Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options
    Right 14.09 and I think we've blown it... six down now with a bowler-heavy line-up and 130 odd still needed... we just aren't a good enough championship side and we're struggling with limited resources... no proper overseas replacement for Kaneria, Cook with England, Bopara playing through an injury, Flower in need of rest and Napier and Ten Doeschate long-term absentees. Just can't win enough games.
  • Options
    Prediction correct ;-)

well done lads, difficult to tell from only the card whether it was a quality bowling display but it has a whiff of us just chucking away the game, especially at 120-3 needing under 150 more.
  • Options
    Yeah !

(Not so Super,but not bad)Kent win !!
  • Options
    Bit of a six pointer that one in footballing parlance.

I'm pleasantly surprised Kent displayed the bottle to win it. If only Azhar was fit enough to play more often.

I think Kent have to finish above Essex to avoid relegation and one other obviously. Durham have games in hand so are in a false position at the moment.
  • Options
    Out of the Relegation Zone......(for now).
  • Options
    Following the closure of the forum on KCCC's official site on July 22, some of us have now set up an independent Kent supporters forum.

It's only been up and running for two weeks but please check it out at:

wearekent.org.uk
  • Options
    Bump.

One new member recruited for wearekent.org.uk as a result of the above. Surely there must be more? We have to keep the Gillingham riff-raff in their place!
  • Options
    Joined.
  • Options
    I knew the line about putting the Gills supporters in their place would encourage a few people!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amjad Khan leaving Kent at the end of the season, can't afford to offer him a deal, how very Charltonesque.
  • Options
    Anyone know what happens in CB40 competition - i know there are 4 groups - is there then a knockout - if so how how many go through? hows it then work?
  • Options
    There are 3 groups, the top two of each go through with the 2 best 3rd place teams, then there is a knockout format, final on 18th Sept.
  • Options
    thanks CHG - so tommorrows game at Hampshire is pretty big. A win would 3rd place likely at least.
  • Options
    Yep, weather looks good too.
  • Options
    77-9 :-(

The Kent Bottlers are alive and well and presently at Edgbaston!
  • Options
    All out 111 but Warwickshire didn't enforce the follow on.

183 behind on first innings no batting bonus points.
  • Options
    Massive blow, this could be us relegated, the Kent forum is not a happy place, we are so skint, the parallels with Charlton are immense.
  • Options
    Warwickshire 17-4.

Stevens 2 wickets Azhar 2
  • Options
    33 for 6 Warks

Unbelievable stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]33 for 6 Warks

Unbelievable stuff.

We will not chase down a total on this pitch.
  • Options
    Is it the pitch or the atmosphere?

The swing bowlers seem tobe picking up the wickets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]33 for 6 Warks

Unbelievable stuff.

We will not chase down a total on this pitch.

I think you're right but hope you're wrong!

49 for 7 now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Is it the pitch or the atmosphere?

The swing bowlers seem tobe picking up the wickets

Sounds like a mixture of poor batting, the ball doing a lot and the odd bad decision by the umpire.

14 wickets already today!
  • Options
    Not sure if it's 14 or more than 14 wickets that automatically triggers a pitch inspection. Either way I can't see there being no more wickets today, so there will be a pitch inspection. If it is found to be dodgy then Warks could be deducted points (I believe Kent were a couple of years ago for a very green pitch at The Mote which resulted in Kent moving away).

If Kent can somehow find a result in this then it could save their season, especially if Warks are deducted any points
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Not sure if it's 14 or more than 14 wickets that automatically triggers a pitch inspection. Either way I can't see there being no more wickets today, so there will be a pitch inspection. If it is found to be dodgy then Warks could be deducted points (I believe Kent were a couple of years ago for a very green pitch at The Mote which resulted in Kent moving away).

If Kent can somehow find a result in this then it could save their season, especially if Warks are deducted any points

Very true, lets hope they are deducted points.
  • Options
    54 for 8
  • Options
    As ever we've let them off the hook such as it was.

138-9 a lead of 321.

we are going down with the Dow Jones.
  • Options
    140 all out.

324 needed to win!!!
  • Options
    Doesn't sound likely on this pitch, let them off the hook in both innings now. What are the parachute payments like?