Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options
    4/5
  • Options
    3/4
  • Options
    2/3...........
  • Options
    I HATE CRICKET !
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    As good a run of form Stevens is having, at the top of the batting order that's being negated by Denly, who is having an absolutely awful patch...how long can that go on or indeed the selectors keep picking him?
  • Options
    Good Old Sussex Sharks !!
  • Options
    Hoping to be at Canterbury tomorrow for the 5.30 kick off , weather permitting....

Anyone else going ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spanish[/cite]Good Old Sussex Sharks !!

Booooo Hissssssssss!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Hoping to be at Canterbury tomorrow for the 5.30 kick off , weather permitting....

Anyone else going ?

Yep, meeting pals in the Three Tonnes for SA v Mexico then going to the game, looking forward to it, weather forecast is good also.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]As good a run of form Stevens is having, at the top of the batting order that's being negated by Denly, who is having an absolutely awful patch...how long can that go on or indeed the selectors keep picking him?

Our strikers score more than Denly does at the moment!

I score more than Denly does at the moment and I've been married years and years!
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]As good a run of form Stevens is having, at the top of the batting order that's being negated by Denly, who is having an absolutely awful patch...how long can that go on or indeed the selectors keep picking him?

I score more than Denly does at the moment and I've been married years and years!

In the County Championship, if you take Denly and Key's best and only "scores" of 95 and 261 respectively then the pair have amassed between them this season 396 runs in 27 innings (25 out) for an average of less than 16.

We simply don't have a big enough squad to put major pressure on Denly for his place but one suggestion I would make would be to open with Treadwell (he did the job in a realtively good Stonewall Jackson type of way before) and move Denly out of the firing line to say 4 or 5 until such time as he finds his form again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

In the County Championship, if you take Denly and Key's best and only "scores" of 95 and 261 respectively then the pair have amassed between them this season 396 runs in 27 innings (25 out) for an average of less than 16.

We simply don't have a big enough squad to put major pressure on Denly for his place but one suggestion I would make would be to open with Treadwell (he did the job in a realtively good Stonewall Jackson type of way before) and move Denly out of the firing line to say 4 or 5 until such time as he finds his form again.

In the 4 day game Tredders could be an option to open I agree but not 20/20.

I think in the T 20 it might be worth trying a pinch hitter type. Coles appears to play naturally aggressively so he could perhaps do it if selected. Blake did well the other day perhaps he could do it. Although I accept the accusation of too inexperienced can be levelled at both. Azhar, Bandara or even Jones would be more experienced possibilities.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

In the 4 day game Tredders could be an option to open I agree but not 20/20.

I think in the T 20 it might be worth trying a pinch hitter type. Coles appears to play naturally aggressively so he could perhaps do it if selected. Blake did well the other day perhaps he could do it. Although I accept the accusation of too inexperienced can be levelled at both. Azhar, Bandara or even Jones would be more experienced possibilities.

I probably didn't make it clear but the sugeestion of Treadwell was for the CC as our off spinner probably thinks that 20/20 is exactly that - 20 off 20 overs.

Funnily enough I'm not quite so concerned about Joe opening in the T20s as it gives him an opportunity to smack his way into form without massive reprecussions on the game itself although a continued run of single figure efforts would call for change sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Northeast can open............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Northeast can open............

And perhaps he should be given a chance though he hasn't brought his somewhat precocious talent to the table yet in the middle order.
  • Options
    (Super) Kent 183-6 off 20 overs.
  • Options
    Midd: 50-1 off 5....
  • Options
    78-1 off 8.

Need 106 off 72.
  • Options
    Gilchrist smashing it for fun and Dexter back to haunt us to boot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we have our ball back please....
  • Options
    143-2 off 13.

Need 41 off 42......
  • Options
    Gilchrist out for 106 off 52 balls

Middx need 7 to win off 3 overs!
  • Options
    Kent better be (Super) today at Beckenham against those bloody "Brown Hatters...."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Booooo Hissssssssss!!

Hove Sunday ?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Booooo Hissssssssss!!

Hove Sunday ?

Outside chance P...haven't discounted it but there are one or two other things on the horizon this week-end...so I'll wait until the day to decide....after that woeful performance on Sunday(yes I was there in my usual spot), it's not exactly 'drawing' me there like a magnet like it would have done last season.
  • Options
    Stuffed again!!
    No...I'm not going to Hove on Sunday!
  • Options
    going to nicky's leaving do instead soundas ?
  • Options
    Pub,Football,Cricket,Beer & Sun:
    How did Kent get on last night....I'm having trouble remembering things.....
  • Options
    M'Sex 83-3 0ff 12 overs.