Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options
    4-1.

That clown Denly has failed yet again. I used to think he was a good player!
  • Options
    13-2 Captain Bob obviously didn't eat enough cake at tea and wants some more!
  • Options
    33-3 Tredders gone
  • Options
    Looking good then, though I doubt playing in 1st or 2nd division really matters too much to revenue does it? Would have thought playing 2nd division Slurrey would be better for the coffers, with a few of their supporters down from kingston, croydon and bromley, rather than Durham tbh. Unless there are huge ECB payments I am unaware of?
  • Options
    43-4 Northeast gone.
  • Options
    Booooo, sack the pitch.
  • Options
    wot's up with Kent? or is it simples, batsmen and bowlers r shit?
    in my limited capacity, it seems like our batsmen have let us down this season. am I right or am I right?
  • Options
    152-7

not long now :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]wot's up with Kent? or is it simples, batsmen and bowlers r shit?
    in my limited capacity, it seems like our batsmen have let us down this season. am I right or am I right?

You are right, we have a very long tail and the top order have failed to protect that tail.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]wot's up with Kent? or is it simples, batsmen and bowlers r shit?

You are right, we have a very long tail and the top order have failed to protect that tail.

We have a lot of batting points, I think our weakness is our bowling attack, no real front line seam attack, as soon as Ntini left we have been woefully short in that department.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    161-8

Azhar gone 0
  • Options

I wouldn't describe our tail as long. Taking the team playing today: Azhar has a career batting average of over 30 and came in at 9. Coles, in his short career, is averaging 25 or so at 10 and our number 11, Cook, has a career best of 93 not out.

The main problem, in my view, is the woeful batting of our openers, Denly and Key. In this match for instance they have scored between them 11 in two innings each. Denly is barely averaging 20 and this match may even have taken him below that. The youngster Northeast at number 3 has not really produced the weight of runs associated with that position either.

The other problem is a lack of depth in the bowling. All too often we have sides at a hundred and something for 6 or 7 and then let them off the hook and they end up with three hundred odd. Denly gets removed in the first over and we struggle.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]

We have a lot of batting points, I think our weakness is our bowling attack, no real front line seam attack, as soon as Ntini left we have been woefully short in that department.

So much so that, even though he has done very well in this game and the ball is clearly swinging, Darren Stevens opened the bowling in both innings. Doubt he's ever done that before in a County Championship match.

As for the batting, Denly hasn't scored a ton this season and averages just 21 following this game. Key has scored 602 runs in the CC but 261 of them came in one innings. So, in his other 22 innnings he's averaging just over 15. Northeast is the future but averages less than 25. That's our top three.
  • Options
    In the time I typed the above the score has moved to 165-9. Cook gone for 0.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]

So much so that, even though he has done very well in this game and the ball is clearly swinging, Darren Stevens opened the bowling in both innings. Doubt he's ever done that before in a County Championship match.

Exactly, he is 35 and a middle order batsmen, no cash to strengthen, and Khan is leaving, next year is going to be tough.
  • Options
    True or not I heard that ALL our players are up for grabs and that at least six of them are on £100K plus. Hence the need to cut our cloth with Ferley, Hockley, Amjad & Lee already released.
  • Options
    198-9. Only another 126 to go!
  • Options
    223-9 van Jaarsveld has got a ton.
  • Options
    224-9. Van J 106 n o. Exactly a ton to get.
  • Options
    All out 228. Lost by 96 van Jaarsveld 110*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps we should now drop the "super"......
  • Options
    Hampshire 56-2 in our cricketing equivalent of a relegation 6 pointer.

No Azhar or Amjad so the bowling is not all that!

That said Stevens and Tredders have picked up one each.
  • Options
    68-3 at lunch.

Bandara got the third.
  • Options
    138-6
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Hampshire 56-2 in our cricketing equivalent of a relegation 6 pointer.

Shouldn't that be 48-pointer, Len?

Anyway, decent start by the boys ...Hants 194-9
  • Options
    That must be our weakest opening attack for many a year, Coles and Stevens, they have bowled well though, I'll give them that.
  • Options
    Hants 204 all out.

Decent in the circumstances. If I was greedy it would have been nice to deprive them of the batting point.
  • Options
    Here we go!

Kent 1-1 Northeast b Cork 0 the "1" was a wide!
  • Options
    15-1 at the close