Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

charlton v southend - post match views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    At his age Basey won't get significantly faster although I guess that good coaching could help.

What he might learn is better anticipation and reading of the game.

He's not as good, IMHO, as Chris Powell in his prime but Powell, who was never fast, was fantastic positionally.

But Chris Powell didn't play top flight football until he was 26/27. He had a lot of time to develop his game at Southend and Aldershot in Divs 4, 3 and 2 before then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I agree with that Henry although just like size I think pace is something that no amount of work can address.

My old woman said size aint important ;-)

and pace ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I agree with that Henry although just like size I think pace is something that no amount of work can address.

My old woman said size aint important ;-)

and pace ?

Lightening fast,no point hanging about ;-)
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Just a small point...it just struck me that we came away with three points 'and' got Semedo's ban out of the way into the bargain, plus it gave him a chance to rest up for a few days........not a bad day when you come to think of it.
  • Options
    I stood and clapped Walker when he came on, if only for his cracking goal at the rusty toolbox in a pre-season afew years back.
  • Options
    nice touch by BDL the way he introduced Walker.
  • Options
    Basey reads the game well and has an excellent pass on him. Reminds me of Barry. Hope he turns out to be half as good as him.
    Elliot has a nice confidence about him. Astounding save yesterday.
    We are not good enough to play with two wingers. Should have started with Spring deputising for Semedo, with Racon on the left. Having said that i thought Waggy played pretty well.
    Overall, last seasons disease of giving the ball away cheaply meant Southend had a lot of possession.
    Don't asume we will beat Stockport just because they are at the bottom.
  • Options
    i hear stockports pitch is all mud and difficult to play on