Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

snowing

Comments

• Options
    Warning of heavy snow

Heavy snow showers are expected this evening becoming heavier and more prolonged overnight. The snow is expected to settle, giving five to 10 cm of snow and in some areas as much as15 to 20cm. Some drifting snow is likely in the strong

north to northeasterly wind. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the ’Highways Agency’ for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Met Office
  • Options
    valleybb9.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Generally though I think you might just find that snowy countries are colder than rainy ones.
    lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I'm playing football tonight for the first time in 10 years. Everybody's got trackys and all kind of transgender wear. I've lost my boots, pads and socks so I'm in old trainers and ankle socks and an old Llanera kit. Really not looking forward to it.[/quote]

Don't go then[/quote]
    If only it were that simple. Apart from the fuss I've made about the people with hats and tracksuits it's not good form to miss a game when you've said you'll show. -8 with windychill now *cry*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I'm playing football tonight for the first time in 10 years. Everybody's got trackys and all kind of transgender wear. I've lost my boots, pads and socks so I'm in old trainers and ankle socks and an old Llanera kit. Really not looking forward to it.

Don't go then
    If only it were that simple. Apart from the fuss I've made about the people with hats and tracksuits it's not good form to miss a game when you've said you'll show. -8 with windychill now *cry*

Just do it, mate. You'll think you'll never catch your breath again, maybe on the point of collapse - but you'll be so knackered afterwards you'll forget about any wimpy concerns that it can be a bit cold in December.

And afterwards in the pub with your mates, you'll feel the alcoholic warmth of "I dunnit".

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]valleybb9.jpg

copyright suzisausage
  • Options
    The hot air balloon still not fixed then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]The hot air balloon still not fixed then?

It never will be apparently - too expensive.
  • Options
    Starting to settle in charlton , very windy though
  • Options
    Settling nicely Reigate way, but windy here too: snow will drift if there's enough of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'aint no trains happening tomorrow morning
  • Options
    train thread possible here.
  • Options
    Here we go again 2 inches of snow, 2 days of chaos
  • Options
    We've got snow and lightning here (Wakering nr Southend) at the same time. I don't remember ever seeing that before.
  • Options
    Now laying fast in the Medway towns, not looking to good for the morning travel.
  • Options
    Excellent, could be a working from home bonus day, though no snow on the Hythe/Dymchurch Riviera as yet.
  • Options
    Really, only a very light dusting in Sidcup currently.
  • Options
    Thunder and lighting in Walderslade. Son helping friend move in Sittingbourne really heavy there too.
  • Options
    Absolutely chucking it down in swanscombe.
  • Options
    Power just cut out for a nano second. Thunder/lightnng across NW kent - Last time that happened we got over a foot of snow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My lights have been flickering on and off for about an hour now!
  • Options
    plenty of snow in Bexleyheath already
  • Options
    Don't think ive ever seen snow and lightning together before in this great country of ours, up the england!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]train thread possible here.

Did someone mention trains....... i fcuking love trains i do!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Power just cut out for a nano second. Thunder/lightnng across NW kent - Last time that happened we got over a foot of snow!

Ah I remember that

Just been out in it to take the gf down to the station, well over 1cm out there already
  • Options
    Its snowing here in Arctic Norfolk. Was going to Cambridge tomorrow for some serious Xmas lunching! Think I'll knock that on the head, especially as the heater has packed up in my car!
  • Options
    I remember seeing thunder and snow in February when it snowed bad.

Hoping it keeps up so no work tomorrow...
  • Options
    Brilliant, no work no money.

Living at the peak of the North Downs, I am hoping, nay praying that no one picks tomorrow to wipe out their no claims bonus in front of me or into me.

Please.

And all of you off work tomorrow in offices etc can take yourselves on the train down to SE7 and help make the pitch playable Saturday, ta.
  • Options
    Britain:

The only country that runs more efficiently through a world war than through a snow storm.   
    :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]And all of you off work tomorrow in offices etc can take yourselves on the train down to SE7 and help make the pitch playable Saturday, ta.

Hmm. The only problem being that the trains wont be running because of the "wrong kind" of snow :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!