Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

snowing

Comments

• Options
    No Kings Ferry coaches ran out of Sheppey or Sittingbourne this morning... for the first time in many years (they even coped ok back in February). So, if things stay like this or get worse, I'd think the Valley Express from this region will have a few issues...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]No Kings Ferry coaches ran out of Sheppey or Sittingbourne this morning... for the first time in many years (they even coped ok back in February). So, if things stay like this or get worse, I'd think the Valley Express from this region will have a few issues...

A cunning plan by Scally?
  • Options
    There is still a flash warning of severe weather for many parts of the south east. However, the worst of the snow is now over with only the risk of only two to five cm in most areas.

The exception to this is east Kent where a heavier spell of snow is expected this evening and overnight. There will be the potential for 10 to 20cm, especially in the far easterly regions.

Temperatures across the south east will remain close to, or even below freezing. This will mean untreated surfaces will stay treacherous throughout.

On Saturday night a band of rain, sleet and snow is expected to move south across the country. This will not be as heavy as last night’s snow with only another cm or so of snow. The main concern will be the treacherous conditions due to ice.

Met Office
  • Options
    the sun is out in the City, temperature up a few degrees, so good news.
  • Options
    Should be home in London by now but still sitting at home in Prague. Easyjet flight cancelled. But able to rebook onto a proper airline - the much maligned British Airways - at 18.30. Now I just have to fight the travel insurance cowboys for some compensation.

But my question is, have they covered the Valley pitch? Do they still have a cover, now we are in League One?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]But my question is, have they covered the Valley pitch? Do they still have a cover, now we are in League One?
    From our friendly Twitter friend:

"Just been out to carry out my own pitch inspection, and although snow needs covering from on top of the frost covers, it looks good"
  • Options
    I've upgraded my estimated 6" to 8" after looking out the back at one of my sheds......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]Should be home in London by now but still sitting at home in Prague. Easyjet flight cancelled. But able to rebook onto a proper airline - the much maligned British Airways - at 18.30. Now I just have to fight the travel insurance cowboys for some compensation.

But my question is, have they covered the Valley pitch? Do they still have a cover, now we are in League One?

Good luck. A colleague had a flight booked to Prague this morning with BA. Had it cancelled and ended up flying with Czech airways or whatever they're called... arrived on time too so god knows what was up with BA
  • Options
    Our Christmas Party is in Deal tonight & with more bad weather heading our way a real danger that I could make it to but not back from the Christmas Party. Baring in mind it a free bar all night in a real dilemna about whether to risk going or not tonight.
  • Options
    Was no snow whatsoever in East Kent this morning, they're predicting some later.

In the space of a ten minute train journey i had gone from no snow to the Artic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Good luck. A colleague had a flight booked to Prague this morning with BA. Had it cancelled and ended up flying with Czech airways or whatever they're called... arrived on time too so god knows what was up with BA

Your colleague better have packed some thermals its -8 and plenty of snow. But its all still working...

They certainly cancelled the early flight at 07.05, but they have three more, which at the moment at least are running. I guess they still have their sharing arrangement with CSA.. That's the trouble with low cost airlines. The only way I could find out what was happening and rebook was because I could stay at home and work out what was happening from the airport websites.

Cross fingers, both for the flights for us far flung Addicks, and for the Valley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I've upgraded my estimated 6" to 8" after looking out the back at one of my sheds......[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_597898][ul][div]Snow.JPG[/div][/ul][/div]

Can we get a photo of the other shed please, ideally both in the same shot... ie two sheds
  • Options
    "and even chief executive Steve Waggott and Stephen Kavanagh were spotted wielding brooms."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"and even chief executive Steve Waggott and Stephen Kavanagh were spotted wielding brooms."

Seth ... the Geordie Smiler has taken on some more work ;-)
  • Options
    Hope the game is off. No 4x4 and very little chance of getting out of my road. 8 inches of snow. Anyone know what the surrounding roads at the Valley are like?
  • Options
    I live in Bromley and as my road is a cul de sac it normally gets quite bad snow wise.

It stopped snowing a few hours ago and the sun has been out, which has melted most of the snow.

My road is virtually clear now, so I would expect Charlton to be absolutely fine, unless there is more snow later.
  • Options
    As JT said, no snow at home, but 5 miles inland it was a white blanket. Good job I convinced myself the trains would be screwed as I had another hour and a half in bed and still got my normal train from westenhanger. At least the east Kent event of the year at the Hythe imperial should be ok to go ahead tomorrow.

I would have expected stone to have a bigger garden than that, what with all the gold and the tsunami insurance money in the bank. But then I guess he lives in aylesford which is maidstones version of thamesmead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]
    I would have expected stone to have a bigger garden than that, what with all the gold and the tsunami insurance money in the bank. But then I guess he lives in aylesford which is maidstones version of thamesmead.

It's Allington actually Mr Dowman and FYI that's only a small corner of my estate old chap. Love and peace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]As JT said, no snow at home, but 5 miles inland it was a white blanket. Good job I convinced myself the trains would be screwed as I had another hour and a half in bed and still got my normal train from westenhanger. At least the east Kent event of the year at the Hythe imperial should be ok to go ahead tomorrow.

What's going on at the Imperial? Had my Xmas 'do' there the other night. Better than i expected to be fair.

Didn't realise until this morning that you could get on the high speed trains between Dover & Ashford with the standard train tickets.

Between Westenhanger & Ashford the snow difference was ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Blizzard has now started in Faversham & looking at the clouds it may be for a while as well. Christmas Party is a definate No for me now Booooo
  • Options
    Yep just started in Ashford, not a blizzard.

Yet.
  • Options
    Waggott and a broomstick............hmmmnnnn
  • Options
    Correction: A Blizzard now.
  • Options
    dont talk to me about westenhanger had our u9's dads annual piss up on tuesday at folkestone racecourse,got there at 11.00 am. They called the meeting off at 12.40 20 mins before the first race,a mass rush ensued to gets us up to crayford dogs for 2.30pm.Still got shitefaced and had a basket head on me on wednesday
  • Options
    Heavy snow for the early hours on saturday morning and temp not above nought all day tomorrow.
  • Options
    Still lovely and sunny in Dartford (obviously lovely is a relative term - it is Dartford after all!!)

But about to head home before the wankers get out on the roads again.
  • Options
    Absolutely hammering it down in Whitstable right now, hammering it down!
  • Options
    Think getting the train up from Sittingbourne to game tomorrow could be fun. Even earlier start is now planned.
  • Options
    the game wont be on if it freezes up it will be too hard to police
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!