Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

snowing

Comments

• Options
    Feeling gutted that I can't get to the match today. Live on a hill on a country lane and cannot get my car out so will have to miss the match. Car still buried under 6 inches of snow anyway so will be another day of staying indoors.
  • Options
    gonna be proper mission navigating my car out of village and then finding rds that are drivable, but well chuft game is still on, by hook or crock I will get to the ground
  • Options
    Here we go again.

Good covering in East Kent, just fell on my arse coming out the house had to change my trousers. Luckily it was dark.
  • Options
    I thought i was the only person to do that. More snow expected today i think.
  • Options
    Snowing heavily again on the North Downs outside Maidstone. Been stuck in the house since Thursday now!
  • Options
    but its been raining here in orpington but now snowing so no hope of it settling again
  • Options
    Snowing in Bexley. Don't panic.
  • Options
    now settling
  • Options
    South Eastern saying that they will be running an enhanced Saturday service from tomorrow.

Snowing hard at St. Pancras, settling in some areas.

All the Eurostar platforms are empty. Station is eerily quiet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were getting that wet sleety stuff down here in Reigate but it suddenly turned into a full blown snow shower which is slowing down but still falling.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]South Eastern saying that they will be running an enhanced Saturday service from tomorrow.
    ...and still charging peak fares.
  • Options
    Mrs has just got to Bluewater and promptly turned around and is heading for home... heavy slow, laying on parts of the A2...
  • Options
    really heavy snow in Bromley.

Settling but has just stop falling
  • Options
    Was sleeting earlier but has hit West London now.
  • Options
    same hee in the Mansion Rudnik household.. very heavy sleety run then heavy snow.. and I am working tomorrow in Bromley so hope it clears tomorrow. Shame we can't get 4ft 11 of it though
  • Options
    Bucketing it down in Chiswick. Really looking forward to the journey home.
  • Options
    Just came back from Bluewater off this week, top car park was open at 3.30 they claimed it was not going to snow, by 4pm covered in Bexley so much for the info they had......
    My close has just become drivable and now this lot has laid on top, no salting what so ever. It is not the snow , but when it freezes over..... black 'marble' ice..... like driving on 'greasey marble' dreadful stuff.....
    Third time this year that my close has been affected, the council do not want to know, even offered to get a 'posse' of helpers/neighbours to spread this stuff, council directive appaently........ now there is a short sighted cost saving.... more money to spend on 'claims' I guess.
  • Options
    Shootershill covered : )
    Another day being chaffeur driven around our Capital city tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just in case anyone's heading for Gatwick (3 miles from us) tonight, that last fall seems to have frozen on the roads and as we had this week's gritter round yesterday, the roads are covered in black ice especially the A217 Reigate Hill/Gatwick road.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny how there's so much discussion about global warming when most of Europe and a lot of the USA are suffering their worst cold weather for years!
  • Options
    If you can avoid driving, do so. Just tried to pick the missus up from the station, but only did about 300yds in 20 minutes. Cars sliding all over the place. Worst i've ever drove in.
  • Options
    no Council will be bothered about gritting roads unless they are a bus route. If not, forget it. As for clearing your own snow - take care, been cases in the past whereby someone has cleared snow off then it freezes, someone takes a fall and next thing you are being sued.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no Council will be bothered about gritting roads unless they are a bus route. If not, forget it. As for clearing your own snow - take care, been cases in the past whereby someone has cleared snow off then it freezes, someone takes a fall and next thing you are being sued.

cat litter is the solution. ideal substitute for grit on your icy paths, and you will also find that the piles of moggy poop that accummulate on top of it provide a little extra grip as well.
  • Options
    Left work at a quarter to 4 this afternoon and the trains were already going up the wall,tomorrow's enhanced Saturday service should be a laugh... jesus thunder and lightning now :(
  • Options
    wow lightening now !!!!
  • Options
    How crazy is this weather, heavy snow, now thunder and lightning ... sun next please ;-)
  • Options
    where...... no snow yet here in Rochester
  • Options
    I'm guessing the answer is 'not many', but in true trainspotting fashion, can anyone tell me if there's any trains running out of charing cross?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markofkent[/cite]where...... no snow yet here in Rochester

Bexleyheath / Welling
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!