Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

snowing

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Think getting the train up from Sittingbourne to game tomorrow could be fun. Even earlier start is now planned.

Bizarrely, the high speed trains out of the bourne, and the metro from Gravesend have been fine today mate... we'll be ok unless there's a sudden deluge tonight...
  • Options
    Colchester game is off...
  • Options
    Just heard my local weather forecast for tonight and saturday morning -5c to -15c god help us .Just as well not making the game tomorrow ,last time it snowed took me 12hours to drive home.ALL THE BEST TOMORROW BOYS.Let em have some.
  • Options
    I wonder if Diawara left any spare pairs of gloves?
  • Options
    Just got back from a delivery and just West of Dorking it's as if someone drew a line across the countryside and said 'Snow will stop here' and it did! Clear as a bell.
  • Options
    JT I haven't got a clue what is happening at the imperial other than the Mrs has arranged for us to go with a group of friends for the evening, might be someones xmas do but I haven't got a clue as to who. All I know is that it is a xmas do of some sort.

Isn't allington the council estate area of aylesford stone?
  • Options
    Just got in from the pub, slightly worse for wear but still able to type(thanks to spell checker)

My stance has now changed, f*** off Mr snow, the working week has now finished, we want our football
  • Options
    I just hope we can get to the game if it is on.
  • Options
    [quote]Just heard my local weather forecast for tonight and saturday morning -5c to -15c god help us .Just as well not making the game tomorrow ,last time it snowed took me 12hours to drive home.ALL THE BEST TOMORROW BOYS.Let em have some.[/quote]

where has all this -5 to -15 come from, the weather forecast for London tomorrow has been and still is between 1 and -1
  • Options
    choice
    Depends where you live .Gets any colder i could skate over the water.
    PS.Its the same for the next five days ,thats what the weatherman has just told me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im in Medway and currently more or less snowed in on high ground, my gig was called off tonight fortunately in Maidstone and a colleague of mine had to sub contract his job out because he is snowed in also in Maidstone. I think we have had the worst of it here but fortunately im very close to the m2/a2, Im gonna endevour to leave here at 1015 in the morning with a view to getting to the pub at 11am so hoping that there wont be another mountain load tonight.

I expect there will be many stories on here come Monday on who didnt make it..Good luck to all and fingers crossed the game goes ahead for the majority who will get there.
  • Options
    Didn't think the pubs were open Choice - which and where ?
  • Options
    Clancys as far as im aware.
  • Options
    Last i heard the Swan was opening also..
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No snow overnight in Welling, heavy frost, just taking the dog for a walk.
  • Options
    great news was just gonna ask if anyone local knew..
  • Options
    All looks OK out of my window in SE7 - pavements look a lot less slippery than they were yesterday morning.
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark is open to regulars only and the Royal Oak is open business as usual.
  • Options
    the oak is open! blimey thats one i would have thought would def be shut
  • Options
    No snow overnight but it is not looking good.Just been out to check the car and its -10c and still have to take the wife out shopping.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After taking the dog for a walk this morning, I can report that there was only 2 inches around fanny
  • Options
    Operation stack - don't know if this will affect VE?
  • Options
    A2 closed between Dover and Faversham in both directions. Scheduled to re-open at 11.
  • Options
    Anyone ?
    Whats the Road & Path situation in SE7 Please ?
  • Options
    Just got a text from a mate who lives up by the village. He says it's OK and should go ahead.

There's no more snow forecast so it must be assumed they'd have called it off by now if they were going to.
  • Options
    We can't get out of our road. Even 4 wheel drives hace struggled and I don't have one of those.

Well p***** off I'm almost certainly going to miss this.
  • Options
    Re VE, difficulties getting onto site but reported at 9:15, all coaches were on their way to destinations with no problems reported.
  • Options
    Been to Charlton this morning; folks out gritting the pavements. All roads and access seems as per usual. The game will certainly be going ahead, and let's sing up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]the Road & Path

where's this pub then?? ;-)
  • Options
    Just up from the village.
    ;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!