Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

snowing

Comments

• Options
    Day off today - went to Bluewater at lunctime but came home an hour later without getting out of the car after the 5th car park I reached was Full.

Thn decided to do he xmas food shopping (turkey, veg, drink etc) at my local Asda in Swanley - I live nr the station which is no more than a 10 min walk from town but as it was going to be a large shop and it had just started raining I took the car............big mistake !!!

It took me 2 hrs to drive home - a trip of less than a mile !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Golfie - go back on foot, but this time steal a trolley!
  • Options
    good news is that the forecast for Weds, Thurs and Friday is Sunny Intervals with temps of 5 and Saturday is going to be positively SUNNY and highs of 8.
  • Options
    My Charlton mate who lives in Bexleyheath got the underground to North Greenwich and then had a 3 hour walk from there to Bexleyheath, he left work at 5.00 and got home about 10.15 :-(
  • Options
    About to set off for Brands Hatch (West Kingsdown) in afew minutes....fingers crossed.
    Will avoid Chislehurst/Perry Street and go down the A21 and round the M25...."Once more into the breach dear friends."
  • Options
    Our car park at work is literally an ice rink. Coupla cars have already spun out round the corner.
  • Options
    Going to visit my inlaws in Basildon in a couple of hours, picking my daughter up first in Erith (will I manage the hills or too icy?), then M25 & A13.

Then up to the City this evening to collect some stuff from the office.

Not looking forward to today.
  • Options
    Yeah good luck with that one mate , inlaws from Basildon !?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Yeah good luck with that one mate , inlaws from Basildon !?!

I know ... but my wife is Charlton, converted her many years ago.
  • Options
    42 homeless people frozen to death on streets in Poland. Gone off this White Christmas malarkey. Good luck to all and hope you all manage to see your friends and family over Christmas. We're supposedly off to Berlin via Antwerp for Christmas - by coach! Enjoy yourselves and get three points please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]42 homeless people frozen to death on streets in Poland.
    That puts it all in to perspective, here I am complaining about my commute this morning when there are people out there dying. I used to enjoy this time of year when I was younger.
  • Options
    I left work in Russell Square at 7pm and was home in Sidcup by 8.45.

This morning left home at 8am and was in work at 9.30, i'm well happy with that having read some of the stories on here.
  • Options
    Roads are nice and clear this morning I have to say.
  • Options
    Roads are surprisingly good. Got to basildon in about 30 minutes. M25 and tunnel/bridge are clearer than usual.

Hoping the City is ok when I go there this evening.
  • Options
    the white stuff is back......

So far have a little nr Rochester
  • Options
    was watching countryfile this morning and wednesday thursday and friday looks like we are in for a hell of a lot of snow
  • Options
    We got a nice dusting around midnight NYE and forecast claIms more on the way but I can't see there being a lot
  • Options
    Just a dusting here at the moment, but not liking the look of the outlook for the rest of the week and next weekend, very cold and prospect of some heavy snow. Lets hope next weeks match doesn't fall foul of the weather, we don't need a fixture pile up.
  • Options
    Very light snow coming down in New Eltham at the moment
  • Options
    nothing in my part of eltham yet.. mind you it is supposed to be snowing on Thursday and Friday.. they don't know how heavy. Weather forecast earlier on after giving a forecast stated when he was finishing "all bets are off on wether it was going to snow". ( iget the feeling it is so changeable even they dont know where and when it is going to hit)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody snow in sevenoaks, worst thing is it always sets over here!

I hate driving if roads are snowy/icy aswell so hope clears up before work tomorrow or the gritters are out in force overnight please
  • Options
    About 25 degrees here in Melbourne with nice breeze by the river....
  • Options
    2 - 3 cms of snow here this morning and effing nippy.
  • Options
    suprisingy all roads on way to work were gritted result! but its still bloody cold
  • Options
    Plenty of snow in Wingham outside Canterbury on New Years Day but cleared up by the time we left saturday.

Going to Heathrow on Thursday so hope not too much snow then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]About 25 degrees here in Melbourne with nice breeze by the river....

Will be in Singapore on Friday for week or so and it's 33 degrees ... only trouble is it's monsoon season and pissing down ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Going to Heathrow on Thursday so hope not too much snow then!

Well according to the weather 'experts' we can expect a couple of inches of snow in London from wednesday onwards.
  • Options
    Light snow in Central London now
  • Options
    Quite heavy in London Euston, not sur eif it's settling yet though...
  • Options
    heavy snow in the city now, can barely see the Gherkin and it's only a couple of hundred feet away!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!