Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

snowing

Comments

• Options
    Where's the lightning?

Had snow in Gravesend, turned to sleet now.
  • Options
    Has stopped snowing outside Maidstone now.
  • Options
    Now raining in Woolwich
  • Options
    OMG, what a joke.

My little one has been with me today. She's had a temp of 102 today so had to take her back to Gravesend from Bexleyheath too see her GP. Drove through a blizzard on the A2 to get down there and have spent the last 2 hours driving back and have only got as far as Princes Road, everywhere is blooming gridlocked. Joke of a country!
  • Options
    took me over a hour to do a usual 5 minute drive home from work and cant get up my road,we have a salt box behind my house so went to get some, yep you guessed it empty.Left the car down the road hope it clears up for tomorrow taking the kids crayford dogs tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    Don't go anywhere near bromley accidents 2 hour drive from bromley south to bromley north
  • Options
    I would love to know who's directive it is not to grit side roads, for the first time I have been unable to use my car because of this. It must be some sort of stupid false economy. In previous years my road has been gritted.
  • Options
    You lot still got snow up at your end of the map?

Down here in deepest darkest Cornwall, on Saturday we just managed a 20 minute flurry - but no sooner as it started to settle, the sun came out. And that was our lot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Don't go anywhere near bromley accidents 2 hour drive from bromley south to bromley north

You've cheered me up!

It only took me an hour and a half to drive from the centre of Bromley to Bickley!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no Council will be bothered about gritting roads unless they are a bus route. If not, forget it. As for clearing your own snow - take care, been cases in the past whereby someone has cleared snow off then it freezes, someone takes a fall and next thing you are being sued.

Had NO gritters down the Fastrack route where I live in Dartford. Ice rink this morning, slush rink this evening. Surprised there hasn't been an accident yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just took me 4 hours 10 minutes to drive from Tonbridge to New Eltham. Must of passed at least 6 accidents!
  • Options
    So far, 1hr 50 to get from Tower Hill to almost Blackwall Tunnel...
  • Options
    3 hours 15 minutes from Brands Hatch to Bromley....and I cheated a bit by driving a few hundred yards the wrong way down a oneway street at the bottom of Bromley Hill.....otherwise I'd still be only a few hundred yards up Bromley Hill.
    Chislehurst completely (and I mean completely) impassable....Totally agree with Bart....the worst driving conditions I've ever experienced in almost 50 years behind the wheel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]So far, 1hr 50 to get from Tower Hill to almost Blackwall Tunnel...

Good luck medders.. the A2 is not the best place to be right now!!!
  • Options
    My dad 2 hrs 30 mins from canary wharf at 4.45pm to sidcup.

I can't get home. Stuck at parents. :-(
  • Options
    How's les_says going to eat?!
  • Options
    He's got supplies and I left him with a krispy creme so he's fine! :-)
  • Options
    Boris better go and pray to his snow gods again as he promised in February, but seriously, well done Mr Mayor, you put the lessons of February to great use, as this city comes to a crunching halt again
  • Options
    I made it home after 3hr 20 to get from Gravesend to Bexleyheath.
    Have since discovered my brother left Bromley on a 269 Bus at 4pm and as of his last phone call 10 mins ago, has still not even reached Chislehurst. Has given up and is walking back to Bromley to get some food and wil try again later. Can anyone recommend a good b&b or hotel to Bromley where we might be able to get him booked in as I can see he'll have even less chance getting home later.
  • Options
    Apparently there is a 21 car pile up in Bromley!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and meant to say, avoid the main hill on Watling St between Bexleyheath and Crayford as its nothing but an ice rink at the moment. Every single 96 in the fleet must be at the top of the hill waiting to get down! Never seen chaos like it.
  • Options
    3 hrs dartford to welling, what fun for my birthday.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    global warming bollox !! had to walk from North Greenwich and what ever you do to get to Kidbrooke there is a naffing great hill somewhere. Had to use the hand rails all the way up the hill which is next to old greenwich hospital. Cars and buses cant get up it as it pure ice.

There is a strange pong in the air as well is it Millwall scum hanging about or smog.

still i miss the days when Red Ken controled the weather eh Rothco.
  • Options
    Snowball fight anyone?????
  • Options
    Well Boris promised that a situation like this wasn't going to happen again, and TfL and London Buses would be prepared for it, well I reckon he gambled it wouldn't snow again while he was Mayor, and lost
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The roads had been gritted and salted in most instances...however the rain of the last few days has for the most part washed away both grit and salt.
    This latest snow storm came as something of a surprise and at the worst possible moment...just an hour or so before the evening rush hour....subsequently the gritting lorries now cannot get out and about to grit and salt the roads. Couple with that a sudden dramatic drop in temperature of around 2 degrees (to the point of freezing) and the receipe was disasterous...namely iced roads.
    It's not just the London boroughs that have been caught out but a host of local authorities well down into Kent and Surrey....still some ill informed folk will blame Boris.......... that goes without saying.
  • Options
    Transport is still running, although very slowly, unlike February.

At London Bridge at 16.30 home at 19.10 (in Sidcup), slightly quicker than Friday night.
  • Options
    feck all down here in medway since the 15-20cm odd we got thursday night, although the pavements are still deadly. Took me 70 mins to walk to the train station saturday, it usually takes 15, tops. It stopped being funny after I fell over for the 97538268474363th time. With my injury prone past (including broken arm, broken leg, broken hand, numerous broken fingers and toes, 2 operations etc... in just 22 years) its a miracle I didnt end up in A&E instead of the valley. The 4 hours playing in the snow in the park on friday was fun though :D
  • Options
    Had to walk home from Waterloo station.

No buses there and traffic was gridlocked all along the route.

Oh well, only an hours walk so cant complain too much!
  • Options
    Left Belvedere by car 4.45 and got home to Bromley 8.15. Fookin nightmare. Worst I've ever known in 25 years driving. Just ever so grateful that I got home at all and without having an accident. Some kind blokes gave me a push Belvedere way when I was just wheel spinning or I would never had made it.

Brother phoned at 9.00 still trying to get home to Orpington from London by bus, as no trains. He asked me for a lift as bus was only going to Bromley. I declined and offered to put him up for the night.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!