Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe Away

Comments

• Options
    Is there a bar in the away end?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]coming from the guy who had us standing at Bromley North waiting for the coach for ages only to find out it was around the corner

Oh ssh, that was a blond moment
  • Options
    I reckon we will have 1400 there any ideas on a pub meet up?
  • Options
    How many have we sold?

Got my tickets when they first went on sale, looking forward to it. Players have had 2 weeks off so should be ready to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I reckon we will have 1400 there any ideas on a pub meet up?
    The Swan.

To be fair to Nathan I nearly missed the coach as well.
  • Options
    We've sold 1,211
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I reckon we will have 1400 there any ideas on a pub meet up?
    The Swan.

Thought it was the White Horse ?
  • Options
    Me, Buckshee, and our better halfs are going on the £40 special
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    The Swan.

I meant the white horse!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]We've sold 1,211

Ooh Aah will be pleased. They brought 1,021 to ours : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dosen't look like it will sell out then :( surprising
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    The Swan.

I meant the white horse!

I will definately say I wont be going there, but i can understand your reasoning!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Simply atrocious.
    Have not played in a couple of week's, a new ground for us to visit, and we need the fans to get behind the lad's if we have any real promotion aspirations.

Poor effort thus far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]

Simply atrocious.
    Have not played in a couple of week's, a new ground for us to visit, and we need the fans to get behind the lad's if we have any real promotion aspirations.

Poor effort thus far.

Thus far being the key words.

Just as there has been no game there has been less opportunity to buy tickets at a home game or make a trip to the Valley due to the weather.

Imagine a few will be waiting until they have an idea that the game is actually on.

Let's wait and see what the final figure is before deciding it is "Simply atrocious" ; - (
  • Options
    People waiting to see what the weather is doing i suspect.
  • Options
    http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=netweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|UK|UK118|High%20Wycombe&metric=1
  • Options
    We're really good at trotting out excuses for poor away showings.

So in addition to bad weather, no recent home games to buy tickets at and not being sure if the game will be on, i'd like to add - it's January and people are skint.

I'm going and to be honest i think us not taking 1800 to what is a new ground for us, and we're chasing promotion is pretty pathetic, especially as it's our only away game this month.
  • Options
    no argument from me there chris
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]We're really good at trotting out excuses for poor away showings.

So in addition to bad weather, no recent home games to buy tickets at and not being sure if the game will be on, i'd like to add - it's January and people are skint.

I'm going and to be honest i think us not taking 1800 to what is a new ground for us, and we're chasing promotion is pretty pathetic, especially as it's our only away game this month.

how do you know there won't be 1800 there come saturday !?!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]We're really good at trotting out excuses for poor away showings.

how do you know there won't be 1800 there come saturday !?!?

If we do then i will hold my hands up but you can't pay on the day and i think it's unlikely we'll shift 600 in the next 4 days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you can't pay on day ??

i might have to rethink this. Not sure how i'm gonna get there so was just going to pay on day if i do go
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]you can't pay on day ??

i might have to rethink this. Not sure how i'm gonna get there so was just going to pay on day if i do go
    Dee Eye Double Tea O
  • Options
    They'll probably send them back today as well...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]you can't pay on day ??

From the OS:

"The latest news from the commercial centre is that the Addicks had sold 1,178 tickets for Charlton's first competitive trip to Adams Park.

And with the match having been designated all-ticket, supporters must purchase their places before the day of the match on Saturday, January 16th. The last day for mailing out tickets is Wednesday, and tickets will be available in person from The Valley until Friday morning."
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well i reckon we'll sell more than norwich did when they played them the other week when our game was cancelled because of poor weather. even though our journey is 100 miles less than theirs. we'll have a lot paying on the door like at stockport
  • Options
    I'm not making any excuses for "poor" turnouts.

Just pointing out that saying that turnout is "poor" or even "atrocious" before the game has taken place is slightly premature.

[cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]well i reckon we'll sell more than norwich did when they played them the other week and when game was cancelled because of poor weather. even though our journey is 100 miles less than theirs. we'll have a lot paying on the door like at stockport

How many did Norwich sell in advance then. And remember they have bigger home gates than us : - )
  • Options
    I thought Norwich sold out at Wycombe plus they had sold over 2200 for the called off game at Wallsal??

I could be wrong though?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Another excuse for not going.....Its too bloody cold!
  • Options
    How many tickets sold now? I need to get 2 adult and 2 children tickets!
  • Options
    600 left