Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sexism still rife in SE7

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The top womens footballer (a Brazilian named Marta for those that didn't know), earns a reported 250k a year playing in the new US league. That's roughly what Ronaldo takes home every week.

And, according to some, obviously she'd struggle playing against a boys youth team.

Izale McLeod eat your heart out. I bet she's shit hot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]is this a wind-up or for real ??

Women's football is for women who are frustrated that they were not born a man. No-one is interested other than those that participate in it, their families and a few odd perverts (in my opinion that is).

quality...
  • Options
    women and football should not mix fact

male basteon i am with Mr D Mehmet on this one
  • Options
    It's not Richard Redden is it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]It's not Richard Redden is it?[/quote]

Oh I do hope so.

Is Karen Brady our new CEO then Henry?

Oh I do hope not.
  • Options
    Whose a pwoper little Dworkins?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]It's not Richard Redden is it?

Oh I do hope so.

Is Karen Brady our new CEO then Henry?

Oh I do hope not.

I was thinking of heather rebbats
  • Options
    I was thinking about a board like this
  • Options
    for some reason the one with the dodgy chevy in the yellow does it for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what one would you choose?
  • Options
    The one wearing the new kit?
  • Options
    quite liking the orange ranger
  • Options
    new kit?
  • Options
    does he mean 2nd right
  • Options
    The women-hating drivel on this thread just demonstrates whay sort of idiots the Charlton board panders to. Someone ONLY earns 250k a year so they must be shyte? So we value how good someone is by what they earn. Eff me stop cutting the bonuses to these bankers, if they're paid that much to begin with they clearly must be 10-50 times better at what they do than most of the rest of us are at what WE do, so let's double their salaries and build statues to them. Seriously, this is farcical. You think one month of Marcus Bent's salary is worth a year of the second best women's team in Britain AND a girls' academy structure that involved teams at every level from age 6-16 (that WAS the trade-off)? I truly hope we stay in the third division if even one in ten Charlton fans are as pitifully misogynistic and backward thinking as the venemous drooling numpties that have ruined this thread. Let's see the men's team in the Ryman League and the women in Europe if that's what it takes for you to have even half a second's respect for women and/or the fastest growing sport in the world (women's football). Eejits.
  • Options
    I don't think you're in a position to be calling anyone an eejit, see as you (who professes to care so much about them) don't even know who's responsible for the women's side these days.
  • Options
    I am aware that the women's side is run by the community scheme. But only because the woman-hating board members closed the proper team down and made the community scheme start a barely-funded pitiful new one so they could save face. The blame will always lie with the board. The main reason I have been praying for a takeover - be it Middle Eastern, African, Russian, Brummie or whatever - is to get shot of the Judas board that sold the women down the river. Trust me, I am not alone on this.
  • Options
    What a depressing thread. There was a link up on one of the threads last week that took readers over to a Millwall Fan Forum and, flipping through the postings, I was stunned that anyone would find such vile invective amusing or entertaining. I guess it is not just limited to Millwall supporters.

I greatly enjoy women's football (and basketball). These sports have been a bridge for my wife, sisters, and, now, daughter to enjoy live sporting events with me. Both the professional women's team we support here in the states and our local university side would run circles around the vast majority of men -- they would destroy them in any competitive football match. This appears to be a daunting reality for most men and one that only asinine insults seem to allay. I would hazard a guess that the reality is that people who go out of their way to denigrate women's sports tend to be those that wish that they were born men and not pie-loving laggards that could never quite cut it (or be bothered to really try) in competitive sports.

I am troubled at the decline of the club's women's team but ultimately recognize that what happens with that part of the club will be determined by business considerations that are brutal and unforgiving. I am also aware that all of the previous posts are done in jest and good fun, but the malice thinly veiled by the cheeky hyperbole is embarrassing both to the reader and as a reflection on those who posted the statements.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]I am aware that the women's side is run by the community scheme. But only because the woman-hating board members closed the proper team down and made the community scheme start a barely-funded pitiful new one so they could save face. The blame will always lie with the board. The main reason I have been praying for a takeover - be it Middle Eastern, African, Russian, Brummie or whatever - is to get shot of the Judas board that sold the women down the river. Trust me, I am not alone on this.

It just has to be Richard Redden................Happy Christmas fella!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey some strange strange people out there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]I am aware that the women's side is run by the community scheme. But only because the woman-hating board members closed the proper team down and made the community scheme start a barely-funded pitiful new one so they could save face. The blame will always lie with the board. The main reason I have been praying for a takeover - be it Middle Eastern, African, Russian, Brummie or whatever - is to get shot of the Judas board that sold the women down the river. Trust me, I am not alone on this.

Where do you suggest that the club find the £300,000 to run the Ladies side? That's a hell of a lot of money so that 50 or so family members fans can watch them. How many matches did you go to out of curiosity?

Judas Board? By this to you mean the same people who dragged this club, OUR CLUB from the brink, got us back home to the Valley, OUR VALLEY, spent millions of their own money and continue to year after year?

The board are the sole reason our beloved Charlton Athletic still exists. This, should never be forgotten.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]I truly hope we stay in the third division if even one in ten Charlton fans are as pitifully misogynistic and backward thinking as the venemous drooling numpties that have ruined this thread.

I am aware that the women's side is run by the community scheme. But only because the woman-hating board members closed the proper team down and made the community scheme start a barely-funded pitiful new one so they could save face. The blame will always lie with the board. The main reason I have been praying for a takeover - be it Middle Eastern, African, Russian, Brummie or whatever - is to get shot of the Judas board that sold the women down the river.

That is a disgusting comment to make about board members who have backed this club so strongly thereby ensuring that it SURVIVES.

If your hope is that we stay in the 3rd division, then perhaps you should find another team. Obviously you have no interest in the mens team anyway.

I still hope that this is a wind-up, but I am beginning to think it is not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]The women-hating drivel on this thread just demonstrates whay sort of idiots the Charlton board panders to. Someone ONLY earns 250k a year so they must be shyte? So we value how good someone is by what they earn. Eff me stop cutting the bonuses to these bankers, if they're paid that much to begin with they clearly must be 10-50 times better at what they do than most of the rest of us are at what WE do, so let's double their salaries and build statues to them. Seriously, this is farcical. You think one month of Marcus Bent's salary is worth a year of the second best women's team in Britain AND a girls' academy structure that involved teams at every level from age 6-16 (that WAS the trade-off)? I truly hope we stay in the third division if even one in ten Charlton fans are as pitifully misogynistic and backward thinking as the venemous drooling numpties that have ruined this thread. Let's see the men's team in the Ryman League and the women in Europe if that's what it takes for you to have even half a second's respect for women and/or the fastest growing sport in the world (women's football). Eejits.

Put the kettle on treacle.
  • Options
    She's only bitter cos she got kicked out of the North Stand for burning her bra during a match.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to knock womens football. I watched the cup finals on tv and thought they made for an enjoyable couple hours viewing. That said, I have never been to a game, am highly unlikely to go to a game, and would not want to fund women's football out of my money. College Park Addick makes some good points, but they are valid to America where there is a tradition of women playing football that just doesn't exist here.

Floyd & Harvey, your line that, "I truly hope we stay in the third division ..." actually gives the game away as to what is important at this club (and indeed all football clubs). You have used the collective "we" to refer to the mens team. That is no accident, it is a perfectly natural way to talk because the club is the mens team. It is not the womens team. I bet if you asked all Charlton fans what is there primary interest in the club and they will respond that it's the mens first team. I'd be absolutely amazed if less than 99% thought that way. Sure there'll be a few anoraks that passionately follow all levels that the club participates in, and a handful of people (perhaps like yourself) with a special interest in a different team that the club has. But for the vast majority it is the mens first team that is the be all and end all. For that reason nothing that our other sides do must detract from what the first team does. If the board decides that a particular team or entry into a particular competition would be too much of a drain on resources, then that is good enough for me.

Totally agree with stonemuse about the board and what they have done for the club.
  • Options
    Still on this ill informed wind up I see F&H.
  • Options
    "Put the kettle on treacle."
    lol
    yeah , lets all blame the 'judas board' who saved the club , made them recognised throughout of europe .
    If it wasnt for the 'judas board' we wouldnt have had a mens team nevermind a womens team with their fantastic following of FIFTY. I think your the 'Eejit'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]The women-hating drivel on this thread just demonstrates whay sort of idiots the Charlton board panders to. Someone ONLY earns 250k a year so they must be shyte? So we value how good someone is by what they earn.

T'was me that mentioned the wages. I wasn't knocking her wages or saying she was sh*t, i for one, would love to earn what she earns a year and no doubt she earns more than that in sponsorship. My point was more related to the gulf between men and womens football. She's been the Womens world player of the year for the past 4 years but she only earns a year what the top men roughly earn in a week. You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think womens football comes anywhere close to mens in terms of pace, power, skill, ability and popularity
  • Options
    I am with Floyd and College on this one. Some of the football that can be witnessed is quite exceptional. Perhaps the crowds that attend may not be what the mens team can attract, but the excitement is the same, if not better.
    Furthermore it is witnessed by supporters that don't need to drink 10 pints then shout abuse at each other, in order to have a fun day out.
    In these days of equality, the local council should hang their heads in shame (as should the club).