Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

charlton v swindon - post match views

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]

However, idiot(s) of the match have to go to all those people who gave standing ovations to either of the sent off players - what a bunch of morons, and what shocked me more is that those same people around me who did that could not be bothered to clap Omozusi, Jonjo or Sodje (A) off when they were subbed after stirling efforts.

absolutley spot on why would you applaud those 2 fooking morons for what they did
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]<b>Burton ran 15 20 yards to swear at the ref for missing the akpo decision it was a pen but akpo fell over pretty easily for a fair bit and i can see why the ref didnt give it, the lino on that side was better placed yet he hardly gave fudge all all game</b>

Really? Swearing? You clearly have much better hearing than anyone in the ground then. When that Swindon defender threw his arms around Burton and chucked him on the ground in the penalty area , I supposed he was doing a great job in not awarding a penalty; which it clearly was.[/quote] i thought it was not a pen but a free kick on the edge. ref was right to book burt for dissent but should have booked a number of them. interview with parkie sounded like he felt both were justified and the two players had been spoken to.
  • Options
    Lleras defending is very poor, unless its in the air. His finish was sublime.

Simples.
  • Options
    Couldn't make it today but great to get a draw out of the game considering we had 9 men for over half of it.

Parky deserves credit for building a squad with the team spirit and belief that helped them get that result. A Dowie, Reed or Pardew team would have never got anything out of a game like that after going down to 9 men, then going 2-1 down.
  • Options
    I was proud to be a charlton fan today, ok so Swindon were poor but i thought the 9 on the pitch showed committment and passion - what more can you want? deserved a draw, only one request, can Llera please take his shirt off when walking off the pitch after he scores, highlight of Yeovil game and it is Christmas
  • Options
    thought the ref, who was appalling, got it spot on though with both the sending off's and I'm not sure it was a penalty on Akpo, for a big geezer he seemed to go over too easily for me, and maybe that affected the decision. To get sent off for dissent and a deliberate handball was so unprofessional, to clap either off was unbelievable, in fact I booed Burton off because his was just silly and ridiculous and I expect better from him. Sodje is a hothead and I expect it from him now. The 9 that battled on were heroic and but for a good save from their keeper and two cleared off the line we could still have won it, with 10 players I think we would.

Parky I think got it wrong from the start. We had no width and four central midfielders who seemed to be playing within ten yards of each other. It was a chance for Waggy to play in his natural position and put pressure on Sam. He's been doing well on the left so to just drop him was bizarre and when he came on he caused them all sorts of problems. When Akpo was knackered, about an hour in, I'd have replaced him straight away with McLeod. I know he's not popular but he has got pace and we needed that up front. Balls down the channels he could have chased down with ease and releived the pressure. McKenzie has no pace and once he came on the ball didn't really stick up top. Dickson tried a couple of balls to Waggy out wide that didn't come off, no problem there, but on other occasions he didn't seem prepared to pressurize the defender or chase balls around. However, Parky has instilled a battling mentality and they all dug deep when needed and rescued a well deserved point so well done to all involved, Burton and Sodje owe you one.
  • Options
    crap game - we'd have slaughtered them even with 10 men (how the fook are they in the play offs???), Sodje and Burton need a grilling and a substantial fine, however at least we scraped a point in the end.

Can't fault any of the other players, I've played in sides of 9 men against 11 and it doesn't matter how good the other side are, trust me you get fooked just chasing the ball.

Bailey MOM by a country mile...
  • Options
    If he played Super Izale and picked up a knock any move would be gooked but he wouldve been idral for his pace and diving ability.

Bailey was totally kinsella-esque today.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ?
  • Options
    heroics? lets get it straight.........2 home games 2 points......not good enough.........these were 2 key games we should have won regardless of the activities within each game, charlton threw the games away...
    no stregnth in depth....and cant see us improving as the season turns the corner.........
    promotion....no chance, playoffs.....a deflating dream.....time to get real as the real promotion power horses gather pace.....

prove me wrong, but while this club is still run by the same idiots with no money and no ambition, and no bloody idea,ecxept how to slowly bleed a club dry, it aint going to change.....

these people have proved consistenly that cannot run a club, tell me has something changed?.....i think not, and it will not......look forward to 2010

I think Dabos and ValleyFloydRed are talking about the HEROIC performance of the individuals left on the pitch after the 2 sending offs!Under the circumstances, it was a terrific comeback, cheer up Danmanra
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky I think got it wrong from the start. We had no width and four central midfielders who seemed to be playing within ten yards of each other. It was a chance for Waggy to play in his natural position and put pressure on Sam. He's been doing well on the left so to just drop him was bizarre and when he came on he caused them all sorts of problems.

Totally agree Large, although i did feel with 11 men on the pitch, Parky's tactics would have worked. Felt very sorry for Waggy though, we did miss him and Lloyd today, hopefully back to winning ways Monday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Totally agree with you large, he did get it completely wrong but i still feel without the 2 sending offs we would have won the game comfortably.
    Missed Lloyds creativity alot today, could really have done with Waggy and Sam on the flanks. Never mind, hopefully back to winning ways monday.
    Always thought we'd miss Sam. Not sure why Wagstaff was dropped when he had the chance to start in his best position. Back to 4-4-2 on Monday hopefully.
  • Options
    Always thought we'd miss Sam. Not sure why Wagstaff was dropped when he had the chance to start in his best position. Back to 4-4-2 on Monday hopefully.
    I honestly think Mooney will be a massive loss! At least Lloyd is back Monday, I think I would start Dickson along side Akpo, Mckenzie didnt look sharp enough for me today!
  • Options
    Sorry, but what was 'sharp' about Akpo today? 'Hulk' perhaps more appropriate, from the Marcus Bent school of frustrated arm-waving. McKenzie added movement and awareness, appropriate for that stage of the game. Dickson showed more in his cameo today than in his previous combined efforts for us, notwithstanding a couple of poor attempted passes to Waggy.
  • Options
    if Dicko thinks he is good enough to play for Barcelona then now may be the time for him to show it. McKenzie and Sodje wouldn't work in my opinion so I agree with Sodje/Dicko combo. Mooney is out three to six weeks so I doubt we'll see him before February at best. Time for others to step up to the plate.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how Dickson does if he stays and gets a few games. Almost a year ago we put him in the team and at first people were saying he had improved, added to his game, but apart from a few decent games I was never convinced by that. Then this season he goes to Bristol Rovers on loan and their fans have similar doubts about him. Could be a useful player for us as Parky said himself, but for me still has a lot to prove.
  • Options
    Sorry, but what was 'sharp' about Akpo today? 'Hulk' perhaps more appropriate, from the Marcus Bent school of frustrated arm-waving. McKenzie added movement and awareness, appropriate for that stage of the game. Dickson showed more in his cameo today than in his previous combined efforts for us, notwithstanding a couple of poor attempted passes to Waggy.

Did I ever say Sodje looked sharp solar? Im giving him the benefit of the doubt because he absolutely ran his socks off today! Mckenzie did absolutely nothing!Sodje on the other hand was there to set up Shelvey!
  • Options
    Anyone slating Akpo today needs their brain dusting!

He singlehandedly kept 4 defenders occupied today

anyone slating Burton needs to give the fella a break - he's a major reason we are 2nd and he's done more good this season than bad!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]anyone slating Burton needs to give the fella a break - he's a major reason we are 2nd and he's done more good this season than bad!
    Burton along with Dailly have been our best players this season. No player is going to play well every game, as we saw with Dailly last week.
  • Options
    Hard to slag off a striker when his team is down to nine men! Blimey, that is a tough ask for anyone, leading the line with only seven outfield team mates for support!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

anyone slating Burton needs to give the fella a break - he's a major reason we are 2nd and he's done more good this season than bad!

here here. he was silly today, but has been class all year.
  • Options
    Can honestly say I didn`t really see either offence clearly regarding the sending offs but judging by the comments on here they both seem to have acted very stupidly and unprofessionally. Having said all of that I am proud of the other players for digging in and feel PP deserves a lot of credit for really going for it in the latter stages which ultimately got us the point.
  • Options
    72 guests on line ....... the match finished 5 hours ago (!)
  • Options
    The Tv's crap Oggy and the bleedin Mother in Law aint left yet!

Its hell!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]The Tv's crap Oggy and the bleedin Mother in Law aint left yet!

Its hell!

Ha ha, Falcs .... the dreaded Mother in Law. I feel so sorry for you mate!
    No wonder you're on here!

;o)
  • Options
    To slate Akpo Sodje for todays effort is wrong. I am not going to comment about his fundamental ability, but his effort, unselfishness, powerful presence, and overall contribution, most especially when we only had 9 players, was excellent. Indeed the attitude of the second half players was astonishing. I have never seen us play with 9 at home before, and didn't believe we could survive, but we did.
    How long did we even play with 11 players? In terms of sheer willpower from the troops, you may have to go right back to the Manure 3-3 to match it.
    Two points dropped granted, even four if you count Millwall, but we have only lost 2 games in the league so far, we're undefeated at home going into 2010, and judicious extra intervention now could help us sustain things.....lets get those points to rule out relegation next :-)
  • Options
    no thanks to sodje and burton pair of f-----g idiots , but the lads did superb to get a point out of this game ,Llera took his goal well even though i had left beforehand , so well done to the lads today but 2 points out of 6 at home isnt to clever so lets hope we can go to brentford and win on monday.
  • Options
    Would have been interesting to see Lloyd Sam play today, would have really helped us on the break and judging by Waggys cameo, their fullback was there to be shot at.

However would it have been like having 8 men after 65mins when he would have got knackered
  • Options
    I think Parky left Waggy out of the starting X1 because he wanted as solid a midfield as possible in the absence of Dailly. Waggy is at his most effective using his pace against tiring defenders so in my book Parky got it right today.
  • Options
    Fabulous performance from those remaining. Can't believe people are having a go at Akpo, he was massive for us today.
    Someone asked whether Sam Sodje's bad timing was due to his head injury. I wouldn't be surprised, he was staggering when he went off for treatment, I thought he looked concussed at the time and was surprised when he came back. It wasn't just a question of timing though, his whole judgement was wrong. What was he doing that far up the pitch and why was he tackling there in the first place?

I think that the two most pleasing things were the 100% effort that everyone made and the fact that Parky turned thinks around by getting some attacking pace on the pitch to try and get a result. Credit to the management for those things. Bailey and Shelvey surely deserve a special mention they were absolutely awwsome.