Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    Seems as if South Eastern are back to normal whilst First Capital connect are severely worse off than last week. How does that work?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Absolute bollocks really.

"The decision to run the revised timetable on several days over the past week has been the right one. "

Right for who? Not the tens of thousands of people unable to get into work, or those forced to stand on freezing cold platforms with little or no information, or those "lucky " enough to force themselves onto a train and endure conditions that would be illegal for the transportation of livestock.

F*ckers.
    Right for the people that made more money out of not bothering to run the service they were contracted to Wednesday - Friday, but managed to run it on the (far icier) Saturday. If they'd attempted to run the service that you pay for - either directly or tax payers, but not managed, you'd say fair enough, the conditions were bad. But,it's all about picking your pocket. That's why you can run short trains and not long ones. That's why you can run 2 an hour and not 6, that's why they work on Saturday but not Friday and that's why (outdoor) tubes work but not privatised trains. If we accept the explanations, we're idiots. If we don't kick up a stink and get a (severely under pressure government in an election year) to take sanctions against them, we're idiots.
  • Options
    At least whenever I need any train info, I know the site to come to.
  • Options
    No trains stopping at Sidcup. Starting at Hither Green!!

So, not really a normal service then.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]No trains stopping at Sidcup. Starting at Hither Green!!

Got to Sidcup this morning, 8.07 was delayed and the 8.11 was cancelled. The 8.07 runs fast from New Eltham to London bridge so anyone further up the line than New eltham had no trains for over half an hour. Not exactly the best service is it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]The 0540 arrived at Eltham Station this morning at 0541! Hopefully back to normal now.
    Mother fuckers, oh we'll make them pay for that, mark my words.

My train was this morning, unlike the Jubilee and Northern line!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]No trains stopping at Sidcup. Starting at Hither Green!!

Got to Sidcup this morning, 8.07 was delayed and the 8.11 was cancelled. The 8.07 runs fast from New Eltham to London bridge so anyone further up the line than New eltham had no trains for over half an hour. Not exactly the best service is it.

Have you taken up the No payment tactic yet Chris?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I wish. Unfortunately i've got a yearly season ticket so the useless f*ckers already have my money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I wish. Unfortunately i've got a yearly season ticket so the useless f*ckers already have my money.

Now they have introduced the pay as you go system on trains im thinking it could be easier to get away with not paying. Simply put £5 or £10 on the oyster, still sneak through but if caught then you can just say you thought you swiped the oyster. They can then just take the money from the oyster...and not fine you £20!
    Im sure i'll find out soon enough.
  • Options
    Everything that happened over the last few days, particularly the fact that they managed to run rains on Saturday and running short trains points to everything that I said being (sadly) true. More about money than snow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got to lee station this am to see the slope up to the platform like an ice rink an dlots of people walking in the wrong direction so i decided not to risk trying to get up there and to go straight to the bus stop for a bus to lewisham. got to lewisham where 4 burly yellow south eastern men were standing by the new ticket barriers got through and there was a cannon st train coming in 4 minutes, stood on platform and the train pulled in - first 2 carriages were empty and out of use, luckily i was stood by the next set of doors and got on because the people behind me pushed me on - but as i cricked my neck on saturday night i can't say it was the most comfortable journey. the driver then said he was going fast to london bridge.
    only took me an extra 1/2 hour on top of my usual journey but certainly not 'back to normal'

i just wish someone would answer the question as to why they can put trains on to go up the line but they are only 4 carriages long. there is no reason for it, if they can run a train, they can surely run a long train. I understand if there is a problem with that, but why don't they come out and explain the reason why. they came out and said the ice gets in the engine and melts and shorts the electrics and that makes sense and I accept that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i just wish someone would answer the question as to why they can put trains on to go up the line but they are only 4 carriages long. there is no reason for it, if they can run a train, they can surely run a long train. I understand if there is a problem with that, but why don't they come out and explain the reason why. they came out and said the ice gets in the engine and melts and shorts the electrics and that makes sense and I accept that.

Someone at my work posed this question to SE staff member today and their response was that alot of the carriages have been put out of service due to the weather. Sounds like porkies to me.
  • Options
    The "damaged rolling stock" excuse was posted on the SE website last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    i just wish someone would answer the question as to why they can put trains on to go up the line but they are only 4 carriages long. there is no reason for it, if they can run a train, they can surely run a long train. I understand if there is a problem with that, but why don't they come out and explain the reason why. they came out and said the ice gets in the engine and melts and shorts the electrics and that makes sense and I accept that.

They started running short trains before any snow actually fell though, so the damaged rolling stock story holds as much water as the "we can't run trains on a snowy Friday but we can on a snowy Saturday" tale. My post earlier on theorised (based on something I was told by a bloke that worked on rail privatisation, that the train companies shell out a tariff to network rail based on the number of carraiges in service and at peak hours etc. Everything that's happened in the last few days points to this being true. So in short the answer is to make more money.

Running empty carraiges, like on the train you described, is just insanity. It's like they want to make life a misery for their customers.
  • Options
    Have to agree the last week has been a dificult tme made worse by the train operators
    On the train right now crammed in and it is gone 19.00hrUNderstand TFL are imbestigating this ,they need to
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

They started running short trains before any snow actually fell though, so the damaged rolling stock story holds as much water as the "we can't run trains on a snowy Friday but we can on a snowy Saturday" tale. My post earlier on theorised (based on something I was told by a bloke that worked on rail privatisation, that the train companies shell out a tariff to network rail based on the number of carraiges in service and at peak hours etc. Everything that's happened in the last few days points to this being true. So in short the answer is to make more money.

Running empty carraiges, like on the train you described, is just insanity. It's like they want to make life a misery for their customers.

Got the 1735 from Waterloo East to New Etham tonight and it was 10 carriages long!
  • Options
    Get yourselves in here and put your name on this
    Petition to get Southeastern to refund some of the public cash handout that they got

Also complain to them, Boris the fantastically named Lord Adonis, your MP. Send them all the same email, it won't take long, but if enough people contact our elected representatives about it, it'll make the top dog at Southeastern's life as difficult as he's made yours over the last few days
  • Options
    8 Pages on trains in the last week.

You wonder why.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]8 Pages on trains in the last week.

You wonder why.....

you wouldnt need to wonder why if you had experienced what we did last week.

i have a sign im going to stick up underneath the new timetable sign just as you walk into cannon street. wonder how long it will last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take a pic on your phone as soon as you do it & post it up here.
  • Options
    0610 arrived on time at Eltham this morning and got to London Bridge a minute earlier than advertised.
    Quite amazing how this happened seeing as the conditions were no different from last Wednesday, in fact worse today as it was snowing this morning.
  • Options
    Got a train into Waterloo East this morning, and the snow is coming down thick. Here's awaiting South Eastern to go back to their reduced Sunday Service later today.
  • Options
    Anyone know how the Welling line is doing?
  • Options
    All the trains are just stupidly snow and the SE website has changed to this:

Snow and icy weather may be affecting services today. We’re aiming to run as full a service as possible.

Please allow additional time for your journey.

Remeber to claim for your refunds for today, normal timetable so you can complain and get compensation I think
  • Options
    Most SW trains from Waterloo have been cancelled. Not that affects you lot though!
  • Options
    0643 from new eltham was late and crawled all the way into london bridge,just awaiting the fun and games on the way home.
  • Options
    On packed bus to lewisham. Didn't bother with trains.
  • Options
    On way to Bromley traffic is bad. Roads not gritted properly