Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]What road are you looking at?

Presumably the one with the station, Harverster and offy
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Falconwood is the best place to live in the area, all it lacks is 4 bedroom places to be honest.

Welling is now Bermondsey on Sea and full of ex-Sidcup chavs who cant afford Blackfen, let alone Sidcup anymore.

My place a traditional 3 bed with garage space down the side is a bit narrow, but the garden is huge and there is space for a 4 bed conversion. Chalet bungalows in my street have even bigger gardens 120ft by about 40 and can be converted to 4 beds. Lots of builders live in the area which is handy too..

Not forgetting there is a new Morrisons just opened up in Welling high street, very handy and no trips to deepest darkest Sidcup now required..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

and the Green, do listen dear boy

and no I don't mean the bits of greenery by the station..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

lol.
  • Options
    we have another offy (by the green) and a curry house, barber, cafe, chemist, coop, and numerous others, we just don't like strangers knowing where they are..
  • Options
    glorious sunny day out there

hasn't actually snowed much for the last 3 days either so does anyone else think the train companies are taking the p*ss running these limited services

what's their justification for it?

can't be snow on the lines

ice on the lines?
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of something to say about Sidcup... says it all though eh

:D
  • Options
    cos they're a bunch of conmen. Im hoping enough people complain that they do something about it.

Apprently their customer services complains number has been removed already!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]we have another offy (by the green) and a curry house, barber, cafe, chemist, coop, and numerous others, we just don't like strangers knowing where they are..

''This is a local shop for local people....''
    league-of-gentlemen.jpg
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]What road are you looking at?[/quote]

Presumably the one with the station, Harverster and offy[/quote][/quote]

Ive changed my mind its a carzy and full of chavs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its not a carzy (khasi)...
  • Options
    As long as it keeps the riff raff out,
    you say khasi,
    I say carzy. . . .
  • Options
    have to say I haven't seen many Falcons tho, can we rename it Magpie Wood? I hear rumour of a model railway somewhere near the Electrical substation too..
  • Options
    Oiiiiiiiiiiii Chirpy shtummmmmmmmmmmmm fella the 161 ploy to the O2 is a secret. Dont want refugeees from all parts South knowing it !!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The only 'funny' thing about the trains this week was the remarks about Falconwood/Sidcup..... Great stuff guys..........

The curry house is excellent by the way..... Us Bexley villagers often eat there..... at least you meet some locals..
  • Options
    "Do you know the Hornby "00" model railway?

Yes

Well have you got an R186 signal box?

Yes, I've got one there."

That's this thread that is.
  • Options
    Same story today. Left at 5.45 but didn't risk the Sidcup line. Got the 321 to Lewisham. In Hammersmith by 7.45.
  • Options
    drove in today, North Heath to Bishopsgate was 35 mins door to door.
  • Options
    South Eastern state that are running a normal saturday and sunday service this weekend. So a better service than they were offering during the week, and time monday comes they will probably go back to the Reduced sunday service that have been offering for the past 3 days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]South Eastern state that are running a normal saturday and sunday service this weekend. So a better service than they were offering during the week, and time monday comes they will probably go back to the Reduced sunday service that have been offering for the past 3 days.[/quote]

That's just shocking!

However, I'm not shocked!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely disgusting. I notice "A normal service is expected to run on all routes. Some trains will be formed with fewer carriages than normal".

So, they managed to run a proper service on the Saturday and Sunday, but aren't bothering on the Monday, in order to trouser more cash. If these thieving scum get away with it, it'll be an absolute disgrace.
  • Options
    hy snow and ice cause a problem for train services

In this part of the UK train services are vulnerable to snow and icy weather conditions

This is because we use the 'third' conductor rail system. Our electrical trains draw power from a third rail running alongside the track.

When the rails are covered with a layer of ice - the ice can act as an insulator making it difficult for the trains to draw power and move.

We - working with Network Rail - do what we can to stop the ice forming in the first place. By runing de-icer trains and 'ghost' trains (empty trains) through the night to try to keep the ice from forming.

But, despite our best efforts, ice will form in freezing temperatures and trains become 'stuck' and 'fail'.

To help ensure we're able to run the best service possible in icy weather conditions we will put in place a revised timetable - which means that it's easier for us to 'recover' trains if they run into difficulties. We do this so that passengers aren't stuck on failed trains for long periods of time while we try to get the services moving again.

The decision to run the revised timetable on several days over the past week has been the right one. As when trains have run into difficulties we've been able to make sure that passengers have been assisted quicker than would have been the case if the full timetable was in operation.

We're guided by Network Rail, the company that's responsible for the railway infrastructure in the UK, about the service we're able to operate for passengers locally. They use detailed weather predictions to assist and guide them when making decisions about the service.
  • Options
    Absolute bollocks really.

"The decision to run the revised timetable on several days over the past week has been the right one. "

Right for who? Not the tens of thousands of people unable to get into work, or those forced to stand on freezing cold platforms with little or no information, or those "lucky " enough to force themselves onto a train and endure conditions that would be illegal for the transportation of livestock.

F*ckers.
  • Options
    So true Off_it.
  • Options
    The 0540 arrived at Eltham Station this morning at 0541! Hopefully back to normal now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]drove in today, North Heath to Bishopsgate was 35 mins door to door.

a) Where did you park?

b) Why didn't you pick me up?

c) How long did it take to get home?
  • Options
    Yup back to normal today
  • Options
    Absolutley everything cancelled from Shortlands to Blackfriars today according to National Rail website! This is getting ridiculous. Starting to get bored of it now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Yup back to normal today

Same here (though they did cancel an earlier train due to a "fault"). Caught the 5.57 from Sidcup and in Hammersmith by 7.15.