Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

Comments

• Options
    Sidcup Line has gone tits up. I went from Bexleyheath and arrived on time.....guess im one of the lucky ones!
  • Options
    London bridge f**ked. Tube, trains, everything. Roads a nightmare. Hope I can get home from the theatre tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Remeber to claim for your refunds for today, normal timetable so you can complain and get compensation I think

You can only claim a refund if you have a daily or weekly ticket and have been delayed by at least 30 mins. Monthly and Yearly ticket holders just have to hope they get a 5% discount when they renew (unlikely). I get a weekly ticket as I'm paid weekly but I won't be able to claim as I was 'only' 25 mins late.
  • Options
    Waited 45 minutes at Sidcup and gave up. Basically there was a failed train coming down the line at hither green so you can't go down to dartford.
    And there's a failed train at Bexley so nothing coming up to london.

Getting home tonight will be an absolute nightmare.........and that's if you can actually get home.
  • Options
    well my train arrived two mins late at 8.24. bloody marvelous. Bit slow outside london bridge and eventually 20 mins late but still im in!
  • Options
    train broken down at albany park now along with the other that had already broken down so that line is well and truly buggered.
  • Options
    I've given up on the Blackfriars line. Been back and forth to station twice and still nothing. Apparently a broken down train at Ravensbourne as well so nothings going anywhere. Also everything cancelled coming the other way from Blackfriars. So another day off! Which would be great if it weren't for the fact that if I don't work I don't get paid.
  • Options
    Ended up on High Speed from Stratford this morning.

Some chronic problems at Charing Cross, 2 hour delays from Tonbridge being reported
  • Options
    attempted the journey but quickly gave up....surely in this day and age anyone working in the city can work from home if necessary?, why waste the time getting in late and then leaving early and spending hours waiting for delayed / late trains.

I'll work longer hours indoors..................and it's much warmer..:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]attempted the journey but quickly gave up....surely in this day and age anyone working in the city can work from home if necessary?, why waste the time getting in late and then leaving early and spending hours waiting for delayed / late trains.

I dont have access to our systems from home. If i dont get in, i fall behind on a days work!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]attempted the journey but quickly gave up....surely in this day and age anyone working in the city can work from home if necessary?, why waste the time getting in late and then leaving early and spending hours waiting for delayed / late trains.

I dont have access to our systems from home. If i dont get in, i fall behind on a days work!

really, not even via a secure website?, that's how I access our system?. Just seems strange to me that with the technology now available that this can't happen (not that I really know anything about IT to be honest!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

really, not even via a secure website?, that's how I access our system?. Just seems strange to me that with the technology now available that this can't happen (not that I really know anything about IT to be honest!!)

I think they can, but only for senior staff. My work are proper tight arseholes.
  • Options
    No dramas on the coach. Left on time, arrived on time... Roads and pavements between Aldgate and Spitalfields clearly hadnt been gritted...
  • Options
    I just called SE. Recorded message, basically saying all lines are f*****d. Broken down trains all over the shop. Trains now being cancelled out of Charing cross (well Bexleyheath ones). Thinking of leaving at Lunch.
  • Options
    I've made it in to Nottingham with no dramas today, shame on some of you! ;-)
  • Options
    Train in front of me at Hayes broke down, so by the time they reversed it in and we left it took over an hour and half to do the usual 40 minute journey .... sigh

And tonight, it looks like SE and Charing Cross will be in meltdown ...
  • Options
    Morning all :-) Got the 07:34 from Barnehurst to Cannon St service this morning after walking through a blizzard in Martens Avenue Park without too many problems. However, our very pleasant and polite driver announced to the train over the tannoy that we'd passed 4 trains which had died in service and said he couldnt believe how lucky we were to come through the journey unscathed. He also advised us to call in any outstanding favours from our bosses as he said the disruption would continue through the day and you'd be better off leaving for home earlier than normal.
  • Options

Not me! Only temping so no access to systems that permanent staff have, also only get paid for the hours I'm in the office, so late start/early finish means less money.
  • Options
    Took me three and a half hours today. Strood to London Bridge on the sidcup line! :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Took me three and a half hours today. Strood to London Bridge on the sidcup line! :-(
    3hrs 30m New Eltham - Wimbledon
    If only they'd been honest & told us the trains were fooked I could've got the bus an hour earlier!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to Sidcup at 7:50 this morning and swiped my pre-paid Oyster card (had £6.70 on it).

No trains, so on leaving the station I was going to swipe out but thought I'd check with the staff if this was the right thing to do?

They told me (after checking my Oyster card), that it had been deducted £6. I assume for the privilege of standing on their platform in the snow for 1 hour? They told me if I'd swiped out within 2 minutes of swiping in it wouldn't have been deducted. As it is, I have wait 24 hours and then call a number to get a refund.

Having only 70p left and now considering a bus I topped up my Oyster with £20 (now having £20.70 on it). Having a change of heart I went and grabbed a coffe for an hour, then made my way back round to Sidcup to hopefully get a train. As I'd swiped in 2 hours earlier I didn't bother swiping in.

I got a train no probs but exiting at London Bridge it deducted another £4.30 off my card.

Grand total for my 2.5 hours of shitty commuting from Sidcup to London Bridge = £10.30.

Was then told that the Oyster system wont recognise a delay of XX between you swiping in and out as the system expects you to complete a journey in a certain time-frame.

The system and the bosses of South Eastern truly are a bunch of c**ts.

P.s Sorry for epic War & Peace length of post.
  • Options
    Give Oyster a call tomorrow - there are surely procedures in place to deal with extended journeys like this.
  • Options
    That's RIDICULOUS P_Air !

I'm now heading home to work from home for the rest of the day - Charing Cross to Hayes - WISH ME LUCK!
  • Options
    Out of interest if you hadn't bothered to swipe in at Sidcup but then swiped it Charing cross, what does it charge you?
  • Options
    I wondered that. Im presuming it would be a Zone 6 to 1 fare. I know if you dont swipe on the tube it charges you the maximum journey price.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Out of interest if you hadn't bothered to swipe in at Sidcup but then swiped it Charing cross, what does it charge you?
    I'd guess at £4.30 for an off-peak single.
  • Options
    I've claimed money back from Oyster when my card's been overcharged in the past - they were surprisingly efficient, unlike the incompetent, subhuman ameobas in charge of South Eastern Trains.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Out of interest if you hadn't bothered to swipe in at Sidcup but then swiped it Charing cross, what does it charge you?
    I'd guess at £4.30 for an off-peak single.

Assuming their system knew where he'd travelled from.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    The system and the bosses of South Eastern truly are a bunch of c**ts.

Well said!

One thing, I would suggest is setting up an auto top up on your oyster, which works well.
  • Options
    Thats why i think it will charge the maximum. Zone 1-6.