Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Trains

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Trains from Charing Cross running now but all subject to delays. I got the 2.47 which left at 3.12 and we're rattling through New Beckenham now
  • Options
    I have a 1-3 travel card, but i had to go to my bosses house in north london but the station was shut so had to go to the one further away which was zone 4 so got stung for it, so then whenever i went anywhere it beeped at me as i didn't realise i owed them money. I went to the window and explained what had happened and they knew that there were problems at that station. he said that he would credit me back that amount but there was an outstanding fee payable as i hadn't swiped out somewhere else in july. he said as it was so long ago he wouldn't ask me to pay. i told him exactly when that was - Oasis at wembley as they opened the gates and everyone pushed through.

how many people will that happen to at concerts and events when they open up the gates to 'speed things up' and they'll be giving refunds left right and centre. anyway, he put me back so i was up to date and I was on my way, but got me thinking of the nightmare that awaits us!
  • Options
    Upgrades still applying on High Speed tonight, just in case anyone is considering using it.,
  • Options
    Thanks BDL, would have done that if there was any info on their website telling me of problems at charing cross, but as per usual they don't advertise problems, like comical Ali their website insists that apart from a few minor delays we should not be concerned, until you arrive at charing cross to find the station closed. Useless bunch of carnts the lot of em. I would imagine they have some wheeze to show their services are running at 95% of the targets to avoid paying out. Now on a charing cross train and have to change at tonbridge and hope there is a train to take me further within a few days.
  • Options
    I no longer go by SE website. Always type 'Charing Cross departures' in google and it shows the live departure boards, which are updated every minute.
  • Options
    Steve - Westenhanger is shut tonight, trains not stopping there or Sandling.

Only joking......
  • Options
    3 hours plus to get to work from Bexley, abandoned train at Albany park after a hour, driven to Falconwood white city 11.15. is this a record.....

I can almost accept the delays, but the non announcements and misinformation is the thing that gets to you. roll on April......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I no longer go by SE website. Always type 'Charing Cross departures' in google and it shows the live departure boards, which are updated every minute.

You say that but i checked this morning when i got up and it said the trains were fine apart from the 7.51 being cancelled. Got in and out of the shower, trains still fine, leave for station and upon arrival (it's a 7 minute walk) i find failed trains and nothing running whatsoever.
  • Options
    the southeastern trains twitter update told us at 9am that southern trains were having difficulties.

9am is a bit late.
  • Options
    Thanks jt, but drove to Ashford this morning to get the high speed as had an interview at kings cross first thing this morning, so your amusing jape was a good attempt but no prize awarded. If I could find a local job that paid decent money I would.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now on a train from tonbridge to Ashford, 4 carriages instead of normal 12, are this company allowed to take the piss as part of their contract as they seem to be doing this, who let them have such loose contracts and why?
  • Options
    AT least its been pointed out

lets hope something gets done... my little message at cannon streedt didnt last long. was gone by this morning.
  • Options
    Don't seem to be able to load this on my blackberry, can you give us a quick summary please b.
  • Options
    Boris apparently moaned at Lord Adonis about how crap SE Trains have been, but didn't say anything in public??
  • Options
    Very briefly ... Boris wrote to Lord Adonis (transport man) last week and said the service Southeastern were putting on was unnacceptable considering all other rail service providers were functioning and asked him to get them to sort it out more or less.

The good lord has replied and has promised to be watching them closely.

Im running for a train now so cant go into any more detail.
  • Options
    Got to Victoria at 4pm today. Every single train was either cancelled or delayed with no time showing. Absolutely shocking. Am very lucky I could get a tube and then a bus to Herne Hill, feel for anyone having to travel back any sort of distance.

Absolute joke.
  • Options
    This morning after much grief managed to get on a train at Blackheath. The driver said as it neared canon St "sorry for the hassel this morning,but if you have a good boss start planning your journey home now. 3 trains have failed and are blocking lines and two sets of points are causing problems" ---- sick to death of this shit. Even before you get to work its a battle plan to get home.

Went to North Greenwich and got a bus .

South Eastern --------------- Connex by another name------------ total shit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

South Eastern
    Connex by another name
    total shit.
    hammare.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tried at Sidcup from 8 and no trains effectively then got on two buses to Jubilee at North Greenwich only took 2 and half hours ish to London Bridge, this evening though was easy no one at London Bridge really at 5 on the way home.
  • Options
    Were the trains ok today what with the rain and everything :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they had only 2 carriages each and were running a reduced timetable as all the staff were busy counting their bonuses and the Directors were busy looking at their shares increase in value due to their recent cost cutting measures.
  • Options
    Southeastern ‏@Se_Railway
    bdge strke trains through London Bdg & New X subject to 10 mins delay #southeastern http://bit.ly/REoxrx
    Retweeted by Deptford Dame