Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just started snowing in Bromley.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Started snowing in Bromley again at 15.00.

Still snowing 16.00
  • Options
    Virtually stopped 17.00
  • Options
    Not even started 17:15
  • Options
    Was pooring down for a half an hour or so but has not stopped, may venture outside. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    We had a blizzard down here for 5-6 hours it has stopped now but the wind is whipping up the fresh snow everywhere. Looks set to continue later ...
    Hold on I think I'm turning into Michael Fish here...
  • Options
    'King hell it's started up again chucking it down.
    What's the snow like in Bexleyheath anyone has any of this reached your way?
  • Options
    where do u live 3blokes?
  • Options
    Near a village called Boughton Monchelsea just outside Maidstone.
  • Options
    Nothing in New Eltham as of yet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Near a village called Boughton Monchelsea just outside Maidstone.

How can you live in a place with Chelsea in it's name .... ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have heard you had it bad the last couple of days 3blokes.. It was snowing in Bromley and i was hoping it would be hard enough for us to go home sadly it wasnt... according to bbc we can get anything like fron 5cm to 15 cm ?? i dont think they have a clue where it hits or what amounts.. they are just guessing
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Near a village called Boughton Monchelsea just outside Maidstone.[/quote]

How can you live in a place with Chelsea in it's name .... ?[/quote]

Bought on Mon(my) Chelsea - explains it all in itself(!) Hows Abramovitch, the neighbour, huh? ;-)
  • Options
    Blimey.. they are expecting approx 20cm in Kent.. Also army police are on standby just in case
  • Options
    Ha ha Roman sends you his greetings but he is still not getting back any of the balls he's kicked over our fence ;-)
    especially as they are often still attached to their owners ;-)
    Anyway today was the longest bout of snowfall I can ever remember seeing. We must have had getting on for about a foot of it and the wind is making it drift.
    Dunno if we will get more but that's what they were saying earlier.
  • Options
    Pissed in albany park - 20.30
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Pissed in albany park - 20.30

What, you did or you are ? ; )
  • Options
    Both probably.
  • Options
    Rudders where did you hear that army and police are on standby?
    Roads were generally passable down here earlier if a little lively in places. Depends on your car and how you drive too. A neighbour got stuck because she was giving the accelerator the old lead foot treatment, she went 10 metres got stuck in violent wheel spin and then ended up reversing meekly straight back on her drive and safety!
  • Options
    sorry military.. on bbc news in the last hour.. they have got access to 138 4x4hrs.... (it it was on BBC news tickers as well). just watching the news now on BBC 3 wath it now
  • Options
    im missinbg out on the snow here in eltham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ta will do ;-)
  • Options
    its on the sky news ticker as well

All it is at the moment is that between fire police and milatary... and kenn county council they are orgainsed in getting food to the eldertly and ready to mobilise fire equipment to the right stations etc when and where needed etc
  • Options
    Had about 10 mins earlier but that's it

freezing cold but no more snow - about 3 inches on the ground in Braintree

I actually want lots more
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited January 2010
    [/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Near a village called Boughton Monchelsea just outside Maidstone.
    My sister lives there, Church Street I think, right next to the post office, nice little place, hammered with snow apprently.
  • Options
    CHG yes I know where you mean and "hammered" is a good description of today :-)
  • Options
    my kids want to know why living in orpington we never get anywhere near the amount of snow everywhere else gets.
    Why the feck does Maidstone get sooooooooo much and we get feck all but bloody ice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    Why the feck does Maidstone get sooooooooo much and we get feck all but bloody ice.

Because their sister is their mother...........
  • Options
    Lol you ave been down the pub havent u you naughty boy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Lol you ave been down the pub havent u you naughty boy.

Not at all. Don't drink. Just think its time our club distanced itself from these kent pikies.........
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Lol you ave been down the pub havent u you naughty boy.

Not at all. Don't drink. Just think its time our club distanced itself from these kent pikies.........

from Mr x xxxx Sidcup KENT