Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• Beau is afraid - Joaquin Phoenix new film.

The weirdest pile of shit I’ve ever seen. Didn’t get it at all.
  • Watched Mother with Jennifer Lopez whilst traveling back from French France.
    Really enjoyed it.
    And a bit of Kate Bush at the end is never a bad thing 😊
  • Watched Mother with Jennifer Lopez whilst traveling back from French France.
    Really enjoyed it.
    And a bit of Kate Bush at the end is never a bad thing 😊
    watched this with the wife, i enjoyed it too - it's got terrible reviews though, not sure why.
  • Finally caught the recent Guardians of the Galaxy 3 film. I liked it a lot - it wasn't quite as funny as the previous two, and some of the Rocket backstory were downright painful, but I thought it was a great film. Sadly it would appear that the current Guardians team is being disbanded and any new films will feature new characters. Shame, but they wre a great trilogy.
  • edited June 2023
    Not a new film. But...
    ...I watched both Inception and The Prestige after reading rave write ups for both on here (my younger daughter tells me her favourite film ever is Inception). But I keep seeing that Chridtopher Nolan made an even better film called Memento. Anyone seen it, and is it as good as the rumours say it is?
  • Not a new film. But...
    ...I watched both Inception and The Prestige after reading rave write ups for both on here (my younger daughter tells me her favourite film ever is Inception). But I keep seeing that Chridtopher Nolan made an even better film called Memento. Anyone seen it, and is it as good as the rumours say it is?
    Memento is really good mate.
  • Not a new film. But...
    Memento is really good mate.
    It is. But concentrate, it messes with your head.
  • Like most Nolan films, Memento is better the second time you watch it 
  • Knights of the Zodiac - When Anime/Manga transfers averagely to the big screen. It tries. My life it tries.

Seems to be attempting to try to set up a franchise. Will need to do more to get people on board. 5/10
    Seconded. Not sure it will suffer a bit if you have seen his subsequent, more polished films, first
  • Sponsored links:

I remember the DVD having an added extra where you could watch it in order.
    I liked memento a lot. But Interstellar on a re-watch is terrible - very bloated film with pointless characters that contribute little.
    I liked memento a lot. But Interstellar on a re-watch is terrible - very bloated film with pointless characters that contribute little.
    I've watched all of Nolan's feature length films over the years and Interstellar is one of the only two that I didn't understand what was happening especially towards the end and didn't bother figuring it out either - the other one is Tenet.
  • Jessie said:
    Like most Nolan films, Memento is better the second time you watch it 
    I've watched all of Nolan's feature length films over the years and Interstellar is one of the only two that I didn't understand what was happening especially towards the end and didn't bother figuring it out either - the other one is Tenet.
    tenet is awful, only film i've ever seriously thought about leaving 30 minutes into the film. 
  • Finally caught the recent Guardians of the Galaxy 3 film. I liked it a lot - it wasn't quite as funny as the previous two, and some of the Rocket backstory were downright painful, but I thought it was a great film. Sadly it would appear that the current Guardians team is being disbanded and any new films will feature new characters. Shame, but they wre a great trilogy.
    STARLORD WILL RETURN 

At the end, suggests maybe they will need Peter to come back. 
  • Jessie said:
    Like most Nolan films, Memento is better the second time you watch it 
    tenet is awful, only film i've ever seriously thought about leaving 30 minutes into the film. 
    That's Nolan's worst in my opinion. I'm glad that his new film is not sci-fi anymore.
  • Saw Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, probably the third best TF film after the 1986 animated film and the first Bayverse movie. 
  • edited June 2023
    If you like football then the Peter Crouch film on Prime is worth a watch.
  • Interstellar is a flawed film but I could watch it on repeat. Some of the sequences in that film are utterly stupendous. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    If you're looking for a newly released film on Netflix for the weekend, let me help you. 

FFS Don't go near Run, Rabbit, Run !!!!!

Avoid like the plague...or maybe that should be myksomatosis !
  • If you're looking for a newly released film on Netflix for the weekend, let me help you. 

I looked it up on IMDB and saw that it stars my new favourite actress Sarah Snook who is absolutely brilliant in Succession. Well, guess I'll just give it a miss.🤣
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Interstellar is a flawed film but I could watch it on repeat. Some of the sequences in that film are utterly stupendous. 
    I think the soundtrack is amazing and part of the reason why some sequences are so wonderful. I often play a few tracks of it.
  • Don't worry darling - Sky/ Firestick - Psyhco thriller
    It started promising, but became a bit predictable and drawn out. Personally felt it was too long and tailed away at the end, lots of good actors and still worth a watch but could have been better if it was cut down a bit. 
    6/10
  • Loved the new Indiana Jones. Brilliantly cast and clever writing to make Phoebe Waller Bridge almost the action star, while embracing that Ford/Jones is an old man.
    Loads of nods to the first three films too.
    9/10
  • edited June 2023
    Limbo
    Watched this on channel 4 streaming. Film about a group of asylum seekers who've been located to a small, bleak scottish island. It's a slow-paced film, in part to reflect the experience of the refugees while they await the outcome of their applications. There are some very funny moments, especially in the cultural awareness classes, but it isn't really a comedy.  It focuses on a small group of single men, a syrian musician, an Afghan freddie mercury fan and two africans, one of whom dreams of playing for Chelsea.
    It's bleakly atmospheric and you come to care about these people while their time ticks slowly away. Not for everyone but I really enjoyed it.

• IdleHans said:
    Limbo
    Watched this on channel 4 streaming. Film about a group of asylum seekers who've been located to a small, bleak scottish island. It's a slow-paced film, in part to reflect the experience of the refugees while they await the outcome of their applications. There are some very funny moments, especially in the cultural awareness classes, but it isn't really a comedy.  It focuses on a small group of single men, a syrian musician, an Afghan freddie mercury fan and two africans, one of whom dreams of playing for Chelsea.
    It's bleakly atmospheric and you come to care about these people while their time ticks slowly away. Not for everyone but I really enjoyed it.

Agree!
    I loved the cinematography 🤩
  • Valley11 said:
    Loved the new Indiana Jones. Brilliantly cast and clever writing to make Phoebe Waller Bridge almost the action star, while embracing that Ford/Jones is an old man.
    Loads of nods to the first three films too.
    9/10
    Agreed.
    the little nods throughout to the previous films are lovely. 
  • Jessie said:
    If you're looking for a newly released film on Netflix for the weekend, let me help you. 

I looked it up on IMDB and saw that it stars my new favourite actress Sarah Snook who is absolutely brilliant in Succession. Well, guess I'll just give it a miss.🤣
    Interested to see if Snook Hmm she… yeah. Ok. Can’t seem to finish. Yeah. Pause. Whisper. Talkreallyfastwithnobreaksbut… still can’t. Finish. A sent… uh yeah. Hmm. In all performances massive upward inflection? Croaky running out of breath? Yeah. 
  • From October to December there is a big Powell and Pressburger season at the BFI showing all there films and the chance to see papers and works from projects that they never finished. 

https://www.bfi.org.uk/news/unveiled-cinema-unbound-creative-worlds-powell-pressburger