Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official - Palace In Administration

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the money they are using to buy and fund the club is leveraged and the loans are backed with the security of the freehold of the ground. If the conditions being imposed by Centrebank effectively reduce the value of the security maybe the consortium just cannot raise the money they need.

Maybe the truth is that there is just not enough money available to purchase and fund the club without handouts from the bank. If that is the case then the consortium eier need to raise more money of the cub has to be liquidated.

I do feel for the fans, but at the end of the day the previous owners of the club have run up huge debts and they have caught up with them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Sorry no idea how much they are offering, but my understanding is the same as yours, and that the fee is very generous to CPFC2010.

As I say, I just hope it's posturing, and they do a deal, unless there was a plan all along to move from Selhurst.
    Out of interest, Budgie, what's the general opinion of Palace fans about moving from Sellout? Personally, I would think it made a lot of sense - especially since you could probably get Croydon council to foot a lot of the bill for a purpose built stadium in some dump out towards New Addington whilst they used the land in Thornton Heath for housing/development.

I would say the opinion is pretty mixed, most wouldn't want to move to a stadium like Millwall's or the other soulless concrete pits, that most new grounds appear to be. Also and this may be where PWC are coming from, is that if Croydon were to help fund a new ground (something which I think is very unlikely), then PWC would quite rightly expect to take a large proportion of the value of Selhurst. Also I believe that the club has looked in the past for possible sites, and the only ones vialble were in Gatwick, and if we were to move there, would lose our identity as a South London club.

So my personal opinion is to survive this mess, and get Selhurst back to a decent standard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'm also surprised at how Jordan has managed to push Noades out as the most detested person (by palace fans) at Selhurst.

We're not :o)
  • Options
    If palace are liquidated would we be promoted as we finished fourth?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]Maybe the money they are using to buy and fund the club is leveraged and the loans are backed with the security of the freehold of the ground. If the conditions being imposed by Centrebank effectively reduce the value of the security maybe the consortium just cannot raise the money they need.

Maybe the truth is that there is just not enough money available to purchase and fund the club without handouts from the bank. If that is the case then the consortium eier need to raise more money of the cub has to be liquidated.

I do feel for the fans, but at the end of the day the previous owners of the club have run up huge debts and they have caught up with them.

hopefully though this is where the trust can come in.

They are due to commence there loan note scheme soon, and if they and CPFC2010 can get something sorted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]If palace are liquidated would we be promoted as we finished fourth?

No.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]If palace are liquidated would we be promoted as we finished fourth?

No.

Correct and neither should we want to be.
  • Options
    couldnt care two hoots about them tbh, i did when it first come out i thought yep i hope they get a scare out of it but ultimately pull through.

after swindon and browseing their sites

i can honestly say i hope their club folds ceases to exist and all the stripey fools pish of over some cack 2 bit field in norwood somewhere.

Remember their money grabbing shite club and owner when we were struggling, remember their smug arsed fans who rubbed our noses in it whilst we were tennants there, remember their shitty little tinpot "firm" who beat up a young kid and his dad on a train and others who got caught up in it, remember their great idea of a flying a plane over the valley with whos laughing now.

some say there for the grace of god go we

i say

bollox if we go the same way see you on that shite piece of field in norwood when afc charlton arrive to play you infront of 3 men and his dog.

i hope the shitty club erodes from within and crumbles into a mess of bricks and rubble

but the stripey fools will still get out of it so dont offer them no pity they are a scummy club run by scummy people supported by divs and muppets
  • Options
    3 men and his dog ? NLA. Why do you suspect their crowds.will go up ?
  • Options
    they will all be charlton mate they wouldnt turn up

there aint exactly many of them at shithurst today is there

after the we need you to attend rallying call
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Sorry no idea how much they are offering, but my understanding is the same as yours, and that the fee is very generous to CPFC2010.

As I say, I just hope it's posturing, and they do a deal, unless there was a plan all along to move from Selhurst.
    Out of interest, Budgie, what's the general opinion of Palace fans about moving from Sellout? Personally, I would think it made a lot of sense - especially since you could probably get Croydon council to foot a lot of the bill for a purpose built stadium in some dump out towards New Addington whilst they used the land in Thornton Heath for housing/development.

I would say the opinion is pretty mixed, most wouldn't want to move to a stadium like Millwall's or the other soulless concrete pits, that most new grounds appear to be. Also and this may be where PWC are coming from, is that if Croydon were to help fund a new ground (something which I think is very unlikely), then PWC would quite rightly expect to take a large proportion of the value of Selhurst. Also I believe that the club has looked in the past for possible sites, and the only ones vialble were in Gatwick, and if we were to move there, would lose our identity as a South London club.

So my personal opinion is to survive this mess, and get Selhurst back to a decent standard.
    Surely at this stage shots at millwall are a bit pointless? You should be grateful for anything you can get soulless concrete pit or not.

Personally I think you should move back to Crystal Palace, perhaps play at the athletics ground.
  • Options
    shameful turnout,think it will all turn out alright though,well done to the poxy few that did turn out.
  • Options
    Football! Poxy game!! at this point I don't give a f@&K about Charlton, Brighton, Millwall, England, The world Cup,Premier League fat cats, Sky.........I only care about Palace........am off down the pub......If I dont come back it's because either I or Palace have been liquidated!!
  • Options
    SOS dont worry mate you wont be liquidated everyone playing hard ball and trying to get the best deal.It will be sorted FACT, i really dont see why everyone on here is creaming themselves,it wont come to liquidation FACT
  • Options
    my tomorrow you will be taken over and looking forward to championship football,not over till the fat lady sings.
  • Options
    According to sky sports news 100 fans broke in to the ground causing damage to the turnstiles. That was smart...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]According to sky sports news 100 fans broke in to the ground causing damage to the turnstiles. That was smart...

Seriously FOD ?
    Tools !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]According to sky sports news 100 fans broke in to the ground causing damage to the turnstiles. That was smart...

Are you sure they weren't small businessmen trying to get back a little bit more than 1p in the £?

If true that's stupidity beyond belief at this time more than ever.
  • Options

Some people ran on the pitch. They think it's all over..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]there aint exactly many of them at shithurst today is there
    And we can't even get a supporter's trust off the ground.
    NLA, perhaps you should consider that it's probably in our interest for Palace to survive. If they go out of business, that's going to put the wind up our creditors and make our financial position more precarious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let them fold, and the quicker the better

I clearly recall the stick and abuse I and other Charlton supporters received when we played them at Selhurst Park in the late 1980's.
    I have never forgotten it and never will GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDANCE!
  • Options
    Strange that the fans are now turning on Jordan. Thought he was meant to be their great Orange hope.
  • Options
    And we can't even get a supporter's trust off the ground.
    NLA, perhaps you should consider that it's probably in our interest for Palace to survive. If they go out of business, that's going to put the wind up our creditors and make our financial position more precarious.

nope shit poxy worthless tinpot scummy outfit who i would never ever ever waste my time wishing well

cant stand them the vermin ridden pish hole could fall into more rack and ruin.

[cite]Posted By: Billericay Dickie[/cite]Let them fold, and the quicker the better

I clearly recall the stick and abuse I and other Charlton supporters received when we played them at Selhurst Park in the late 1980's.
    I have never forgotten it and never will GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDANCE!

herehere well said hope their club dies
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've been out today filming a piece for my new internet TV channel. It's called "Die Nigels Die".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I've been out today filming something for my new internet TV channel. It's called "Die Nigels Die".

i will be in it can i burn shirthust down
  • Options
    so NLA, are you saying you don't like them ; - )

Agree with Ali, knock on for football generally will be bad.

We can slag off the numbers but they got in on SSN and the BBC. Tomorrow they will be outside Lloyds in the City so all you city addicks can go along and support them
  • Options
    I really hope they survive this.
    I remember when we were only 25 mins fron going under. Its not very pleasant.

If they go there could be a domino effect. We could be next
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Tomorrow they will be outside Lloyds in the City so all you city addicks can go along and support them[/quote

How does the Lloyds chant go Henry {winky thing}
  • Options
    No.2 in South London by default.