Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official - Palace In Administration

Comments

• Options
    Why would any football fan want another club to fold? Get relegated, get knocked out of the Cup by a Non-League side etc yes, but NOT go out of business. It will be a domino effect. Banks everywhere are heavily exposed to football clubs and if a big club go, and relatively speaking Palace are a big club, then rugs will be pulled as quick as Blondes are on a Friday night in Blackpool.
    Anyone who does not realise how close we would be to suffering from another club's demise is sadly deluded.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Why would any football fan want another club to fold? Get relegated, get knocked out of the Cup by a Non-League side etc yes, but NOT go out of business. It will be a domino effect. Banks everywhere are heavily exposed to football clubs and if a big club go, and relatively speaking Palace are a big club, then rugs will be pulled as quick as Blondes are on a Friday night in Blackpool.
    Anyone who does not realise how close we would be to suffering from another club's demise is sadly deluded.
    Whoops... :o)
  • Options
    I was being ironic! I thought you of all people would have realised!
  • Options
    There's a ship lies rigged and ready in the harbour...
    Tomorrow for old England she sails...
    Her hold is full of rubber from Bangkok....
    Just a minute I think I've heard this song before...

All together now...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I was being ironic! I thought you of all people would have realised!
    So was I :o)

Maybe there should be some sort of 'ironic' smiley. How about \:|
  • Options
    All this talk of "irony" reminds me - need to get a shirt ready for tomorrow.

Might wear a stripey one in special celebration.
  • Options
    Song for the day...

We're only making plans for Nigel
    We only want what's best for him
    Nigel just needs a helping hand

And if young Nigel says he's happy
    He must be happy, he must be happy,
    he must be happy in his world

He has his future in a fist of steel
    Nigel's whole future is as good as sealed

He must be happy in his world

Nigel is nice spoken and he loves to speak
    And he likes to be spoken to
    Nigel is happy in his world
    Nigel is happy in his world

Nigel just needs a helping hand

he must be happy in his world

We only want what's best for him...
  • Options
    dont be embarrased

my hatred for them has increased 100% since we lost to Swindon go on some of their message boards and read it most are wishing that the result puts us in peril and how much they will love it, scummy fans scummy team, your pity is deserved more elsewhere
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]dont be embarrased

my hatred for them has increased 100% since we lost to Swindon go on some of their message boards and read it most are wishing that the result puts us in peril and how much they will love it, scummy fans scummy team, your pity is deserved more elsewhere

I did see some of that and was surprised how little perspective some of them have. They are in Admin, bleating about how unfair it all is but wishing the same on another club they "don't care" about.

Strange that they can't see the connection. Bit like people on the Titanic laughing at the other passengers getting wet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]dont be embarrased

Only a small minority.

Just as a small minority on here wish to see them go under.

But for the grace of the postcode you were born in, you could well have been a Palace fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Bit like people on the Titanic laughing at the other passengers getting wet.

LOL.
  • Options
    Just had a nigel in work ask me for the morning off to go to a demo in the city.

He just loved asking his Charlton Boss.....
  • Options
    Don't want to gloat as we're not exactly sitting pretty right now, BUT if Palace do go out of business today, will the Valley Express start a service from Selhurst??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Don't want to gloat as we're not exactly sitting pretty right now, BUT if Palace do go out of business today, will the Valley Express start a service from Selhurst??

Was told its a 75 bus ride away........

(1 for the Elders there......)
  • Options
    This is all rather strange for me as I despise that club and their dumb fans. Yet I would still regret their passing and feel for the genuine nice people that work at/follow the club (even if it is only a few).
    They do seem to have a majority of nutters that see life in a blinkered way only able to accept the party line which means any chance of putting animosity, generated during the dark days, at our end aside is all but impossible.
    Yet even for all the anger seeing a red and blue stripe generates in me I hope they survive for the few decent people at the club (then get relegated without winning a game).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]This is all rather strange for me as I despise that club and their dumb fans. Yet I would still regret their passing and feel for the genuine nice people that work at/follow the club (even if it is only a few).
    They do seem to have a majority of nutters that see life in a blinkered way only able to accept the party line which means any chance of putting animosity, generated during the dark days, at our end aside is all but impossible.
    Yet even for all the anger seeing a red and blue stripe generates in me I hope they survive for the few decent people at the club (then get relegated without winning a game).

Agree with this apart from the bit about "genuine nice people"

I wish all things bad on them, but not liquidation.
    I'd sorely miss the passion, anger and trepidation I feel whenever we play them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]dont be embarrased

Only a small minority.

Just as a small minority on here wish to see them go under.

But for the grace of the postcode you were born in, you could well have been a Palace fan.

never i would never ever ever ever ever have worn a kit with red and blue stripes it makes you look like a complete tool
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Don't want to gloat as we're not exactly sitting pretty right now, BUT if Palace do go out of business today, will the Valley Express start a service from Selhurst??

That should of come with a warning. V.funny! ;-p
  • Options
    If someone's got to go in order to ensure the long term survival of the game then well done Nigel for taking one for the team.

Talk about how things in the past have always worked out will be ended within a year and clubs will not chase the dream by risking their future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im in the office in Cannon st this morning, just heard "glad its all over" being sung loudly by what sounded like quite a number...sounds like they are on their way to the bank
    out at lunchtime with my CAFC hat and scarf on....
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bigfatpete[/cite]im in the office in Cannon st this morning, just heard "glad its all over" being sung loudly by what sounded like quite a number...sounds like they are on their way to the bank
    out at lunchtime with my CAFC hat and scarf on....

Wish i worked in the city

We sent the palace down i would be singing out loud top of my voice with the added line of whos laughing now on the end

I am hoping that they are the example and they go Bust
  • Options
    Loved the Jonny Fortune photo MOG!
  • Options
    The wife's just rung me to say that at about 11:25 they wandered past her building and were singing their little hearts out. Bless 'em.

What I will say on this is that its karma. What goes around comes around.

There is one Palace lad at work that has given me no end of stick for being a lowly league 1 team this season, for losing in the play-offs and generally wishing us no end of ill, including that he hopes we go bust as a result of not getting promotion. Irony of ironies!!!!

I've not said anything to him whilst all this has been going on, there's no need. Seeing the anguish on his face at the moment is enough.
  • Options
    Would it be appropriate to have a count down ?

2 hours 54 mins
  • Options
    police alerts are saying 150 plus palace fans demonstrating outside lloyds bank in gresham street.
  • Options
    You are showing remarkable self restraint there, sideways. Don't think I'd be so forgiving myself - I'd be waving a five pound note in his face and laughing uncontrollably if I'd had to put up with that kind of bollocks...
  • Options
    Dan are you going round to have a nose?
  • Options
    I'm sure all of the AFC Wimbledon fans are shedding a tear for all those Crystal Palace fans who showed them so much compassion, support and understanding during Wimbledon FC's last days at Selhurst Park .......................................... karma indeed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]police alerts are saying 150 plus palace fans demonstrating outside lloyds bank in gresham street.

250 of them have gone to protest outside of Lloyds of London......

;-)