Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official - Palace In Administration

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Tomorrow they will be outside Lloyds in the City so all you city addicks can go along and support them

The chemists?

Must be needing to stock up on Clearisil, dandruff shampoo and w*nking tissues.
  • Options
    ".......Who the f**k is laughing Now ?"
  • Options
    What's the highest division that a team's been in that folded?

A second tier team going under would send a big shockwave through football. Who next? Pompey?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]What's the highest division that a team's been in that folded?

A second tier team going under would send a big shockwave through football. Who next? Pompey?

Wimbledon?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]What's the highest division that a team's been in that folded?

Wimbledon?

They were a special case (of bottling it by the football authorities). I was thinking of clubs that just ceasing to trade.
  • Options
    Yeah you're right i just read on wikipedia that they actually came out of admin. Chester maybe?
  • Options
    Good to see one of their chavs was supping on Fosters in the ground.

Can't buy class (or decent beer).
  • Options
    agilo want their money now but the consortium are trying to stare them down with the threat of pulling out.

Jordan tried to bluff Agilo but they called his bluff.

Now CPFC2010 seem to be going down the same road. If the bank won't budge then will 2010 really walk away? Agilo wont care just as long as they get some cash which they will from the player sales.

Very risky game IMHO
  • Options
    If Palace go out of business this week, there will not be a bigger wake up call for some of the "bigger clubs" in financial trouble including ourselves. People are saying it could be a 23 team Championship next season, but in all honesty Pompey and maybe even Hull may not be far away themselves from a similar scenario to Palace.

Not to mention other clubs such as Southend who can't be in much of a better state than those at Selhurst.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the fans to be honest who have to put up with this the last year and I do not want to see any local teams go out of business including Palace. A couple of my Palace mates feel awful at the moment and I will just miss the banter between them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]If Palace go out of business this week, there will not be a bigger wake up call for some of the "bigger clubs" in financial trouble including ourselves. People are saying it could be a 23 team Championship next season, but in all honesty Pompey and maybe even Hull may not be far away themselves from a similar scenario to Palace.

Not to mention other clubs such as Southend who can't be in much of a better state than those at Selhurst.

Agreed. I wonder whether the football authorities will try to carve out some different distribution of money. Would the Prem clubs give a shit about the clubs below?
  • Options
    No sympathy here.

Couldn't have 'Palace mates' either. Very strange.
  • Options
    Not read any of the previous threads but could not give one poo for that lot. If they go out of business then fine. If they stay then I look forward to beating them again.

Away days at sheethrst have been fun lately but I'd rather they didn't exist.
  • Options
    I support Charlton because it was my local team and my Dad took me there. I loved the old Valley and it felt like homes

If I had been born and brought up in Croydon ,I'm sure I would be an Eagle.If you 'hate' another team then you hate the beautiful game. I disliked Palace mainly because of Noades and Jordan, like I detest the Gills because of Scally. Other than that they are just rival teams.

I also believe there would be a Domino if a 'big club' like Palace were liquidated, with Hull and Pompey maybe all three CCC relegation places will be decided this way next year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Now CPFC2010 seem to be going down the same road. If the bank won't budge then will 2010 really walk away? Agilo wont care just as long as they get some cash which they will from the player sales.

Very risky game IMHO

I was wondering that. CPFC 2010 are all Palace fans aren't they? They surely won't want to see their club fold so i'm convinced something will be done to save them.
  • Options
    As this farce has proceeded towards a conclusion, my sympathy for Palace, its back-room staff, its creditors and, yes, even its fans has increased. Their club has fallen victim to the stupid greed of owners, agents, banks, financiers, sharks and spivs. They don't deserve the taint of the people who surround them. The little drama has been played out by mugs and morons and it's the bit-part players and the audience who have suffered.

However, for me, right now, two things are clear.

First, I am even more grateful that Charlton have been looked after by mainly benign, imaginative, careful stewards. Charlton *may* slip into even more perilous positions: that would be *despite* the owners' actions. For Palace, the position is precisley *because* of their owners' greedy stupidity.

Second, it is clear that, sooner or later, a football league club is going to go under. I hope it doesn't happen. But if it does, I really, really hope it's Palace.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I support Charlton because it was my local team and my Dad took me there. I loved the old Valley and it felt like homes

If I had been born and brought up in Croydon ,I'm sure I would be an Eagle.If you 'hate' another team then you hate the beautiful game. I disliked Palace mainly because of Noades and Jordan, like I detest the Gills because of Scally. Other than that they are just rival teams.

I also believe there would be a Domino if a 'big club' like Palace were liquidated, with Hull and Pompey maybe all three CCC relegation places will be decided this way next year.

what a load of ballcocks

i hate them because of their scummy fans scummy ground scummy strip

big club more bs

hate the beautiful game what the hell has hating palace got to do with hating football

some of the strangest load of cack ever to come from an addick
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]If you 'hate' another team then you hate the beautiful game.

You'd say the same about Millwall then? To me its a despicable club from top to bottom and I would happily say I hate them.
  • Options
    one word - karma.

revenge for making us pay rent to groundshare with em.

and their fans on the whole are simply scum in my opinion.
  • Options
    They're doing a petition now to save themselves, somehow I think they've run out of time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can't stand them, hate them more than Millwall, but don't want them to go to the wall. What would happen if we had NO rivals. Be fecking boring if you ask me. If Millwall, Gillingham, Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds, Southampton all go out of business I suppose I could always start hating Hereford Utd. Jeez.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]No sympathy here.

What a strange person you must be, if you'd choose not to have a mate because of the football club they support.

Very strange.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]No sympathy here.

What a strange person you must be, if you'd choose not to have a mate because of the football club they support.

Very strange.

not as strange as someone who piucks your shit club as the one to follow now that is strange

hope your club is dead
  • Options
    If palace go to the wall tomorrow I'll eat my own bollocks. Bargaining tactic by the consortium. Personally, if I were RBS I'd tell them to go f*** themselves, but they won't - because, as said before, football is somehow able to escape every single rule that governs all other businesses.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]If palace go to the wall tomorrow I'll eat my own bollocks. Bargaining tactic by the consortium. Personally, if I were RBS I'd tell them to go f*** themselves, but they won't - because, as said before, football is somehow able to escape every single rule that governs all other businesses.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you. But with the current state of the economy, anything is possible and the old certainties may not hold. Money men have no room for sentiment - if the best way to make a profit (or minimise their loss) is to liquidate Palace, they'll do it.
  • Options
    fingers crossed then
  • Options
    Says 'Budgie' on a Charlton messageboard.
  • Options
    Find some of the stronger hate views a bit embarassing to be honest. All I'll say is I desperately hope they survive. Good luck Budgie, SoS etc.

Also of the view this is all very much a bargaining game and a result eill be found. What id be more concerned is even at this late stage, why are the consortium so guarded to protect it being known who exactly make up the consortium ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Says 'Budgie' on a Charlton messageboard.

I believe that's game, set and match!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Find some of the stronger hate views a bit embarassing to be honest. All I'll say is I desperately hope they survive. Good luck Budgie, SoS etc.

Also of the view this is all very much a bargaining game and a result eill be found. What id be more concerned is even at this late stage, why are the consortium so guarded to protect it being known who exactly make up the consortium ?

Agree with you AFKA, maybe just maybe, someone involved in CPFC2010 who has already trousered over £11m+ out of buying and then selling on Selhurst Park ?
    How foolish would the Bank of Scotland look if they sold it onto to a group conected in any way to him, at a discount after putting up the cash to buy it off him in the first place.
    He made no secret a while back that he was interested in buying it on the cheap.