Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch Inspection - (ed. Incorrect)

Comments

• Options
    Snowing heavily by the Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Chill out FTP, yes reason we got on your back as you had nothing to back it up and most of us on here had more sense to believe it

If you was informed incorrectly thats not our problem

Maybe he was informed correctly, however the situation has since changed?
  • Options
    Military Juncta taken over Greenwich Council!

Kit inspection 6pm.
  • Options
    Colchester's pitch should be nice this evening!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Chill out FTP, yes reason we got on your back as you had nothing to back it up and most of us on here had more sense to believe it

If you was informed incorrectly thats not our problem

Maybe he was informed correctly, however the situation has since changed?

At last a common sense answer
  • Options
    We are all Charlton supporters, common sense left these parts years ago.
  • Options
    So, is there one or not?

Don't particuarly want to leave the coast until there is one [if there is one]
  • Options
    My youngest is a mascot tonight.

Its snowing here/pretty miserable here in Clerkenwell.....he will be sooooo devastated if its cancelled :o((
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]We are all Charlton supporters, common sense left these parts years ago.

Yep could not agree more
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]snowing here too!

pitch inspection at 5pm.
    Is this for real? Some of us live a long way away and have to leave before 5.0. to get to the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]My youngest is a mascot tonight.

Its snowing here/pretty miserable here in Clerkenwell.....he will be sooooo devastated if its cancelled :o((

on a school night ..... shocking
  • Options
    Anyone got some real facts on this? Surely it will be alright, I mean look at Wigan against Chelsea... and the Blackburn Bolton game, it was a blizzard.
  • Options
    course its not for real. i had two snow flakes outside my window so thought id call for a pitch inspection.
  • Options
    He's so enthusiastic it's worrying really.

He loves us like we do.

Child cruelty.
  • Options
    Good to hear falcon, I was mascot at WBA a while back, let's just say being in the changing rooms with the likes of Hermann dancing half naked was a bit, weird. :-)

He's gonna be fing cold on the pitch tonight though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]Anyone got some real facts on this?

The club announced at 11am there were no plans for a pitch inspection.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]Anyone got some real facts on this?

The club announced at 11am there were no plans for a pitch inspection.

However, i should add that if the rain picks up and is consistent in the next couple of hours, then naturally there is always the chance the situation can change.

With that in mind, it always make sense if there is any form of doubt in your mind to check just before you travel. If any of the clubs official lines announce anything in relation to a pitch inspection, cancellation etc, we'll highlight it as a sticky as soon as it happens. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Cheers AFKA, I won't be leaving for a few hours so should be able to check before hand... Last game I attended that was called off was (luckily) West Ham back in the prem, so pretty lucky to date. touch wood.

Bexleyheath area is alright atm, skys a bit grey - as per..
  • Options
    hope its on, i'm bringing a mate and he hasn't seen us lose yet (lucky mascot) oh yes indeedy !
  • Options
    Killer female dogs roaming SE7.
    Bitch inspection 5pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    killer female dog shit roams se7 more like.. the amount of pikies that let their dogs dump all over floyd road and harvey gardens makes me v angry.
  • Options
    Well Colchester's gone... but no surprise really, how they've held any football game there in the last two months or so is beyond me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Well Colchester's gone... but no surprise really, how they've held any football game there in the last two months or so is beyond me

Important that we win then tonight, put some pressure on them and points in the bag is always a bonus
  • Options
    people love making a big thing out of a mistake.
  • Options
    I don't know any more than the next guy, but at a guess, could it be that there are 'unofficial' pitch inspections taken by the club before most games (tactical reasons as well as weather) and then 'official' pitch inspections, which involves dragging the ref (or a local replacement) in early to make an official decision, should the pitch look a bit dodgy.

Perhaps this might explain how the original poster got the info from?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HarryHutchens[/cite]I don't know any more than the next guy, but at a guess, could it be that there are 'unofficial' pitch inspections taken by the club before most games (tactical reasons as well as weather) and then 'official' pitch inspections, which involves dragging the ref (or a local replacement) in early to make an official decision, should the pitch look a bit dodgy.

Perhaps this might explain how the original poster got the info from?

You must be new to this site Harry, can I be the first just to let you know that talking sense is not really the done thing :-)
  • Options
    BAN HIM!
  • Options
    Sorry don't know what came over me. I'll try not to do it again......
  • Options
    Sense ?
    On here ?
    Surely not.................
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]people love making a big thing out of a mistake.[/quote]

Sure do bit like a lynch mob on here sometimes.