Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch Inspection - (ed. Incorrect)

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]people love making a big thing out of a mistake.

Sure do bit like a lynch mob on here sometimes.

In this particular instance I feel that some criticism was justified....some folk have to come long distances or make plans in advance.....unless you're 100% certain of what you're saying you shouldn't say it and if you are 100% certain then at least give some creedence to your comments.
    Just to say "Pitch inspection at 2.00pm" and then bugger off for several hours was a bit naive wasn't it....the post did cause quite a bit of concern for some and as such was rightly questioned and criticized....you simply shouldn't do that.
    For want of a better term,there are different 'categories' of pitch inspection....I've no doubt that Paddy and his lads made an independent inspection sometime during the afternoon in order to see what they needed to do to improve the playing surface....but there was NEVER a chance that it was going to need a full blown pitch inspection at 2.00pm which, in fairness, is what the post suggested and understandably led to unnecessary concerns for some readers.
  • Options
    give it a rest
  • Options
    Soundas has got it in for everyone today , boring old choc ice
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    Must be tired
  • Options
    As i said some of us work and cant sit on here all day long posting and if people were that worried call the fucking club and not sit here waiting for a forum member to give them answers.

SIMPLES
  • Options
    Wish we did have one now and then got called of oh well
  • Options
    No wonder Millwall think we are trainspotters, seeing some of the comments to my post and some of the other posts. It really is embarrassing
  • Options
    Poor old FTP. I haven't seen anyone get so much grief since the days of Two_Sheds!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]No wonder Millwall think we are trainspotters

Nah just you chin up :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Poor old FTP. I haven't seen anyone get so much grief since the days of Two_Sheds![/quote]

Childish and pathetic really
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Poor old FTP. I haven't seen anyone get so much grief since the days of Two_Sheds!

Childish and pathetic really

Childish and pathetic would be taking something like this to heart, serously grow a pair
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Poor old FTP. I haven't seen anyone get so much grief since the days of Two_Sheds![/quote]

Childish and pathetic really[/quote]

Childish and pathetic would be taking something like this to heart, serously grow a pair[/quote]

Not taking to heart but rather than growing a pair people could get a life and not keep on and on and on about FTP not having facts.
  • Options
    im sure it will blow over soon, until the next thread he starts at least! :-)

Yeah that was a childish response by me sorry lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    FTP i'm all for you spreading the word, you heard a whisper about a possible pitch inspection and spread the word, fair paly i say ..... ffs all this facts bollox and 'who's you're source crap' is just bullshit ...if people want FACTS go the official site or ask me ...free speech and hearsay and gossip are more than welcome on here imo
  • Options
    I was relaying what I had been told by someone at the club. Why should I appologise when at the time of writing I was correct but the decision was changed?

I did not say that the game was off FFS. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill
  • Options
    FTPFTP
    edited February 2010
    I was responding to the below
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]No wonder Millwall think we are trainspotters, seeing some of the comments to my post and some of the other posts. It really is embarrassing

You still haven't said sorry for having got it wrong...instead you went on to have a pop at some folk who rightly pulled you up over it.
    All you needed to have done mate is to say sorry it was duff info....problem solved....instead you made it much worse by having a dig at some folk.
    I understand that your post was spotted by some Brighton posters who were quite worried that the game could be called off.
    You also said you won't bother in future to pass on bits of info....no pass on the info it's most welcome but just make sure that it's correct FTP.
  • Options
    Here here .oohaahmortimer ......... just heard a whisper that there will be some right sore heads in sarfend saturday morning.....keep it mum.loose lips and all that !!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]I was responding to the below
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]No wonder Millwall think we are trainspotters, seeing some of the comments to my post and some of the other posts. It really is embarrassing

You still haven't said sorry for having got it wrong...instead you went on to have a pop at some folk who rightly pulled you up over it.
    All you needed to have done mate is to say sorry it was duff info....problem solved....instead you made it much worse by having a dig at some folk.
    I understand that your post was spotted by some Brighton posters who were quite worried that the game could be called off.
    You also said you won't bother in future to pass on bits of info....no pass on the info it's most welcome but just make sure that it's correct FTP.

Soundasa dear oh dear if brighton were worried they im sure know how to use phones so phone Brighton up and ask or look on there or our website for offical updates,this is not the O/S

Say sorry for what ????FFS get a life
  • Options
    Oh I give up, you just don't see it do you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope not at all

Say sorry say sorry blah blah blah

Having a dig at some posters!!! LOL no surprise after the onslaught he got.

Pot kettle comes to mind

You just dont get it do you ???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]I was relaying what I had been told by someone at the club. Why should I appologise when at the time of writing I was correct but the decision was changed?

I did not say that the game was off FFS. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill

Funny enough i actually agree with this :-P no need to apologise
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    'onslaught'

oh don't dramatise. Gav posted something that turned out to be incorrect, no big deal in that, won't be the last to do so, and some people questioned whether it was true, again no big deal. But because people questioned it (which they would do if they were having to plan journeys etc), that makes them tossers, idiots, childish, pathetic, in need of a life, lynch mob, and best of all 'worse than Palace'.

Serious question, Why do you participate on here Leftbehind ? I'm not digging you personally but its obvious that you clearly don't like the place or the majority of people that post on it. Virtually every post of yours for the last year has been derogatory towards either the site or the people that post on it. You're like the bloke who goes into the same pub every day to tell all the other punters what a shit pub it is yet still keeps going in there. Yet your happy to use the site to take information to start similar threads on other sites, or to moan about this place from afar.

Its been going on too long fella. Either just accept that everyone is different and we try and find our best to find a best fit, or just accept that its not your cup of tea and don't participate any more.
  • Options
    despite what it reads FTP is not banned but asked admin for his account to be closed just in case anyone gets the wrong idea
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]despite what it reads FTP is not banned but asked admin for his account to be closed just in case anyone gets the wrong idea

I added the comment with it. Its not possible to 'close' accounts, the only way possible if requested is to ban, so we try and make it clear where possible it was the users request.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pity some of FTP's posts were good and LB is only upset as he's posted gash in the past that got sunk...

It's so painful to be sunk ;o)
  • Options
    never mind time to put this to bed