Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Haye fought and......(no spoilers on thread title lol)

Comments

• Options
    Well done Haye.
  • Options
    Congratulations David!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Haye wins in the 9th, stopped....... good fight and to be fair those that paid would not have been disapointed at all

Edit- i mean money well spent :-)
  • Options
    One of the Klitschko's next?
  • Options
    both will murder him i reckon,badly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]One of the Klitschko's next?

must be next, surely.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]One of the Klitschko's next?

must be next, surely.

Hopefully
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]both will murder him i reckon,badly

Think you're right there - Either would be a good fight though. Really good fight tonight, well done David Haye.
  • Options
    Top stuff from Haye. Big respect to Ruiz. The bloke has one hell of a chin. Good decision from the corner. Could have got nasty if it had gone on.
  • Options
    r7-9 & tko get in
  • Options
    Cheers for the link. Enjoyable fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ruiz is nails
  • Options
    ruiz earns respect. he is on facebook .leave the dude a message
  • Options
    great fight, it was hayes fight for most of the 9 rounds the commentator was right though when he said haye threw about 11 or 12 punhes that would of knocked most of the heavyweight division out what a chin, credit to ruiz for that. what a fight cant wait for his next one one of the klitschkos hopfully.
  • Options
    fdfex.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]fdfex.jpg

Well played! Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    Done well there JT.
  • Options
    Well johnnybev1987 your link came through! Top man.
    Good fight and respect to Ruiz who lasted longer than most would've done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Well johnnybev1987 your link came through! Top man.
    Good fight and respect to Ruiz who lasted longer than most would've done.

No problem mate, yeah i was chuffed it did too. very good quality and for free, the odd clitch but not at all during the fight for me :-)

Yeah respect given where due how ruiz fought for soo long deserves a lot of credit
  • Options
    very nice win there JT
    i started with your link johnnybev but changed when it started stuttering went to another and the guy who was sending it out kept changing the channel and rewinding on sky ended up on match of the day for a min so i switched back cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perfect fight for Sky and Haye. Hard as nails punchbag came along and took some punishment for a less-thank-knowledgeable crowd/PPV audience. Hay was impressively fast, and good on the mic, but Ruiz did exactly what was on the tin.
  • Options
    Haye needs to keep his right hand up, I can understand the lack of sparring would have contributed to that, also as nolly said, he was blowing from round 3, worrying, but if he was a bit sharper without getting cut in sparring I think this won't be as much bother next time out.

Johnny Ruiz is made of granite, always has been but he looked very old in there tonight.

Sensible stoppage, considering his corner told him they were gonna give him one more round at the end of round 6.

I think Ian Darke and Jim Watt were talking up his power (which Haye has in abundance) a bit too much, the shot that put Ruiz down in the first was a glanicing blow that took Ruiz by surprise.

His speed and movement will either make him look amazing against a Klitschko or he will get pinned and nailed. No inbetween.

Groves v DeGale???? Yeah right! Like Frank Warren would let Groves near DeGale hahaha
  • Options
    carter it will be better if groves and degale go a bit further then fight make it more tasty.
  • Options
    Look forward to you posting your losing betting slips in future too JT... ;-)

Seriously though, well done, spend it unwisely...
  • Options

can't aggree there Dan , Vladamir has not fought anyone in Hayes class and I can honestly see Haye doing to him what Sanders did.

The Vitali fight would be much more even and would really ignite some interest in a frankly boring division right now.

Unfortunatly I think Haye may well be forced into a rematch with Valuev under the terms of their first fight and I'm not sure that's a fight anyone really wants to see
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]

can't aggree there Dan , Vladamir has not fought anyone in Hayes class and I can honestly see Haye doing to him what Sanders did.

The Vitali fight would be much more even and would really ignite some interest in a frankly boring division right now.

Unfortunatly I think Haye may well be forced into a rematch with Valuev under the terms of their first fight and I'm not sure that's a fight anyone really wants to see
    I think they'll pay Valuev to step aside - but neither of the Klitschkos will be easy for Haye. Wladimir is chinnier than his brother but hits harder. Vitali is a f***er to catch up with, and has an excellent jab. His size means that if he lands flush on Haye's chin he could knock him out. At least Wladimir would be more likely to actually want to fight - a Haye/Vitali fight would fight be like Haye/Valuev (though obviously a lot, lot better) - Haye would have to stay on the outside, and not throw too many punches.
  • Options
    either one will demolish him. but boxings a funny game,they want trade whatsover with him and pick him off with ease.hope not though davids a cool dude.
  • Options
    Vitali would be a good fight for Haye, Johnson hardly got touched by him but didn't want to throw anything at him, if Haye boxed with half the defensive nous of Johnson he would catch him.

Bear in mind Haye hadn't sparred for 4 weeks going into last night I think he could of got Ruiz out of there a bit quicker than he did if he had been sharper.

Groves has raised the bar for DeGale now, if he fights Paul Smith and does a number on him then he is going to be losing DeGale in the mirror.
  • Options
    i will back the brothers big versus haye.
  • Options
    They're gettin old, Wladimir couldn't take some of the shots Haye landed flush that Ruiz took.