Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Haye fought and......(no spoilers on thread title lol)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Wladimir's definitely chinny, and easier to catch up with than Vitali. I reckon Haye would have a shot against him. Vitali, on the other hand, Haye would have next to zero chance as he wouldn't be able to get near enough to him to cause any damage, as Vitali's defence is rock solid and his reach advantage too great. WIth Valuev it was easy - he's so f***ing slow you can draw a picture of each punch he's trying to land before he throws it and still get out of the way. Vitali's a lot quicker than that - and still has a five inch height advantage.
  • Options
    Vitali has chinks in his jabbery armour, but he is tough to hit. Although Lennox managed to hit him hard enough to tear a big chunk of his face off.

Lennox was getting his arse served to him that fight though
  • Options
    as a matter of interest was danny watts in his entourage last night as he was very prominent when he fought valuev
  • Options
    Yeah big Danny is still, his chef, bodyguard general big bloke & sparring partner.

I don't think he's gone back scaffolding yet!
  • Options
    LOL good on Danny,he needed a break
  • Options
    So the WBA finally had the sense to create a super heavyweight division and install Klitschko as champ and make the heavyweight title vacant (this is the one that Haye heald) . Last night Alexander Povetkin won the vacant title so logically Haye if he decides to carry on will fight him. 

I really hope the other governing bodies follow suit with this , too many cruiserweights have to boil down to stay at that weight because they are too small to fight the really big guys so this as I've been saying for years is the logical way of dealing with it
  • Options
    Klitschko was just made WBA super champion after beating Haye (as he held multiple titles) so they made the WBA title available again.
  • Options
    At least thats what I thought.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    No , he's the super heavyweight champion. Povetkin won the WBA title at heavyweight last night. Not sure if it's done on weight or not to be honest

It's all a bit confusing really , as per usual with boxing . All the different titles mean no one can really say they are the best 

About time someone sorted it before MMA takes over 
  • Options
    Just what boxing needs , more confusion and another weight division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2011

• Options
    this is what it says on the WBA website 

a website which still has Haye as the world champ , jeez.

WBA SUPER CHAMPIONSHIPS(by WBA - Feb 11, 2009 - 11:12:37 AM)DEFINITIONThe SUPER WORLD CHAMPION CATEGORY OR UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION was created for those World Champions who hold the title of two or more organizations recognized by the WBA, like the World Boxing Council (WBC), the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and the World Boxing Organization (WBO).  The creation of the category of SUPER WORLD CHAMPIONS orUNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPIONS was born from a suggestion sent to us by Lennox Lewis, World Boxing Association former Heavyweight Champion, which we have considered convenient in order to give the Unified Champions a more flexible time to defend their titles as well as the challengers the chance to fight for the title.PROPOSED REGULATION We are still working to set the regulation that shall rule the SUPER WORLD CHAMPIONS, and we have considered it convenient to establish the following:The SUPER CHAMPIONS will be obliged to make the mandatory defense of their titles in a period no longer than 18 months against the boxer recognized as the World Boxing Association Champion of the corresponding division.  In the intermediate period between the mandatory defenses, theUNDISPUTED SUPER CHAMPION will be able to defend his title against any recognized opponent chosen from the official ratings list of the WBA or from the organizations it recognizes and with the approval of those organizations.The WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO will coordinate whenever necessary their respective ratings, to minimize any incompatibility in them for the Unified Titles, thus easing the optional fights of the UNIFIED SUPER CHAMPIONS.   In those cases of controversies that make difficult the selection of the mandatory contender to fight with the SUPER CHAMPION, the organizations will be able to order mandatory fights (Box-off suggested by Lennox Lewis) to determine the mandatory contender –previously agreed-. In those cases when they do not reach an agreement to make the mandatory fight as it is stated in point ‘a’ and ‘b’ previously stated in this provisional regulation, the Purse Bid Procedure will be orderered

• Options

Agree that it's confusing but I still don't think its a new weight, its just what the WBA call someone who has more than 1 title at a certain weight.

He isn't the super heavyweight champion, he's the heavyweight super champion.

• Options
    About time they did do that though. Heavyweights at the moment is like getting someone at featherweight fighting someone at cruiser 
  • Options

Yup, I think the weight classes are great as they are with the exception of the top divison. But while top quality heavyweights are as thin on the ground as they currently are I don't think anyone can really be bothered making a case to change it. Maybe if we get a few good talents coming through and then weights still make it a miss match a super heavyweight division could be something to think about, but not worth looking at with so few top quality boxers out there.

The thing I can't stand is the catchweight fights. Unless the lighter man is significantly better than his opponenet a catchweight fight is only ever going one way. Its nothing more that a big pay day for two big name fighters in my opinion.

• Options
    super champion there is no super heavyweight division, when you dominate to long they give this tag , think calazghe was one for the wbo