Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre Season Friendlies

Comments

• Charlton Life v Charlton XI, could hope though ;)
  • FC Flora Tallin please. Now that would be an epic session.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]more likely a tour of Sussex. Lewes, Eastbourne Borough, Hastings Utd and a Staplehurst XI Robertsbridge XI

edited for the pedants amongst us !!
  • Tour of Ireland please Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I am sure Staplehurst is in Kent.

It is mate it has a train station there and thats about it

You forgot a bucket load of Chavs
  • Another place we could tour is Thanet in Kent and play Margate, Ramsate, Whitstable and Herne Bay. Whos with me?
  • Oh and Dover............
  • Prefer the tour of Sussex idea, but would be happy with a tour of Kent.
  • Somewhere around porta benuss please
  • Mate at school whose Dad is one of the owners of Welling has said that the charlton game is all but confirmed just waiting for dates to be arranged. Also Welling are playing the spanners and apparently Arsenal (probably youth team though!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Tour Essex its lovely there
  • Maybe we will get a friendly against Liverpool, as part of the shelvey deal, and give a good send off to Jonjo
  • [cite]Posted By: ashford addick[/cite]Maybe we will get a friendly against Liverpool, as part of the shelvey deal, and give a good send off to Jonjo

yep, shouldn't have been too hard to negotiate seeing as they were desperate to sign him.
  • Just had it confirmed to me that we have turned down Cray Wanderers request for a friendly.In their 150th anniversary i think that is a pretty
    poor show by Charlton.The reason given that they are going to play Bromley and didn't want to play there twice.I know Cray have had Jack Clark
    & Lewis Perkins down there this year,and had hoped a friendly could be arranged.
  • Shame about Cray but pleased I'll get to see us lose to Bromley again ; - (
  • i want Crawley again.
  • Watford away - 31st July. Whoopee effing doo !!
  • Looks like they are trying to give the pitch a better chance of being in a fit state for the start of th season, and of course on less game means less damage. I suppose this celebrity sixes football match is delying work on the pitch.
  • One of the grounds I havnt been to, and scheduled when i'm in Austria, boo
  • Have we got the £3 for the Dartford Bridge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Watford away is a strange one, usually the better team plays away?

Personally I think pre season friendlies are for people who do not have a life with the possible exception of Welling away.

Its bad enough from August to May why increase the torture?
  • must admit I think I might even give Welling a miss this season. Waste of time and money in general. The exception would be any game at The Valley.
  • At least we're playing against some decent opposition. Don't get me wrong, I like going to the smaller clubs in the summer, having a good laugh at Welling etc, but there's no real test, and losing to a non-league club, albeit in a friendly, can't do the players' confidence any good.
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]losing to a non-league club, albeit in a friendly, can't do the players' confidence any good.

still better then losing to a good club!

I'll probs go to the AFC and Bromley games for the change of scenery. Haven't done Watford before, so will only do that depending on who our first few aways are
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Personally I think pre season friendlies are for people who do not have a life with the possible exception of Welling away.

Its bad enough from August to May why increase the torture?

Agree with this. Unless we have a home friendly and it's someones testimonial then i won't bother either.
  • always enjoy the Welling game, used to much prefer it on a saturday if only to have a decent day out in the sun and a few beers.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Watford away is a strange one, usually the better team plays away?
    Yeah I thought it was a bit weird for the lower league team to visit a higher league one. Normally the bigger clubs visit the smaller clubs - just shows you Watford are only bigger in league status!!!!
  • Welling away July 13th 19:45 which is a Saturday night!
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Welling away July 13th 19:45 which is a Saturday night!

I think the 13th is a tuesday
  • Cafcofficial Twitter claims it a Saturday, makes sense at that time I spose.