Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre Season Friendlies

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Cafcofficial Twitter claims it a Saturday, makes sense at that time I spose.

it's a Tuesday
  • I know Henry will be pleased, Bromley have confirmed that Charlton will play them at Hayes Lane on Wednesday 28th July with a 19.45 kick off.

Bromley Pre Season Fixtures
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I know Henry will be pleased, Bromley have confirmed that Charlton will play them at Hayes Lane on Wednesday 28th July with a 19.45 kick off.

Bromley Pre Season Fixtures

I would have been if I wasn't on holiday that week.

Oh, well
  • Just spoke to a well known 'Proper Charlton' in Jim's Cafe this morning ,that we should find out today if we are going to Ireland on tour.
  • Well im in ireland from 27th to 3rd August so its unlikely its going to be anytime then isnt it... fekk sake.
  • I'll be speaking to Jerry Dolke (Bromley FC Chairman) about this Friendly as I expect some VIP treatment that day after all the goals I have set up for him this season in my vets side :-)
  • So we've got Wimbledon on the 10th June
    Welling 13th
    Barnet 24th
    Bromley 28th
    Watford 31st

Anyone know if we are going to go on a tour or something between Welling and Barnet, surely we wont have an 11 day gap?
  • You mean July
  • Well spotted
  • Most likely will be 2 or 3 more games announced. I'm sure someone said on here there might be a tour of Ireland again?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2010
    There are also rumors that we are going to play a few friendlies over in Holland this year. Also we will probably play our regular friendly against Welling United.
  • Could we afford to go to Holland...?
  • Inspiring line up.
  • Boooo....I want to go to Ireland again. The Bray Summer Fest is starting to take shape and it looks like we ain't gonna be there :o (
  • No home friendly this year?
    edited June 2010
    I have been thinking about this Watford game and i thinhk i am going to go now. I have not been to Watford in years and have cousins there so it might be a good excuse to see some family i rarely get to see. It is a toilet town though is it not.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]No home friendly this year?

Would be surprised if there is no home friendly. Maybe one on the 27th July?
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]No home friendly this year?

Would be surprised if there is no home friendly. Maybe one on the 27th July?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, but struggling to see where they would fit one in now. Mind you, we've gone from playing Porto to Ipswich in the last few years so maybe it's best we don't have one! Surely they could get a Liverpool XI down as part of the Jonjo deal.
  • Costs to much money to play home friendly,seeing we have not got any money to spare could be a wise move only playing away this pre-season.As said before along hard season ahead of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to Kettering and Bedford (probs) aswell as Wimbledon, Welling & Barnet
  • Great to have a game (Kettering) that is a 5 minute walk from home. Prices for those that are going:

Adults & Over 60's £6

Kids £1

The view from the away terrace behind the goal is poor but much better from the main stand. Anyone who is going & has any queries please whisper me or you can email me at the Doctor Kish address if you prefer.

For Nathan's benefit (and anyone else planning to go) these are the details for Bedford.

Adults £7

OAPS & unemployed £4

Kids (dependent on age) £1 or free
  • Can't believe there is no home game planned (as yet)

BIG MISTAKE.

Pre-season should not just be aboiut getting the players fit & used to playing again but also a chance to show off your new signings & aspirations for the coming season - I can onlu assume we are planning a major clearout & will be fielding loanees & youngsters next season.
  • oh happy days
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Can't believe there is no home game planned (as yet)

BIG MISTAKE.

Pre-season should not just be aboiut getting the players fit & used to playing again but also a chance to show off your new signings & aspirations for the coming season - I can onlu assume we are planning a major clearout & will be fielding loanees & youngsters next season.

agree with your sentiments about a home pre-season game. Should be able to draw a PL team and a big crowd. Play well and it may encourage a few more to start coming regularly. Maybe they have something up their sleeves. Perhaps Boro, Celtic or wherever Bailey goes to.
  • Doubt we'll have a home friendly now, where would it go? We wouldn't play two games midweek, unless they decide to have it on the same night as one of the Charlton XI games.
  • I would like a glamour friendly at home like we had last season ... oh that was ipswich wasn't it ;-( maybe we can get a championship team like ... Millwall!!! To think only a few seasons ago we were going there as a Prem team helping out local rivals
  • Excatly.

a few years back we were a Premiership club and therefore we went to league one/two grounds to help their coffers - we also had at least one home game (usually the last) against a foreign side.

Now as a league one side we are hosting ????

Only time in living memory I can remember playing a top side at home was the 85/86 season when we played Liverpool at home (evening game)

Regularly sides like Rochdale / Tranmere /Crewe play Liverpool or Man U. - so how come we aren't playing Arsenal Chelsea or Spurs ??
  • Nearest 'big' side to us would be West Ham, but that might be out of the question. Surely we could get a decent side to play. I know we are playing Watford away. As I've said before how do 6 friendlies against non-league sides help us prepare. We need to play decent sides.
  • Golfaddick
    Beat that is Beat Arsenal at home 2-1 think about 93-94 pre-season friendly.Long time ago i know.Can not recall who scored for Charlton but think Davies scored for the Arsenal.WEwould have been in the old div 2 then.