Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    norwich brought 3,394 to us ...
  • Options
    The point about Exeter is that we had weeks to sell the tickets. Swindon was going on general sale this morning until I suggested last night that this wasn't a good idea. I think the club did underestimate the demand, but as yet we don't know what the demand is.

We've already had to sell the home tickets a week before we knew about the game because the commercial centre, i.e. the level of staffing, the phones, the internet booking system and the number of terminals, can't cope with selling 20,000 home tickets in the time frame. We will have similar issues if we get to Wembley, which we are looking at now.

The view of those at the sharp end is that we simply cannot add the time implication of checking people's purchase history over four away games before we sell a Swindon ticket - and on the basis of what has happened this season and what they expect to happen tomorrow that it isn't necessary. Whether they are right or wrong we'll find out tomorrow.
  • Options
    Airman do you not feel this is a massive own goal by the club as it was only some three weeks ago that the club said that all Valley Gold members would get refusal for the play off tickets
  • Options
    I was at the valley today and there were people despite the queues asking about tickets for away leg and restrictions despite being told first off they couldn't buy them. Logistically can you imagine people queing up at 9am getting to front of queue and trying to buy a ticket with only 1 away game history and being told to get to the back of the queue? Not gonna happen.

Good luck guys and girls! Unfortunately it won't suit everyone but there isn't much the club can do.
  • Options
    surely the 1,073, who took the mammoth trip to swindon, when we played them in february, on a saturday, whilst sitting 3rd in the table, should have priority
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]surely the 1,073, who took the mammoth trip to swindon, when we played them in february, on a saturday, whilst sitting 3rd in the table, should have priority

As i went to this one, here here.

As has been said, i think its one of those situations when the club cant please everyone and i'm sure they've done everything they can to make sure its as fair as possible, while at the same time making sure the club dont suffer in any way
  • Options
    imagine if by say wedensday we aint sold out,everyone concerned for nothing.
  • Options
    I've been to every away game this season, but have an exam tomorrow morning. If the tickets sell out before 3pm i shall not be amused.
  • Options
    So Because I have been to 16 away games this season, plus i'm a season ticket holder, does that entitle me to 16 tickets then.
  • Options
    Don't think so Nick - it allows you to the maximum you have ever bought in one go.

So if you bought 4 tickets for Oldham (and that was the most you bought for an away game all season) you can get 4 tickets for Swindon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers WSS was hoping someone would say that, I was worried people who have been to quite a few away games will be purchasing loads of tickets for their mates who never go.
  • Options
    Im ready to get dialling ;)
  • Options
    when the clock strikes 9 my fingers will be moving ridiculously fast. I would have gone to the ticket office to make sure but living in essex has its inconviniences
  • Options
    anyone got the direct number rather than wasting money going through the options?
  • Options
    "please call back later"
  • Options
    yep got that too :(:(
  • Options
    oh dear,can't even get in the queue
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"please call back later"

same
  • Options
    as soon as the second woman comes on, i immediately press 4 to get to the opperator
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2010
    On twitter there looks like a queue of around 150 people as well.

This will sell out this morning and people are going to miss out I think.

98492762-ed9ba9c17dd8540609ca353070ce90ca.4be7bea4-scaled.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno what to do, panicking now, I can't keep hitting redial on the mobile it'll get silly
  • Options
    After going Swindon back in Feb , im not sure i like the look of that poxy open stand. It was bad enough in the main stand at half time, one bloke serving behind a cage, cant see the open end having a bar. Got the potential to be a worldie of a night (good strippers in the town), or a complete torrid.
  • Options
    just what I was thinking, think this will sell out today (of course alot of people calling will probably also be trying to buy home tickets as well)
  • Options
    This is a fooking nonsense
  • Options
    This is a joke got in early and can't even get through something tells me they are not taking phone calls this morning
  • Options
    Has anyone got through even to being told what number you are?
  • Options
    Cant see my uncle in that queue either, grr
  • Options
    i sometimes get the music before being cut-off almost straightaway
  • Options
    What a fcuking joke, cant even get through.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]i sometimes get the music before being cut-off almost straightaway

same here