Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]there's no way we wouldn't sell it out it's an absolute disgrace to have them straight on sale to all season ticket holders two each as well

100%. I don't buy all this "what if we put it on restriction for a day and didn't sell out" - Friday night, Play-off semi final we were always going to shift 2000 tickets sharpish. Can't believe we're giving them 3,400 but we didn't move to try and get them to increase our allocation.
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]fucking joke cant get through tried 50 + times

Stick with it mate, I got through finally and got my tickets.
  • Mike im 4th in the queue keep tryin mate you will get through soon mate!
  • this is so pissing me off
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]They have only got one operator

They have at least 8 probably more as they've worked hard training loads of staff on the systems. The guys and girls from bartrams, conference and banquetting, accounts all on windows or the phones.
  • It was a joke Suzi, jesus,
  • Ridiculous been to 8 away games this season, went Oldham Saturday and theres a possibility people who have been to more than me might miss out
  • Its not so much the phoning, it's the 10p a minute that grates me and going through the bloody options.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Its not so much the phoning, it's the 10p a minute that grates me and going through the bloody options.

yup
  • Hope all who deserve them get tockets. I agree it is a joke not to have tighter restrictions for one day. If there can be a restirction that "you can buy up to the maximum number of tickets you have bought for a previous away game", then that means checking purchase history - It's a feeble excuse to say that there is "no time" to do that. Just because we are in the third division doesn't mean we should have a non-league mentatlity...
  • I don't think the tickets "which will be placed on general sale from 9am on Wednesday should any remain after the initial two days of restrictions" is going to apply somehow!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2010
    For those who don't get tickets, I recommend mobbing up and storming the gates... :o O

That's a joke, BTW
  • 10th in the que...............
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]10th in the que...............
    I'm one ahead of you mate.
  • Down to the 7th,,,,,,,,,,
  • I reckon this will sell out by midday taking into account the queues at The Valley and the busy phone lines. And to think that until Airman Brown protested they were going to put them straight on general sale. There is absolutely NO reason why they couldn't have had one day of restricted sales to ensure those with an away history of say 5 away games were satisfied first, that is only fair.
  • I have tried 45 tiimes and counting :(
  • 18 away games and it means fuck all when it comes down to it
  • way over 50 calls since 9.00 and still not reached the queue ... this is just not on when I have so many away games this season
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I reckon this will sell out by midday taking into account the queues at The Valley and the busy phone lines. And to think that until Airman Brown protested they were going to put them straight on general sale. There is absolutely NO reason why they couldn't have had one day of restricted sales to ensure those with an away history of say 5 away games were satisfied first, that is only fair.

Would have been less pressure on staff too with less people on phonelines etc as the numbers of people after tickets would have been split over 2 days
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited May 2010
    Bloke on the phone just said it suspects they'll all be gone by 2pm.

Whether that is true or not is another matter.
  • Can't even get into the phone queue!

This is a little frustrating
  • but I can only keep trying until 11.30 then have to go to airport ... this is a joke
  • I just don't think I can spend much more money on the phone trying... it's getting out of hand
  • Going to leave it for a while.

Hopefully we'll have calmed down and I'll get through.

If not it's always on TV...if the club couldn't put some restrictions for people who have been away already this year then I can't be bothered spending 10p a minute just wasting money
  • this has turned into a lottery, hoping you can get through on the phone ... constant calls since 9.00 and still not in queue ... this has not worked Airman for regular away followers
  • 56 times now. This is a joke.
  • edited May 2010
    We've sold 608 as at 10.12 - bear in mind that a lot of the people (about a third, we reckon) in the queue, at The Valley and on the phones, are season ticket holders buying their home tickets.
  • Due to high level of calls please call back when sold out.
  • Airman can you recommend someone to officially complain to at the club about this please? It's absolutely disgusting.