Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Airman can i make a private booking, ive tried 66 times and am tempted to give up.
  • Remember when we didnt have phonelines for the Man U cup game and last play off final?

That was fun.
  • Also when Leeds take on average over 2,100 fans to every game, a small minority of that average would not have got tickets for the Swindon away playoff game, despite being just as loyal as the lucky 2,100 fans who did!
  • least you knew where you stood then!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Airman can you recommend someone to officially complain to at the club about this please? It's absolutely disgusting.

I would recommend Steve Waggott, as he is paid to take the responsibility.

ah, so now we know what he gets paid for !!

To misquote Kipling

"Oh it's Waggy this and Waggy that
    And Waggy damn your eyes
    But it's complain to Steve Waggott
    When the flak begins to fly
    Oh, it's complain to Steve Waggott
    When the flak begins to fly"
  • Swindon are giving the minimum they have to give within the rules, they do have there own fans to look after first, the bigger issue is how when your given a small allocation is how you handle it. I swear we were promised that the system had the ability to capture previous sales, and now when it's needed, it's not used.

I've got a ticket, but I feel badly for people like Isaw who has done the miles, and is now getting shat on
  • Premium rate calls plus the one pound per ticket booking fee my tickets have just cost me two hundred quid
  • So whats the minimum we have to give then?
  • 100 minutes of phoning and probably about that many calls made ... I have about an hour left in which I can phone and then goodbye to any chance of a ticket ... so much for travelling away regularly and building 'points'
  • Anyway

Hows the home leg selling Airman any idea?
  • Sponsored links:

• If he has no luck in the next hour, is there anyone who could help Stonemuse out ?

I would, but i can't phone the number from work.

Send him a whisper, i'm sure he would be grateful. Its simply wrong that people that genuinely do the miles are getting shafted.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I've got a ticket, but I feel badly for people like Isaw who has done the miles, and is now getting shat on

Don't feel bad mate... you've done enough yourself, you were down at Northwich at silly o'clock among others. I don't feel bitter at anyone getting a ticket, you take what you can get... it's which absolute moron made the decision of who can "get" that'd I'd like to know. Take it from Airman that it's Waggott. Read that charm offensive post the other day how personal abuse on here has got to him... you haven't seen anything yet! Great when there's a PR exercise to be had but fades away when it matters.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]We've sold 608 as at 10.12 .
    People don't generally mind being kept on hold or in queues, but they do mind when they are being charged decent money for it, or can't even reach the queue in the first place after trying 50+ times.

I've opposed the 0871 number since it was introduced and so have a number of others because we recognise it's bad PR, but there is a practical problem that won't be resolved without investment.

Are you the only person with a bit of common sense there Airman? how did some of your colleagues not think this would sell out, and not realise that a premium number will piss off the fans?

More chance of seeing pigs fly than get a ticket for me but call number 64 is dialling as I type nonetheless......

Also I've just heard that bloody message about the commercial centre being open yesterday again: could the club have not opened the phone booking then? Perhaps with the priority others have talked about? I know the tickets wouldn't have physically been at the Valley but surely if its over the phone that wouldn;t have mattered?
  • Bearing in mind me and my dad have an away ticket purchase history of 7 games this season, the lady had to ask me "have you been to any away games this season"? This was because our purchase history had been deleted....ridiculous. Good luck to everyone who hasnt yet got a ticket!!
  • Leeds, Millwall and Swindon were all giving us around the 2,000 mark if we played them, Huddersfield just under 3,000. It's not a negotiation - the rules say 2,000 is what you have to offer, or ten per cent if that is less.

If we were convinced there was demand for 25,000 home tickets we may have tried to segregate the Jimmy Seed Stand, but that would be subject to police approval. It's expensive in terms of stewarding and you lose several hundred seats in any circumstances. We're not convinced, although of course we may be wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Take it from Airman that it's Waggott. Read that charm offensive post the other day how personal abuse on here has got to him... you haven't seen anything yet! Great when there's a PR exercise to be had but fades away when it matters.

I haven't said he took the decision. As far as I'm aware he hasn't been involved. I've said he is paid to take responsibility.
  • Airman, cheers for your input on here.

Bit disappointed that given people have been having so many problems getting through on the phones, nothing has been put out on the website, bulletin etc asking people to be patient etc.

The tools are there, it don't take much to improve the PR a little.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Anyway

Hows the home leg selling Airman any idea?

About 11,000 an hour ago, including the away end.
  • OK Airman apologies for jumping the gun, a bit emotionally unstable at the minute!
  • Airman is it 5pm today I've got to get a home ticket as a season ticket holder as well? I've given up the ghost on the away game and am now concerned about this.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Airman, cheers for your input on here.

Bit disappointed that given people have been having so many problems getting through on the phones, nothing has been put out on the website, bulletin etc asking people to be patient etc.

The tools are there, it don't take much to improve the PR a little.

Staff in the commercial centre are focused on selling tickets, Steve Kavanagh is off site at a meeting. I'm at home. Someone with an overview would need to lead that.
  • 841 at just before 11am.
  • Due to the fact the Swindon is an absolute dive, the away end open aired and the way good fans have been treated, ill be watching this down the Red Barn with a pint.
    Good Luck to those who are trying to get tickets.
  • Cheers AB, if that's accurate that gives me hope... we've only gone 200 up in 40 minutes, i thought it would be well into 4 figures by now
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Cheers AB, if that's accurate that gives me hope... we've only gone 200 up in 40 minutes, i thought it would be well into 4 figures by now

Don't give up hope mate there was always going to be an initial mad rush. Keep trying and i reckon you'll get one, even if it takes you until lunchtime.
  • Hope for the people that cannot get a ticket today, that Swindon will give us another 1,400 or so on top.

Luckily I have mine but I think we are right to moan. Typical Charlton, do a fine job with the home leg and then mess up with the away one. 10p a minute to just get cut off and the fact people with a very good away record (my 10 games is nothing in comparision to some) may not be able to go.

Surely for one day they could have put them on restricted sale to people with an away game history of say 5 and then tomorrrow put them on sale to all season tickets holders and red card members.

We are peeved at this, imagine how some Fulham fans feel about missing Hamburg!
  • got tickets ... still been quite a farce though ... best of luck to the rest of you still trying
  • Well done Stone muse mate, good luck Isaw keep going mate
  • that Fulham thing was bleedin awful, shows you noone making decisions at ours even reads the press!
  • I've been trying for near 2 hours and nothing :-(