Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam is STAYING!

Comments

• Options
    I'm hoping this is true.
  • Options
    great news if this turns out to be true
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm hoping this is true.[/quote]

dont be stupid James
  • Options
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Player stays with club he started at, not jumping to make more money at a higher level and lots of Charlton fans moan.

Good on Lloyd. Boo to our support.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    For all his weaknesses, I'd be very happy if he stays. Hopefully he'll have a more 'complete' season this year, whether he is carrying injury or not I do not know but a little more competitiveness across the midfield should help him.
  • Options
    good news if he can pack up smoking! i can only assume that any professional footballer with his level of fittness smokes 20+ a day.
  • Options
    I'm glad he's staying - 2010/11 could be his season to shine.
  • Options
    i wont be convinced until i see it on our os
  • Options
    Glad his staying although would also love to keep reid for another season. Since reidys been here it looks like his enjoying his football. Also semedo is a must to keep hold of. Would be the biggest lost of all if he goes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's get Semedo, S.Sodje and Bailey to sign extensions now too :)
  • Options
    When are you lot going to bloody realise BAILEY HAS FECKIN GONE for christ sake it is FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]When are you lot going to bloody realise BAILEY HAS FECKIN GONE for christ sake it is FACT

Where too then? Also where's the Shelvey revelations you were promising with such glee a month ago?
  • Options
    Im awaiting the nod from the powers that be. 5 clubs have expreesed a interest in Bailey 1 from div 1 ( no prizes for guessing who) and 4 from the championship.
  • Options
    The Shelvey revelations????? Did I miss something? Has he gone somewhere?
  • Options
    If we could cash in on Bailey and manage to keep Racon, Semedo and Sam I'd be over the moon. We've already slashed a fair amount off our wage bill it appears having released 8/9 now? I do enjoy this stage of any footballing calendar year - the doubt, the speculation and sheer anticipation. The likes of Dailly and Richardson's signings, which I was a little sceptical about pre-season turned out very well, as did some of our loans, which made a change from previous seasons, so in Parky I trust! Hopefully he'll be allowed to move quicte quickly.
  • Options
    if Lloyd Sam stays on much reduced wages it'll be no surprise to me. He's in the comfort zone at Charlton. He can put in crap performances week in and week out and yet get's away with it whilst still picking up his dough. He thinks everyone likes him and he is a local superstar. He's afraid to go and try his luck at another Club as he knows he'll be under more pressure there to perform and if he doesn't then he'll get pelters for it. I can't imagine Lloyd being able to hack it at very many Championship sides. That's why he'll stay even on half his current wages, no ambition and in the comfort zone. I'd rather he left and Wagstaff be given the opportunity to develop over the coming season.

Anyway, as previously said, he probably hasn't seen the contract offer yet and if asked by a Charlton fan is hardly likely to say he was off asap even if that was the case.
  • Options
    Quote from Big William. Damn

I've given away all my designer togs to charity in anticipation of Lloyds new range. Gotta spend the rest of the evening ripping open black bags outside Oxfam looking for them. end quote.

Thats funny BW because I understand his next line of clothes is based on the ripped bin bag look!
  • Options
    wouldn't expect him to say anything else when asked on the spot by a charlton fan.
  • Options
    Sceptical about this to be honest. I think he's gone.

I'd be happy if he stayed though. One of our few players of quality albeit inconsistent quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why is he staying? Is it out of loyalty or the fact that no one else wanted him. Maybe he wasn't rated as highly as some on here thought he was.
  • Options
    If he goes who do people expect to get as a replacement? If he goes I bet any winger we get in, or Wagstaff, is just as frustrating and inconsistent. I doubt we'd get someone with the goals and energy of Wagstaff, and the assists and quick feet of Sam.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]If he goes who do people expect to get as a replacement? If he goes I bet any winger we get in, or Wagstaff, is just as frustrating and inconsistent. I doubt we'd get someone with the goals and energy of Wagstaff, and the assists and quick feet of Sam.

Was Sam really that good with assists? Lets not get into the other players missed the chances argument and look at facts. Sam had an assist every 4.3 games and a goal every 10.75 games. Now although this maybe acceptable (just). For a winger who a lot of people keep saying how well he done with assists, I dont think its to impressive in fact i would say just below average when you consider he's played in his favoured position for 98% of the season. Reid had an assist every 5.3 games and a goal every 4 games. shelvey had an assist every 3.3 games and a goal in every 5 games. Racon well that was quite dire really an assist every 9.5 games and a goal in every 37 games.
  • Options
    And yet people want to keep Racon when he doesn't score, doesn't tackle, doesn't set up goals and doesn't get about the pitch with an "engine".

Ah, now I see why - "proper" Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]And yet people want to keep Racon when he doesn't score, doesn't tackle, doesn't set up goals and doesn't get about the pitch with an "engine".

Ah, now I see why - "proper" Charlton.

Ha ha i know it amazes me how he is held in such high regard by so many
  • Options
    i think this is good news......

why so down, oh actually dont answer that youll all just slag the chap...

for this division Sam has done some good things last yr, and I am pleased hes still here..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if Lloyd Sam stays on much reduced wages it'll be no surprise to me. He's in the comfort zone at Charlton. He can put in crap performances week in and week out and yet get's away with it whilst still picking up his dough. He thinks everyone likes him and he is a local superstar. He's afraid to go and try his luck at another Club as he knows he'll be under more pressure there to perform and if he doesn't then he'll get pelters for it. I can't imagine Lloyd being able to hack it at very many Championship sides. That's why he'll stay even on half his current wages, no ambition and in the comfort zone. I'd rather he left and Wagstaff be given the opportunity to develop over the coming season.

Anyway, as previously said, he probably hasn't seen the contract offer yet and if asked by a Charlton fan is hardly likely to say he was off asap even if that was the case.

I think you've answered your question on the CPFC Administration thread... what would happen if we had no rivals? Nothing. We'd just keep ripping our own players.

And you're right, it would be f'ing boring. It always is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]i think this is good news......

why so down, oh actually dont answer that youll all just slag the chap...

for this division Sam has done some good things last yr, and I am pleased hes still here..

Not slagging him just quoting his actual stats. If that is slagging him then he couldn't have done to many good things.
  • Options
    I see so many people questioning Sam's ability, even at League One level, when some of the same people were unfavourably comparing him 4 years ago with Premier League players. I would be astonished if anyone on here could name 3 or 4 players in league one who were better than Sam that would realistically fit into our team...I know (precisely to the number) Sam's wages, and believe me we could NOT do too much better.
  • Options
    So 10 assists a season... not bad..

for this league I think thats alright... and we are not going to get any better, I understand we has two overweigh drunk builders who can do a job as an attakcing right midfielder as back up...

So Ill take Sam thanks.....