Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam is STAYING!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    any chance we can get the stats on failed deliveries and cutting inside for no reason?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Those are just assists, I originally posted them, they're on the Football League website.

Ah ....... but it didn't include the assists for easy chances made, but team mates somehow missed.

Don't forget, Sam would be way out in front for assists if we'd had a clinical finisher or two. FACT!

;o)
    Would be interesting to see Sam play regularly in this league with a good partnership of two goalscorers up front.
  • Options
    I know Sam hasn't always come up with the goods, but when he's head to head with any opponent, he is a class above. At least a division better, if not two. nobody can tackle him when he's on it.

He just needs to get into games for longer, and find an end product once a match! Him staying is huge, IMHO.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Those are just assists, I originally posted them, they're on the Football League website.

Ah ....... but it didn't include the assists for easy chances made, but team mates somehow missed.

Don't forget, Sam would be way out in front for assists if we'd had a clinical finisher or two. FACT!

;o)

Dont forget we would have had a 30 goals a season striker if sam actually crossed it from time to time...FACT!
  • Options
    basically sam is a winger with some good attributes and some bad attributes.

skillfull and quick, but maybe lacking a football brain sometimes

if he had a football brain, aswell as being fast and skillfull, then he'd be a prem winger... FACT!

so be grateful for what we've got - a winger that scares most teams enough that they double up on him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bobbing along[/cite]basically sam is a winger with some good attributes and some bad attributes.

if he had a football brain, aswell as being fast and skillfull, then he'd be a prem winger... FACT!

so be grateful for what we've got - a winger that scares most teams enough that they double up on him

That's true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bobbing along[/cite]basically sam is a winger with some good attributes and some bad attributes.

Except we haven't got him, as his contract expires 30th June & it is unlikely he will sign another !
  • Options
    Unlikely ? Says who ?
  • Options
    Says Sam on p3 of this thread, which I have copied again here for you.

Is it worrying being an out of contract player in the current climate or is that now part and parcel of a footballer's career?

I'm accepting it and getting on with it I suppose. I wouldn't say I'm out of contract right now, I've got prospects. I don't want it to sound like I'm out of contract and that's the end of it. Say it was in August and I was out of contract it would be a lot worse.

Is it something that needs to be addressed in the modern game, as more and more players are now out of contract?

There are a lot of players out of contract, because obviously the money situation in football is not like it used to be. There are a lot of players, it's difficult.

Do you have any idea as to the standard you are aiming at and what level you would like to play?

I've played Premiership already and I've played two seasons in the Championship and one in League One. Obviously the aim is to move forward, so hopefully back in the Championship next season.

Is your future at Charlton at an end? And how difficult was it losing in the play-offs last season?

It's not completely been ruled out me being at Charlton next season. Obviously it's heartbreaking to get that close, the play-off semi-final. It's a heartbreaking thing.

What do you feel you would offer prospective employers? What do you feel are your best attributes?

Probably my best attribute is setting up goals. Next season I hope to add a few more goals.

Would you be prepared to go on trial at a club to prove yourself?

That's a difficult one. It depends what kind of club it is, it depends on the stature of the club. I would definitely go on trial though and back my ability.
  • Options
    Thanks forthat Covered end. Still would suggest it's far from unlikely imho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LLOYD Sam is wanted by four Championship clubs - but the winger hasn’t ruled out staying at Charlton.

Crystal Palace, Leeds, Coventry and Leicester have all expressed an interest in recruiting the 25-year-old, who is the Addicks’ longest-serving player, having first signed as a professional with the club in 2003.

Sam is available on a free transfer and has not yet been offered a new deal by Charlton, who have told their out-of-contract players they are free to assess their options as the club tries to trim its wage bill.

“If Charlton offer him a contract he will certainly consider it, but he hasn’t heard anything yet,” said Eric Walters, Sam’s agent.

“There’s been plenty of interest in Lloyd. There are a few teams in the Championship who have looked at him. Palace, Leeds, Leicester and Coventry have all said they might be keen on him and we’re in talks with all four of them."
  • Options
    It really will rub salt into our financial wounds if, following the fecklessness of Palace that led to administration, they are now in a position to offer Sam more than we can!

One has to try and conduct oneself honourably and professionally but something like this does make you wonder who the mugs are...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]this does make you wonder who the mugs are...
    Palace if they try and fit both Sam and Ambrose into their team. They've not sold Ambrose yet had they?
  • Options
    aint he gone yet? hardly knocking the door down for the "winger"
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6236216,00.html
    We are being linked with him, he was a Leeds lad as well apparently.
    Good luck for next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]aint he gone yet? hardly knocking the door down for the "winger"
    So many clubs after him he doesn't know who to choose ;-)
  • Options
    Sorry link not working, but it can be seen on main site.
  • Options
    dear dear leeds fancied you to do well in the championship as well.
  • Options
    I gather he's shit then lol
  • Options
    No, just inconsistent. But that's wingers for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]I gather he's shit then lol

Marmite player - very skillful and pretty hard working for a winger but short on end product sometimes. Many would be sad to see him leave, others will be pleased to be shot of him. I fall in the former category and suspect more will change their minds once they see what we're able to replace him with.
  • Options
    in one oaky enjoy.
  • Options
    29 Jun 2010 22:18:17
    Leeds will confirm double free signings Llyod Sam and Darrel Russel tomorrow. Then Thursday they'll sign a money signing.

(from Football Rumours but a Norwich supporting colleague told me this afternonn that Russel was signing for Leeds tomorrow so may be true)
  • Options
    Very sad to see him go. He could just pick up a bit of consistency at a bigger club and turn into one of the best CCC players OR he'll make too many mistakes early on and lose the crowd along with his confidence.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Did he have a decent game against Leeds in May?...i cant remember.