Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the Shard

Comments

• Options
    F*ck me thats a huge bird!!!!!!
  • Options
    two fantastic photos top quailty
  • Options
  • Options
    You had a look on the skyscraper site too stig?

Fair play to those guys, but jeez - there are over 200 pages (with about a dozen photos per page) of a building site on it - a single building site. And there was I thinking that I might be developing a bit of a fascination/obsession with it staring at it as I do every day whilst waiting for my train!
  • Options
    No, that's my own shot.
  • Options
    That first photo is great.
  • Options
    im guessing those crane drivers (or whatever they are called) are on top dollar?
  • Options
    4heronstichskyweb.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]im guessing those crane drivers (or whatever they are called) are on top dollar?

They must be, as they have their own banks man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh behave - is that real?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oh behave - is that real?

HDR I guess - cheating!
  • Options
    When will it become the tallest structure in Europe, it can't be that far off now.
  • Options
    I can't confirm its legitimacy but can confirm that it looks cool.

Probably a real photo that's had a touch up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]im guessing those crane drivers (or whatever they are called) are on top dollar?
    You'd be surprised. My Grandad was a crane driver for nearly thirty years. When you consider how brutal the job must be, he made fuck all really.
  • Options
    Could never go up a crane like that... just really couldn't do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Could never go up a crane like that... just really couldn't do it.

By the time I'd got to the top I'd need to come back down again for a piss!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Could never go up a crane like that... just really couldn't do it.

By the time I'd got to the top I'd need to come back down again for a piss!

it would be a pain if you left the keys in the office and didn't realise till you got up there.
  • Options
    Looks good tonight. Xmas lights on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Built with Qatari money and when it's finished you will allegedly be able to see the Valley from the top.

Is this a clue? And should admin therefore move this to the takeover thread?

Heard Simon Jenkins on the radio this morning saying it would look great in Dubai, but it's going to look downright stoopid next to Guys Hospital.

I know what he means...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Built with Qatari money and when it's finished you will allegedly be able to see the Valley from the top.[/quote]You'll need good eyes, the ground is in a Valley! Can see it from St. John's station. Personally I like the contrast with it being next to Guys but can see why some people would like it to be surrounded with other modern buildings.
  • Options
    You can see the tip of the lift shaft when walking down Harvey Gardens already. So presumably one of the Qatari's was up there reinforcing the lift shaft and spotted the ground and thought 'I'll have that.'
  • Options
    Simon Jenkins would have been against St Paul's when Christopher Wren proposed it
  • Options
    Get a really good view of this when i visit guys, have to go to the 21st floor, am going back in january nice close up for a photo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Simon Jenkins would have been against St Paul's when Christopher Wren proposed it

You nicked that line from David Aaranovich, Rothko!

But as Jenkins said in response, if DA can't tell the difference between the Shard and St Paul's, you have to feel a bit sorry for him...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Simon "wanker" Jenkins.......ex leader of English Heritage. An organisation/quango who have wasted thousands of pounds of Taxpayers money, stifling the modern development of our world beating capital city through our self serving court system. Taking advantage of our cumbersome, overbearing planning system, whilst seemingly being incapable of doing what it says on the tin, that is, looking after the heritage of England, ie; thousands of derelict historic properties, disgarded and left to rot. The man has no idea and should not be entertained as a source of reasonable even handed impartiality. "oh it is tall and modern...and you can't see St Pauls Cathedral from Jocasta's pad in Knightsbridge!"
    He "works" as the architecture correspondent for the London Evening sub-standard FFS, hardly a good reference for anything other than to wrap your potato peelings in before depositing them in the waste bin.

Up the Addicks!
  • Options
    Just came across this. Click on the "full page" button on the right and then zoom in - unbelievable quality. You can even see some people having a meeting through one of the windows in the London Bridge Hospital building!

Shard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Just came across this. !

Shard

Takes a bigger man than me to admit doing that over a picture of a huge erection on a football forum mate ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Just came across this. Click on the "full page" button on the right and then zoom in - unbelievable quality. You can even see some people having a meeting through one of the windows in the London Bridge Hospital building!

[url=http://www.willpearson.co.uk/high_resolution/shard-28-11-10.php]Shard[/url][/quote]

Off-it thanks for that it is truly an amazing building project. can't wait for a few more months when most of the main structure glass windows are in place.

Does any listers work on this in any capacity?
  • Options
    Used to work in it Strasburger when it was Southwark Towers. Looks sublime now.