Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the Shard

Comments

• Options
    went past yesterday on the train and there was quite low cloud. looked up and the building just disappeared into the sky. looked quality.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Just came across this. !

Shard

Takes a bigger man than me to admit doing that over a picture of a huge erection on a football forum mate ;-)

But what an erection!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Indeed! ;-)
  • Options
    I was going to become a crane operator a few years ago

I watched one get hit by lightening at a site in Ashford and it was immense, pretty much decided there and then that I wanted to operate them, the bigger the better.

The sway on one of those at The Shard would be something to make even the strongest sphyncter quake
  • Options
    You wanted to become a crane driver BECAUSE you saw one get hit by lightning?

MADMAN!
  • Options
    Nearly as it's peak. As for mad men, check out the link below!
    Climbing the shard.
  • Options
    On a good day you can see the Shard from the top of Dartford bridge, gives you something to look at when you are stuck in the queue for the tolls.
  • Options
    For anyone who likes architecture the cable car supports are now up and the cable across the river at the O2.
  • Options
    That is one scary looking building. Just needs an all seeing eye floating above the point.
    Kind of like it though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyone who likes architecture the cable car supports are now up and the cable across the river at the O2.
    You can see this walking down from Charlton Village to the ground, not sure how necessary it is though, surely you can get a tube to Canning Town then the DLR to the ExCel?
  • Options
    http://www.the-shard.com/inauguration/

A laser show from the Shard tomorrow night. Imagine you will see it from a far and wide.
  • Options
    Shame such a prestigious building was built with cheap labour
  • Options
    And they used a cheap fire alarm company.............bastards :-)
  • Options
    And they used a cheap fire alarm company.............bastards :-)
    and cable pullers.

• Options
    http://www.the-shard.com/inauguration/

A laser show from the Shard tomorrow night. Imagine you will see it from a far and wide.
    There was all lasers coming off of it last night

• Options
    What is wrong with cheap legal labour ?
  • Options
    Because it makes a mockery of the industry and training that skilled tradesmen have to go through. Local company as well, CHS Electrical from Chistlehurst
  • Options
    Because it makes a mockery of the industry and training that skilled tradesmen have to go through. Local company as well, CHS Electrical from Chistlehurst
    Here here!
  • Options
    And they deliberately designed it so there was hardly any roofing work!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want to know when we can expect The Eye of Sauron to turn up?
  • Options
    25 quid just to take the lift up?
    Are they serious - I just want to look out, not pay for a floor.
  • Options
    They have parking for 46 cars apparently. I think if I were spending £50m on my place I'd want a free cone to put out thrown in.
  • Options
    £25 to go to the viewing gallary. Seems a bit step if you have a family of four or five.
  • Options
    25 quid just to take the lift up?
    Are they serious - I just want to look out, not pay for a floor.
    ???

• Options
    So I walked up to the top of Occupation Lane, like many others last night, it was packed up there and up on Shooters Hill and what a load of cack that was!!
  • Options
    I was at London Bridge and you couldn't move. It was a complete showere of sh*te !! Went back into the wine bar for a glass of sauvignon blanc.
  • Options
    I could've seen it from my window but I forgot to look.
  • Options
    Seems to have been done for the journalists and TV cameras located at the Tower of London
  • Options
    I could've seen it from my window but I forgot to look.
    What area is your window?