Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Randolph to stay (ed. rumoured to be signing for Motherwell)

Met a customer today who was away in Magaluff last week.He met Randy who told him he was staying,this geezer aint a fan so hopefully weren't trying to fob him off.

Comments

• Options
    Could be good, he seemed a slightly better option as no1
  • Options
    If true I am pleased.
  • Options
    good, we need him in goal instead of our resident robert green
  • Options
    I can confirm he was definitely in Magaluf this week, behaving like a bit of a wally by all accounts as was another team member.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good, we need him in goal instead of our resident robert green
    Bit harsh. Would like to see Randy stay though, hopefully good competition for the number 1 spot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good, we need him in goal instead of our resident robert green
    Bit harsh. Would like to see Randy stay though, hopefully good competition for the number 1 spot

Agree Robbos been good for us when not injured plus i met him at Saints away in April and hes a legend of a bloke. To compare him to the howler Rob Green made is harsh. Am pleased Randy staying though because he was a good stand in.
  • Options
    I think Randy starts as Number One after the way he ended the season. Both lads will be excellant Keepers at a higher level in the future and this will probably be the last season we could keep both.

Most clubs in this league tend to have a regular plus a 'Warner type' veteren back up or promising youngster.
  • Options
    Good news
  • Options
    Good news! Somewhat like England, now we've got the goalkeeper sorted, just another 10 to go lol!
  • Options
    we aint sorted the england keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we aint sorted the england keeper.

Mr James didn't convince you then? To be fair he didn't have much to do in the last game so maybe you're right.
  • Options
    would keep him in,but liked hart in what i have seen.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I can confirm he was definitely in Magaluf this week, behaving like a bit of a wally by all accounts as was another team member.[/quote]

Thats what you do when you away is it not?
  • Options
    pleased he is staying and after the end to last season the shirt should be his to start. Even though I am a big fan of Elliot, he had fitness concerns last season so good to see we have two reliable keepers and we will not need to bring anyone in. (unless a Tony Warner scenario).
  • Options
    MOTHERWELL are set to sign goalkeeper Darren Randolph from Charlton Athletic as a replacement for outgoing Michael Fraser who could be on his way to South African champs Supersport United. (Daily Express)
  • Options
    I won't be happy until he signs a contract with us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I won't be happy until he signs a contract with us

+ 1 hopefully the reduced wages offered and our indecision on his future in the past won't be too much of an issue. Crosses everything including my eyes and falls off chair.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]MOTHERWELL are set to sign goalkeeper Darren Randolph from Charlton Athletic as a replacement for outgoing Michael Fraser who could be on his way to South African champs Supersport United. (Daily Express)

bit from leftfield not to have some truth in it.
  • Options
    Hope he stays. Not much in it between him and Elliot and Parky's got a tough decision ahead of him. Good problem to have though.
  • Options
    Randolph for number 1 this season. He's earned it and Robbie needs to show he is going to fight for it back. He lost a stone last pre season but I think he put it all back on during the season and that probably didn't help with his injuries (how many goalies get injured 3 or 4 times in a season?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=22872&headline=Darren

SHIT!
  • Options
    Will the last one out switch off the lights....
  • Options
    ffs
  • Options
    Will the last one out switch off the lights....
  • Options
    yikes, glad I haven't renewed yet, think I might wait til a senior first 11 is actually in place..
  • Options
    This disappoints me ,but does not surprise me.

The Ikeme incident showed he was not really rated by Parky until he was forced into playing him towards the end of the season. We now need an experienced Keeper to add to the other positions.

Richard Wright is now being linked with Palace , maybe Tony Warner should have been retained after all.
  • Options
    Parky's fault imo. As stated the whole Ikeme situation was a farce. Expect Warner to return as cover for Elliott or another 'old' keeper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]ffs

my exact thought !.....we are gonna need to bring in an awful lot of faces at this rate!, interersting times
  • Options
    great ....well at least the emperors new clothes can go back in goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]ffs

my exact thought !.....we are gonna need to bring in an awful lot of faces at this rate!, interersting times

worrying times, very worrying in fact.