Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Randolph to stay (ed. rumoured to be signing for Motherwell)

124»

Comments

• Options
    100% honesty I'm not that bothered rumour has it petr cech will sign next week.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Shame to see Randy go if he goes

I aint that bothered at the moment

We will have who we have and if your Charlton youll still go

me i am man yoo now so this lot can go to hell ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]me i am man yoo now so this lot can go to hell ;-)

Man Yoo? Shouldn't you be supporting your local club ....?
  • Options
    A lot of stick came my way when I slated Parky for his mishandling of the Ikeme situation as it was happening.
    Parky's man-management skills were woefully lacking in this particular case.
    Randolph came through when he finally got a chance, because there was no other alternative. And he proved how good he really is.

It isn't too much of a stretch to say, given how Randolph performed when given the chance, that had it come much sooner -- say during the Ikeme mess -- that Charlton might have won more than the two plus points that were ultimately needed for automatic promotion.
    That may sound harsh, but one more victory could easily have been swayed by Randolph's earlier inclusion.
  • Options
    I like Randolph but, and with the greatest respect to all concerned.....

If he is so good then how come the best that he can attract is a piss-poor Motherwell in the Jockball league?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I like Randolph but, and with the greatest respect to all concerned.....

If he is so good then how come the best that he can attract is a piss-poor Motherwell in the Jockball league?
    Although he did very well, he's not really proven much to everyone outside of the club. Around 10 starts doesn't show just how good he is.

Will be interesting to see how he does. A good season of regular football he could get a bigger move. A few mistakes early on and he might be dropped and end up back playing at this level.

I think he'll do well. If he gets a full season of regular football it'll test just how consistent he really is. Can't judge that properly over 10 games or so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I like Randolph but, and with the greatest respect to all concerned.....

Although he did very well, he's not really proven much to everyone outside of the club. Around 10 starts doesn't show just how good he is.

Will be interesting to see how he does. A good season of regular football he could get a bigger move. A few mistakes early on and he might be dropped and end up back playing at this level.

I think he'll do well. If he gets a full season of regular football it'll test just how consistent he really is. Can't judge that properly over 10 games or so.

From what I have seen of Randolph he is an excellent shot-stopper but his principal fault is his decision making in terms of coming off his line to clear the ball.

Not much between him and Elliott in my view.
  • Options
    agree with AA ..........7 goals conceded in 11.5 games at the end of the season ..... as i said at the beginning of last season we wont go up without a decent keeper ... we aint going up this year;-(
  • Options
    Cannot understand why anyone would be interested in playing in Scotland, even for Rangers/Celtic does not counteract the tedium of playing 9 substandard teams each season - dull
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Cannot understand why anyone would be interested in playing in Scotland, even for Rangers/Celtic does not counteract the tedium of playing 9 substandard teams each season - dull[/quote]

From 3rd choice in League 1 and staying with a Manager who has already told you're not wanted to first choice in the Scottish top flight, being shown regularly on TV against the likes of Rangers and Celtic and a chance to promote your chances as an International . As for "tedium" fans in glass houses and all that.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm guessing away at Hibs/Hearts/Rangers/Celtic might have the edge on Rochdale.
  • Options
    Plus Motherwell are in the Europa League qualifiers.
  • Options
    I reckon first team football plus greater TV exposure are the main attractions.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]A lot of stick came my way when I slated Parky for his mishandling of the Ikeme situation as it was happening.
    Parky's man-management skills were woefully lacking in this particular case.
    Randolph came through when he finally got a chance, because there was no other alternative. And he proved how good he really is.

It isn't too much of a stretch to say, given how Randolph performed when given the chance, that had it come much sooner -- say during the Ikeme mess -- that Charlton might have won more than the two plus points that were ultimately needed for automatic promotion.
    That may sound harsh, but one more victory could easily have been swayed by Randolph's earlier inclusion.

A lot of what you say is probably true.

However, unless you know the full facts and have been man managed by Parky I fail to see how you or I can criticise his man management skills in this matter.

Unless of course you know exactly what went on and why. If so please enlighten the rest of us.

Having said that, on what I've seen of Randolph and Elliot I'd be sorry to see Randolph go and think he has the edge over Robbie.

However, they both need first team football at this stage in their careers and that is not possible for both of them here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]However, unless you know the full facts and have been man managed by Parky I fail to see how you or I can criticise his man management skills in this matter.
    Agree, do find it strange when people say he's a terrible man manager (equally saying he is a brilliant man manager would be just as strange). There are examples both ways of him being a good and poor man manager. Wagstaff and Youga were two players that had little confidence and Parky turned that around for both of them.
  • Options
    be sorry to see Randy go as always thought he was agood keeper. But then so is Robbie. Remember Robbie is younger and less experienced so has good potential. be quite happy with either in goal next year to be honest
  • Options
    I would never have thought that a Charlton player would choose to go the Motherwell over us. Another measure of how far we have fallen. I wonder what the next slap in the face will be. One of Parkys targets choosing Yeovil. I am depressed.
  • Options
    http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1816&Itemid=134

Confirmed on the Motherwell OS. Three year contract, I think that's probably a big attraction. If he stayed here he'd get a 2 year deal at most, there he's got an extra year or two, should get regular football and a chance of playing in Europe. If he does well Celtic and Rangers would surely notice.