Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Randolph to stay (ed. rumoured to be signing for Motherwell)

Comments

• Options
    also we don't know if Randolph has been offered a new contract now or not by us. Maybe he hasn't and maybe Parky still doesn't like him for off-pitch reasons as opposed to his ability. However, I still feel the Ikeme situation was bad man management.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Reading between the lines, the Ikeme situation was quite possibly the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it was behind the scenes stuff that had been going on a while - and very little to do with Randolph's actual ability?

Oggy, just let the ranters rant, common sense is not required in some camps !

Point taken, AFKA.

;o)
  • Options
    Yeah I imagine Sir, having seen Rooney's poor performance in the world cup is already flicking through Parky's man management manual.

"Ah ken whit Parky wid dae! Ah'll get a shitey wee forward on loan and tell the laddie he's no goat the right attitude tae play fir us. It'll be the makin' o' him."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Yeah I imagine Sir, having seen Rooney's poor performance in the world cup is already flicking through Parky's man management manual.

"Ah ken whit Parky wid dae! Ah'll get a shitey wee forward on loan and tell the laddie he's no goat the right attitude tae play fir us. It'll be the makin' o' him."

LOL!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]does the Football League allow monkey rush?[/quote]

Haha very good!

Is any genuinely bothered who leaves now? It's all heading one way. We are at a point where we cant afford to host a pre season friendly ffs!
  • Options
    Edit - Mascot: it's not day one, it's month 17 or so. Following a record breaking relegation (sorry, i know I'm wading through old swamps, but I'm quite irritated) to league one and a failure to get back up. Not entirely his fault, we all agree, but some of it must be. Every year we're selling more and more of the family silver in order to hang onto the tin. I'd like to know when it is OK to criticise. If people with your view would accept Parky's errors in the likes of the Ikeme affair, I think the points would be better taken. More balance = more credibility.
  • Options
    Well as Oggy pointed out there is more to the story...

Day one of new season... is clearly what I meant...

I think Parky did very well last yr to take a side devoid of confidence and turn it around and miss out on automatic promotion by one win... then miss out on wembley by a penalty...

it is clear we have to sell everyone again and yes times are very very tough, however critising and moaning isnt going to do anything...

Time to support and back.. IMHO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Edit - Mascot: it's not day one, it's month 17 or so. Following a record breaking relegation (sorry, i know I'm wading through old swamps, but I'm quite irritated) to league one and a failure to get back up. Not entirely his fault, we all agree, but some of it must be. Every year we're selling more and more of the family silver in order to hang onto the tin. I'd like to know when it is OK to criticise. If people with your view would accept Parky's errors in the likes of the Ikeme affair, I think the points would be better taken. More balance = more credibility.

We've done nothing BUT criticise for the last couple of years - maybe now we can realise we are in the poop, and all get behind whats left of the team and rise from the ashes like we did all those years ago.

It's about time we forgot about the "look how far we've fallen" crap and moved on to the challenge of a) staying in business and b) forming a competitive team on a shoestring budget.

If you think there is a better manager who is available, very very cheap to employ, who knows this club and the playing squad AND can work with no money then please point him out.
  • Options
    the Moo2 comparison proves that we're trying to ship all our troublesome players off to Motherwell ...

Izzy has already got a Scottish name so he must be a shoe-in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Edit - Mascot: it's not day one, it's month 17 or so. Following a record breaking relegation (sorry, i know I'm wading through old swamps, but I'm quite irritated) to league one and a failure to get back up. Not entirely his fault, we all agree, but some of it must be. Every year we're selling more and more of the family silver in order to hang onto the tin. I'd like to know when it is OK to criticise. If people with your view would accept Parky's errors in the likes of the Ikeme affair, I think the points would be better taken. More balance = more credibility.

We've done nothing BUT criticise for the last couple of years - maybe now we can realise we are in the poop, and all get behind whats left of the team and rise from the ashes like we did all those years ago.

It's about time we forgot about the "look how far we've fallen" crap and moved on to the challenge of a) staying in business and b) forming a competitive team on a shoestring budget.

If you think there is a better manager who is available, very very cheap to employ, who knows this club and the playing squad AND can work with no money then please point him out.

this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reality is that at the ages of 23 /24 both Randolph and Elliot need to be playing first team football. Neither will benefit by sitting on the bench of a third division club.

There is not much to choose between them in my view. I'm surprised how quickly people have forgotten how well Elliot did for us prior to his injury. Darren had a good run of a dozen games or so but Elliot has also had similar runs.

Circumstances have conspired in that firstly Darren's contract has expired and secondly we are not in a position to offer anything wonderful to keep him. He has therefore, in all probability, made a career choice, now he is out of contract, to go and play somewhere he is more or less guaranteed a game every week.

Perfectly understandable from his perspective and I wish him all the best for the future if he does in fact leave. I'm confident that Robbie is a good man to have as Charlton's number one which most of you were indeed chanting just a few short months ago!
  • Options
    and to add will take people constantly insulting them while trying to do a very difficult job.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

That's exactly what Richard Murray has said.
  • Options
    I didn't see this much for support for Randolph after the Northwich game.
  • Options
    So he had a dozen decent games and now its unreal that he is leaving. I'll reserve judgement on this one, yes he looked good at the end of the season but also very casual
  • Options
    Mascot, I've backed Parky throughout - never once called for him to be sacked and think he's done a very respectable job in the circumstances. I've always said he got it wrong with Randolph too - I said it when he picked Elliot ahead of him to begin with, I said it when he overlooked him for Ikeme and I said it when he intermated he was free to go in January.

That's not getting the knives out for Parky at least not by me, it's just me calling this particular situation as I see it. Imo Randolph should have been our first choice keeper since we dropped out of the Premiership - at worst then I think we'd have got a fee for him because he'd been picked up by a bigger side as we dropped down the leagues. At best, we'd have tied him down to a longer contract by now and he'd have felt wanted and willing to stay. That's not all Parky's fault - Pardew signed Weaver who was both uneeded and not very good imo.

Doubtless he has stuff to learn, but I expect to see Randolph playing in the prem eventually and probably for Ireland too. As decent as Elliot may be I don't see him reaching that level and I worry he's going to be one of those players constantly battling his weight and fitness.

I'd still rather have him than Weaver though!
  • Options
    Personally, I preferred Charlie Wright.
  • Options
    I think this is all a cost cutting plan so we can keep the OS. Now down to just 9 player profile pages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Personally, I preferred Charlie Wright.

That's cause youre an old bugger like me Oggy!

He was a good keeper apart from letting goals in through his legs!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Its not really the Ikeme incident that annoys me, its the fact that Parky failed to see that Randolph was a better keeper than Elliott all along, just from watching warm ups before the game for the past 2 seasons, Randy looks such a more composed keeper than Robbie!Will be sad to see him go, but hey this is just the start guys, its going to be a month or so![/quote]

well there were very few supporting randi after the southampton incident with Paddy and then despite a strong performance against Northwhich his one error. because Elliot is a Charlton supporter there were many on here who could not see past that. its not juts down to Parkie.

If lloyd Sam has yet to see a contract who is to say that parkie has been able to show randolph a contract.

As for randolph regardless of the Ikeme incident, why would he want to show loyalty to a third division outfit when he can play at a higher level and get european experience with a former international manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I didn't see this much for support for Randolph after the Northwich game.

really ? He kept us in that game and was the only player able to look back on his performance and be happy with it. I can't remember much criticism at all.
  • Options
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/06/29/motherwell-signings-depend-on-the-sale-of-mark-reynolds-admits-boss-craig-brown-86908-22369883/
  • Options
    Sounds like it's nothing more than interest at the moment then.
    Meanwhile, Brown has put reports linking him with Charlton goalkeeper Darren Randolph down to the player's agent.

He explained: "I think it's his agent trying to promote things. That's what happens.

"When the agent phones and asks if you're interested and you don't say no, he thinks you're going to sign him. I didn't deny interest in him but that doesn't necessarily mean we are signing him."
  • Options
    So Randolph might not be going then ?
  • Options
    I blame this on the SLP !!
  • Options
    Come on large, you know the rules on here, if we have to blame a newspaper it has to be The Daily Mail
  • Options
    It amazed me that we kept both young keepers last season, so it should not be a surprise if one of them goes now (if indeed he is going!). Like several contributors above, I wonder what kind of squad will be cobbled together when the season starts. We'll have to get used to the reality of our situation - in the third tier and with no money.
  • Options
    just count ourselves lucky that we're still holding on to robbie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I blame this on the SLP !!

I blame Andrew Mills. And OohAah.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I blame this on the SLP !!

I blame Andrew Mills. And OohAah.

;o)

I blame the SDP - bloody David Owen...