Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Randolph to stay (ed. rumoured to be signing for Motherwell)

Comments

• Options
    Lets not forget that Bermudan chap we were going to trial
  • Options
    Im actually worried :(
  • Options
    Big loss imo. Robbie's alright Randolph is much better though imo. Parky to blame on this I think for the whole Ikeme debacle.
  • Options
    It's just gets better and better.

Meanwhile while the board for the 2nd year running take months and months to work out what we can't afford, (I thought Murray said we had a plan for both scenarios?) we lose more and more players and we can't have a squad of just 11 players with youngsters
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Not really a surprise, at best Randolph would have probably got the same money he's on now and just a 1 or 2 year contract. He might get a bit more money elsewhere and a longer contract, and guaranteed first team football (though I think he'd start as first choice here anyway). Potentially European football in the future as well.
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Meanwhile while the board for the 2nd year running take months and months to work out what we can't afford, (I thought Murray said we had a plan for both scenarios?) we lose more and more players and we can't have a squad of just 11 players with youngsters
    Can you blame them though? They need to make sure the Bailey deal definitely goes through and know just how much we'll get for him.
  • Options
    Sh*t, were going to need to get 5mill for Bailey to replace our squad that are walking away from us!

Randolph will be a big loss to us after the way he played at the end of last season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Big loss imo. Robbie's alright Randolph is much better though imo. Parky to blame on this I think for the whole Ikeme debacle.

Oh yeah thats right blame parky before the season even starts...... can we at least start the season with some support for the manager.....

he ahd a good run for the end of the season and showed his worth......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Big loss imo. Robbie's alright Randolph is much better though imo. Parky to blame on this I think for the whole Ikeme debacle.

Even those who support Parky must admit that he well and truely cocked-up with the Ikeme situation which only served to say to Randolph that Parky didn't rate him and that, together with him being told last summer and in January that he could go, has made him think he has no future at the Club under Parky despite a late run in the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Can you blame them though? They need to make sure the Bailey deal definitely goes through and know just how much we'll get for him.

I think it's been blatantly obvious to everyone on here how much we would be getting for Bailey since 2 weeks ago. The fact they have had plenty of time to sort out Sam/Burton/Randolph etc seems to me they don't want to keep them and will look for cheaper alternatives elsewhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Lets not forget that Bermudan chap we were going to trial

rumoured to be signing for Bournemouth - better beaches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah if my manager froze me out of the team and wouldn't give me a chance to prove myself. Then, turned to me in his hour of dire need, only to discover that I did have the ability, I'd be more than delighted to turn down better opportunities in order to show him the faith and loyalty that he'd not had in me. If you can't forgive your manager his dreadful man-management skills and judgement, then you're barely human IMO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I think it's been blatantly obvious to everyone on here how much we would be getting for Bailey since 2 weeks ago. The fact they have had plenty of time to sort out Sam/Burton/Randolph etc seems to me they don't want to keep them and will look for cheaper alternatives elsewhere.
    It's not been blatantly obvious though. We've seen all sorts of figures. £1m, £1.4m, £1.5m and mentions of clauses. There's a big difference in getting £1m or £1.4m for him.

It does seem they're willing to let those players leave if they want to. Going to be a hard season and I'd definitely take mid table at the moment.
  • Options
    maybe we are resigning Nicky Weaver
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Its not really the Ikeme incident that annoys me, its the fact that Parky failed to see that Randolph was a better keeper than Elliott all along, just from watching warm ups before the game for the past 2 seasons, Randy looks such a more composed keeper than Robbie!Will be sad to see him go, but hey this is just the start guys, its going to be a month or so!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Yeah if my manager froze me out of the team and wouldn't give me a chance to prove myself. Then, turned to me in his hour of dire need, only to discover that I did have the ability, I'd be more than delighted to turn down better opportunities in order to show him the faith and loyalty that he'd not had in me. If you can't forgive your manager his dreadful man-management skills and judgement, then you're barely human IMO

Nice !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I think it's been blatantly obvious to everyone on here how much we would be getting for Bailey since 2 weeks ago. The fact they have had plenty of time to sort out Sam/Burton/Randolph etc seems to me they don't want to keep them and will look for cheaper alternatives elsewhere.

Well, Richard Murray did warn us after failing to get promotion ........ I can't quite recall the interview, but he said something along the lines that "......club finances would rule decision making, a couple of players sold to raise funds, and the whole playing budget reduced to League One levels; and to expect a lean, competitive side challenging for playoff places rather than a side to walk away with the Division."

Words to that effect, anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]maybe we are resigned to Nicky Weaver

!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Well, Richard Murray did warn us after failing to get promotion ........ I can't quite recall the interview, but he said something along the lines that "......club finances would rule decision making, a couple of players sold to raise funds, and the whole playing budget reduced to League One levels; and to expect a lean, competitive side challenging for playoff places rather than a side to walk away with the Division."

Words to that effect, anyway.

there's lean and then there's skelatal, we are down to the bare bones.
  • Options
    fortunately there are no games until the month after next
  • Options
    Hang on a minute - before we all go off on one about Ikeme - didn't Randy simply refuse to play for Hereford whilst on loan and ended up back at Charlton. In the last year of his contract at a club where he was number 2 I am guessing he maybe wasn't applying himself that much in training.

I've said before how his mannerisms are not exactly professional and he always looks lethargic, maybe, just maybe, thats how he trains on a daily basis and that's all Parky was seeing.

Randolph played well at the end of the season but how much of that was about getting noticed and getting a move somewhere else.

I've always liked Randolph as a goalie and think he has a lot of potential BUT I don't want to dig out Parky for the whole Ikeme situation when we don't know the full facts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not knowing the full facts and using the same reasoning how do we know that Moo2 hasn't been hard done by ?
  • Options
    Randolph hasn't actually gone anywhere yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Its not really the Ikeme incident that annoys me, its the fact that Parky failed to see that Randolph was a better keeper than Elliott all along, just from watching warm ups before the game for the past 2 seasons, Randy looks such a more composed keeper than Robbie!Will be sad to see him go, but hey this is just the start guys, its going to be a month or so!

The club has been well aware of Randolph's potential for a long time now, of course - and Parky would have been totally familiar with his ability.

Reading between the lines, the Ikeme situation was quite possibly the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it was behind the scenes stuff that had been going on a while - and very little to do with Randolph's actual ability?

Remember, he was literally sacked in the early autumn from his season long loan at Hereford, for disciplinary reasons.
    Ineligible to play until January, Randolph returned to Charlton under a cloud.

Don't forget also, it was reported that Parky was prepared to write off Randolph's contract, if a club had come in for him during the January transfer window.

But did something change in attitude/relations when no clubs apparently showed an interest in that January window?
    Once Elliot was injured, Parky wasted no time in bringing in the hugely experienced and ex-Prem Tony Warner - allegedly Warner being offered a bigger wage than Millwall offered. But Parky never played him, this time preferring to give Randolph the gloves.

So make of it what you will. But it strikes me there has been more to this than meets the eye.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite] didn't Randy simply refuse to play for Hereford whilst on loan and ended up back at Charlton. [/quote]

thats right

and we all know how parky feels about unprofessionalism
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]not knowing the full facts and using the same reasoning how do we know that Moo2 hasn't been hard done by ?

We don't. But something must have gone very pear shaped to have been cast out as much as he was.
  • Options
    Parky might be the guy that sorted him out after all the problems he had at hereford...

These knives weve got for parky before a ball is even kicked in a situation where the team will be sold from under him is typical of the way charlton fans have been reacting to out decline...

We need to unite now more than ever...

Or alternatively we can go down there a spit at him and boo him from day one and see if we can finally motivate him.......ffs
  • Options
    If he does go, then all the best to Randy. Showed he is a fine keeper and first team football at Motherwell, he should excel and a chance at getting into the Irish set up again.

I doubt if Charlton can afford to have two keepers of the standard of Randy/Elliot and have one sitting on the bench. Personally I would rather we have one of them as Number 1, a Tony Warner type reserve and the money saved on wages going towards strengthening outfield players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Reading between the lines, the Ikeme situation was quite possibly the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it was behind the scenes stuff that had been going on a while - and very little to do with Randolph's actual ability?

Oggy, just let the ranters rant, common sense is not required in some camps !
  • Options
    does the Football League allow monkey rush?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]and we all know how parky feels about unprofessionalism

Spot on. Parky's more interested in trying to create the right character and spirit in the side.
    Anybody who's disruptive or not playing the game, gets short shrift.

Alan Curbishley did just the same at Charlton.