Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany: 27th June 2010.

Comments

• Options
    The entire back four have been cack - how far out of position was Johnson for their second goal? I'm pleased for Upson that he scored because you could tell from the commentary that they were already lining him up as a scapegoat for the defeat.
  • Options
    Neither centre back has pace and that has done us.

Glad Upson scored because, whatever subsequently happens, otherwise he would have copped all the flak and "he who can do no wrong"Terry would have escaped scotfree.

Blatantly over the line for Lampard's goal but, strangely, I'm relatively sanguine about it having been around in 1966 when the Germans probably were cheated.

I just hope England show some balls and come out fighting for the second half rather than dwelling on a dodgy decision which has gone now.
  • Options
    UEFA use 5 officials and FIFA use 3.
  • Options
    we have been totally crap but come on that was a goal and it's a disgrace it wont stand. Germans should walk the ball into the back off the net at the start of second half. fair play? mockery of sport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Neither centre back has pace and that has done us.

Glad Upson scored because, whatever subsequently happens, otherwise he would have copped all the flak and "he who can do no wrong"Terry would have escaped scotfree.

Blatantly over the line for Lampard's goal but, strangely, I'm relatively sanguine about it having been around in 1966 when the Germans probably were cheated.

I just hope England show some balls and come out fighting for the second half rather than dwelling on a dodgy decision which has gone now.

My missus asked whether Terry is trying to get one over on Cappelo. I don't know about that but he just looks rubbish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]we have been totally crap but come on that was a goal and it's a disgrace it wont stand. Germans should walk the ball into the back off the net at the start of second half. fair play? mockery of sport.

If that the case, then Ireland would have been playing in South Africa.
  • Options
    We were getting all the possesion, they were getting all the punishment. Maybe it was divine justice for lampar and Gerrard being even more out of position than Terry and Upson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]we have been totally crap but come on that was a goal and it's a disgrace it wont stand. Germans should walk the ball into the back off the net at the start of second half. fair play? mockery of sport.

If that the case, then Ireland would have been playing in South Africa.

Not necessarily - they'd have still have to have won a penalty shoot-out.

The Germans are under no obligation to level things up. The referees are there to make those calls and that really was a very very poor bit of refereeing.

Regardless of this particular incident, I cannot understand why goaline technology is not in place these days - it's a black and white decision and about the only thing in football that has a definite outcome - either it's a goal or not. Even panlties might be missed but if it's over the line it's a goal. It's such a fundamental thing for the integrity and justice of the sport that I cannot understand why anyone would want to leave things like thay are now the tech exists to improve on the flaw.
  • Options
    because Blatter's a cu cu cu ...wally
  • Options
    Is it me or does Judas Defoe look like he's slower here than usual?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Is it me or does Judas Defoe look like he's slower here than usual?

He's not been in it much. Benty would have buried that header in the first half - FACT!
  • Options
    If Bent were German he'd have had 5.

Game's up now though - it's all Terry's fault, I've decided. Contemptible little git.
  • Options
    Dear oh dear, more comedy stuff. Too mnay strolling back, thise that got back went straight to the ball like a bucnh of school kids and James was on his way down before the shot was on it's way.
  • Options
    It's all over now baby blue

Is that fat non-national anthem singing scouse lump actually playing?
  • Options
    and again...

shocking.
  • Options
    Never fear...Heskey's here!
  • Options
    Golden generation my arse.
  • Options
    Terry, you look like a girl in your spazy white boots, running around like Nicky Bailey with his head cut off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Is it me or does Judas Defoe look like he's slower here than usual?

On second thoughts, they all look like they're made out of lead in comparison to the Germans. Simply dreadful stuff.
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]If Bent were German he'd have had 5.

Game's up now though - it's all Terry's fault, I've decided. Contemptible little git.

All the big players have been a huge let down - only really Gerrard has come close to a good performance and he didn't get that close. Wayne 'Best Player in the World' Rooney has been virtually anonymous throught the whole tournament and Terry has been absolute gargbage in this game and completely AWOL for all 4 goals.

Capello and Upson will doubtless cop the blame, but the truth behind it is we don't currently have the players to mount a serious challenge at the World Cup and anyone who could look through the clouded vision of being an England fan knew that before the tournament started.

Having said that, they've been made to look like a bunch od cu cu cu Wallies today and no international defence from a league of the standard of England's should ever look this bad - it's been like N.Korea vs Portugal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]Terry, you look like a girl in your spazy white boots, running around like Nicky Bailey with his head cut off.

Oh Nicky Bailey you are the love of my life,
    Oh Nicky Bailey I'd let you shag my wife
    Oh Nicky Bailey I wish my neck spurted blood tooooo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way near as painful as the Play Off Semi Final defeat to Swindon. Or is that just me?
  • Options
    no, it's not just you. Never cared that much for England.

Charlton promotion or england win world cup? Charlton every time. Come to think of it, same would go for winning away at Millwall.
  • Options
    has heskey had a touch yet?
  • Options
    Utter embarrasing sh**te. Expecting call from my Scottish pals at any moment.
  • Options
    Classic example of how over hyped our England stars are. Inept at every level. Capello to blame ? Possibly should take some critisism but for me it's the players who have let us down.
  • Options
    They are just a football team
    It is the media who build them up to be world beaters when clearly they are nothing more than an average collection of the higheast paid players in world football.
    Money does not equal talent and the sooner the British realise that the better.
  • Options
    Oh well, three days in France next week,at least they've got nothing to laugh about.
  • Options
    Good. Glad Germany are through. Much better team to watch for the neutral.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    One man has to take responsibility for that. The highest paid manager in the world cup. If Capello is not responsible for the way the team plays then why pay him £6 million a year? What has Capello been doing with these players for the last 3 weeks?
  • Options
    At least we can enjoy World Cup now