Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany: 27th June 2010.

Comments

• Options
    The worst performance i have ever seen from an english team

Rooney = WHO

Terry = WHO

Lampard= WHO

Gerrard= WHO

world class dont make me laugh a disgrace to their proud nation and passionate fans they can all hang their inmternational shirts up and walk away
  • Options
    and why did the FA remove the break clause in his contract BEFORE this abject failure?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]One man has to take responsibility for that. The highest paid manager in the world cup. If Capello is not responsible for the way the team plays then why pay him £6 million a year? What has Capello been doing with these players for the last 3 weeks?
    Bollocks. It's not Capello's fault that the FA are stupid enough to pay him 6 million quid a year is it? It's the players' fault - they're the ones who are supposed to go out there and perform. They're not good enough, simple as that. Rooney, Terry and Johnson in particular today were absolutely abysmal. I think marking them as a three would be generous.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or is Hansen desperately trying to make excuses for Terry?
  • Options
    It would not surprise me if Capello resigns and does not seek to have his contract paid up. I like Capello and I think he has a tremendous record as a coach. But there can be no question that his first job as an international manager has been an unmitigated disaster.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]One man has to take responsibility for that. The highest paid manager in the world cup. If Capello is not responsible for the way the team plays then why pay him £6 million a year? What has Capello been doing with these players for the last 3 weeks?

Dealing with a bunch of over paid ego ridden children who are desperate for it not to be "their" fault...

If I was Capello Id run, absilutely the worst job in the world....

No manager can do anything with this team particularly with the media doing what it does...

All of those players are multi multi millionaires, and with the nonsense build them up, kncok them down rubbish that is the british press its a poison chalice...

The argies would have hit us for 7....

the point is to go so over the top and flood their area with 35 mins left... TWICE was absolute 10 yr old football..

and the first goal was worse than Diawara at Wigan...

Good job I dont really care, wont lose any sleep over it........'

TEerry .... total wally...
  • Options
    Wot Leroy said.

Another triumph for "The Golden Generation"
  • Options
    Think I'll follow mad Maradona's mob from here on in.
  • Options
    Hope the England Supporters still in the Stadium are allowed to wait for the England "players(?)" "warm-down.
    Let them 'ave it Boys !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Bollocks. It's not Capello's fault that the FA are stupid enough to pay him 6 million quid a year is it? It's the players' fault - they're the ones who are supposed to go out there and perform. They're not good enough, simple as that. Rooney, Terry and Johnson in particular today were absolutely abysmal. I think marking them as a three would be generous.

You obviously have not got a clue about what role the manager/coach plays in top football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The beaten generation, more like.
  • Options
    agree with shooters hill.

Over rated players especially Gerrard.

Just not world class or even close to it.

In every tournament we go out as soon as we face a decent side. Same again this time.
  • Options
    F*** Me !

Not even the quarter-Finals this time........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

You obviously have not got a clue about what role the manager/coach plays in top football.

In all honesty I suppose that the manager and players have not got it right and blame should be shouldered by all.
  • Options
    Blame TERRY.......

I dont like him one bit...

wont get blamed though the guy whos worth a fifth of him Upson will get balmed, even though he scored, and Capello...

I hope Capello tells some home truths...
  • Options
    A fan was interviewed outside the ground on Sky News a few minutes ago and said that we 'get taken to school' at every tournament, which is too true.

They were the first good team we played, but in truth the warning signs were there against Slovenia.
    And we'd have been battered by Argentina anyway.

As for Capello - thought he's done a decent job up until this tournament, but bringing on Heskey when we needed goals to get back in the game...?
  • Options
    Germany a so so team against a defence who were so sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww stunning how bad we were.

Capelo to blame ? he picked Heskey over Bent he plays Gerrard out of position he brought Heskey on when we needed to score 2.

Outplayed by the USA
    Outplayed by Algeria
    Outplayed by Germany

just how slow are Johnson and Upson ?
  • Options
    meh !

no point looking for an individual scapegoat, whole thing was disaster from start to finish (WC not just this match)
  • Options
    "quote# 39

Posted By: guinnessaddick

Posted By: johnny73we have been totally crap but come on that was a goal and it's a disgrace it wont stand. Germans should walk the ball into the back off the net at the start of second half. fair play? mockery of sport.

If that the case, then Ireland would have been playing in South Africa.

Not necessarily - they'd have still have to have won a penalty shoot-out.

The Germans are under no obligation to level things up. The referees are there to make those calls and that really was a very very poor bit of refereeing.

Regardless of this particular incident, I cannot understand why goaline technology is not in place these days - it's a black and white decision and about the only thing in football that has a definite outcome - either it's a goal or not. Even panlties might be missed but if it's over the line it's a goal. It's such a fundamental thing for the integrity and justice of the sport that I cannot understand why anyone would want to leave things like thay are now the tech exists to improve on the flaw. "

Thought it was a travesty that Ireland went out the way they did.
  • Options
    Good news for Benty - at least he's not associated with all that sh1te.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So whats next? Would it be too harsh for a new manager to drop all the players who will be too old for the next World Cup, i.e Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, James...Pleeeeeeease Heskey, take a gamble on the Euros and build over the next 4 years with younger players?
  • Options
    England's "golden generation?"

Reminds me of Palace's "team of the eighties."

Apologies if I've posted this before!
  • Options
    England will never win anything so long as the Premier League remains so financially powerful. The German league backs their national team by the way they play, bring youth through and rest their players at vital times (Winter break).
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]A fan was interviewed outside the ground on Sky News a few minutes ago and said that we 'get taken to school' at every tournament, which is too true.

Problem is we never learn. The FA let loose a monster when they created the Premier League
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]England will never win anything so long as the Premier League remains so financially powerful. The German league backs their national team by the way they play, bring youth through and rest their players at vital times (Winter break).
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]A fan was interviewed outside the ground on Sky News a few minutes ago and said that we 'get taken to school' at every tournament, which is too true.

Problem is we never learn. The FA let loose a monster when they created the Premier League

100% Spot on. We didn't even learn throughout the game after they continually exposed our high defensive line! Did our players not watch the Australia game!?
  • Options
    Maybe, just maybe, the popular press and Sky and MOTD and the rest will realise now that basically we are technically not very good and stop trying to sell us a pup at every turn. Movement, passing, marking, positonal sense, finishing, control, etc, etc all been proven to be second rate over the last couple of weeks but you just know that come August we'll all be told that the Premiership is the best league in the world jam packed with 'World Class' English players. Unfortunately I think that they believe it more than anybody else.

Shower of scheisse.
  • Options
    Ok we got hammered. However the goal that never happened did play a role in the final scoreline. We would not have been attacking so much, and getting caught on the counter, if we had been 2-2.

That said I don't like excuses and today we were woeful and deserved to lose.

Personally I think we lacked depth in the squad. Failed to play as a team. Generally failed to play as individuals. Had an internal split between the Manager and team. Had internal splits between players. I can't even tell you what formation or style of football we were meant to playing in the whole 4 games. Where did we go wrong? Everywhere!

If we were going to lose, glad it was in such a comprehensive way, no excuses. Something has to change.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

They were the first good team we played, but in truth the warning signs were there against Slovenia.
    And we'd have been battered by Argentina anyway.

As for Capello - thought he's done a decent job up until this tournament, but bringing on Heskey when we needed goals to get back in the game...?

I'm not 100% the Argies will get past a dangerous Mexico side, but whichever one of the two we'd have played, they'd have pulled us to pieces with their pace on the break.

At least I'm getting a fiver out of Sure for Men as a result oof the Germans going through.

The players have underperformed, but exoectation is always tooo high as well imo and that's not their fault - that's the fans and the media. Capello doubtless got some calls wrong too. I think the biggest villain of the peace here though is the FA's woeful running of player development.

Charlton will likely have at least 5 non UK players plus a Scot in our 1st team next year in League fricking 2 - how are we suppose to bring players through? The late devvelopers don't stand a chance, only the boy wonders like Rooney really get a chance and they eventually crumble under the massive over hype and expectation. You're just not going to get value for money on your £6M p/a manager if he's got such a small pool of talent to choose from - it's getting one for 20 years and 15 years respectively since we produced a proper left midfielder (Barnes) and and genuinly creative playmaker (Gazza) and neither of them really truly fulfilled their potential for differing reasons.
  • Options
    The only world class English player is Ashley Cole. It starts from the age of 5 upwards and we just haven't got a clue in this country how to coach kids to be comfortable with a football at their feet.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. BYE CAPELLO.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Joachim Low and myself often went over to Premier League games and tried to implement a style that really creates more speed and more creativity.

"As a result, there is a now a generation of German players coming through that have become used to that system and are comfortable with it.

"The players have grown into it and Joachim is continuing that by telling the players they have to be proactive and highly energetic going forward, with only one or two touches if possible."

From Jurgen, really says it all, teaching all their youth to play our game and do it much much better than us. We take about 5 seconds to play a sidewards pass.

Don't care how shit or little either of them have played for United, Carrick and Hargreaves both suit international football and both of them and Lampard/Gerrard or even Wilshere and we might look better.