Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serge Deble

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
to Wigan ??

played for us eight times, netting twice. Missed those appearances. Was he any good ??

Comments

• Options
    Was a bit anonymous, but ghosted past the defences for his goals.
  • Options
    thats why we brought him back then - to sell him

short-term it would be a good deal if we get a £1m or so. wigan wont get a work permit and will have to loan him out like we did. might one to regret in the future though.
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]thats why we brought him back then - to sell him

short-term it would be a good deal if we get a £1m or so. wigan wont get a work permit and will have to loan him out like we did. might one to regret in the future though.

Agreed. If he's a talent, I'd love to hang onto him and if we can get a work permit then maybe we should - seeing as he's a striker. But if we were offered a million pounds plus, maybe, add-ons that would make a massive difference to our short term future and would make it a bit of a no-brainer, especially if he's still not eligable for a work permit.

That would make nearly £4m worth of player sales since April, plus a few off the wage bill - things would look a lot less bleak in that situation (although still far from rosey).
  • Options
    if we were gonna get a million for a player who has never played for us would it have been necessry for Gritty to go.
  • Options
    he played for us???

err when?
  • Options
    What have I missed? When did he play and score for us?
  • Options
    Oh this is the bloke in the other thread... be realistic, we're not gonna get a million for him.
  • Options
    When did he score 2 goals in 8 games? Have I missed something?
  • Options
    Can't you remember the game against Arsenal? He Serged past a couple of players to score. Think he got a Deble that day, although the second was from the spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's brilliant on Football Manager, I know that much!
  • Options
    I saw him score a cracker once against Real Madrid in the Champions League semi. Pards brought him on for Dean Sinclair and he went on the score the winner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Can't you remember the game against Arsenal? He Serged past a couple of players to score. Think he got a Deble that day, although the second was from the spot.

I've got serious competition here!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Can't you remember the game against Arsenal? He Serged past a couple of players to score. Think he got a Deble that day, although the second was from the spot.

I've got serious competition here!

Not competition Oggy, mearly a student of your good self.
  • Options
    come on, when did he play for us, i've never heard of him?
  • Options
    He's never played for us hence no work permit

I say getting anything above £500k would be good business and papers value him at 1 million so who knows, never seen him play whether he is the next big thing or not we could do with the funds
  • Options
    whoever wrote that article probably used his highly reliable wikipedia page for info... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serge_Deble & that was probably updated by his agent!

He's one of a number of mysterious players we seem to own/have owned through some very unpublicised feeder club relationship dating back to the glory days with a club called Asec Mimosas in ivory coast (the same club several players such as kalou, yaya & kolo toure & emmanuel eboue amongst others came through).
    Basically the only source of information about it is Football Manager (where these players generally seem highly rated!) and, there used to be a one sentence footnote about the Asec Mimosas link on the "overseas" section of our website.
  • Options
    Wasn't he in Top Cat (Officer Deble) before he was promoted to Sarge?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FatterThanAndyReid[/cite]Basically the only source of information about it is Football Manager (where these players generally seem highly rated!) and, there used to be a one sentence footnote about the Asec Mimosas link on the "overseas" section of our website.
    I do the research for Charlton in Football Manager, most of the information is down to whatever the French researchers enter (or wherever they've been on loan to, Soro was in Belgium for a bit, and another two in Norway). I don't think they know all the details either. I know as much about them as anyone else on here, not much at all. I think Serge Deble is possibly the only one still with us, though I don't even know if he definitely is. The Angers website said he had come back here but that doesn't mean much.
  • Options
    Appartently a Deble is a wooden figure carved in the form of a woman by the Senufo people of West Africa and used as a “rhythm pounder” in certain rituals... every club should have one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/7244803.stm

And a quote from the article:
    Charlton's signings are all registered to the Football Association in England but are, or will be, placed at clubs in European countries whose work permit regulations are less stringent.

When the players qualify for a European passport, a process which usually takes two years, they should be eligible to join up with Charlton.

Mmm.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/7244803.stm

And a quote from the article:
    Charlton's signings are all registered to the Football Association in England but are, or will be, placed at clubs in European countries whose work permit regulations are less stringent.

When the players qualify for a European passport, a process which usually takes two years, they should be eligible to join up with Charlton.

Mmm.

The renaissance starts here. Phoenix from the flames! Believe!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite] I think Serge Deble is possibly the only one still with us, though I don't even know if he definitely is.

We still have Kia Ora, though sadly Um Bongo appears to be no longer with us
  • Options
    What happened to Orin Gina and Fye Valive?
  • Options
    So that means Deble is now able to play for us?

Woop woop..... Hopefully he can be the next darren bent for us if we dont sell him!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Wasn't he in Top Cat (Officer Deble) before he was promoted to Sarge?
    Maybe that's his name in the French version
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I think Serge Deble is possibly the only one still with us, though I don't even know if he definitely is.

We still have Kia Ora, though sadly Um Bongo appears to be no longer with us

oh well, i'll be your dog.
  • Options
    Is anyone able to confirm or deny whether they do in fact drink Um Bongo in the Congo?
  • Options
    Sunny Delight I heard.
  • Options
    This is probably a load of nonsense put out by his agent Rubi. Infact I see a Rubi-con.