Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serge Deble

Comments

• Options
    ... Fail
  • Options
    Um Bongo. Is he from the democratic republic or just congo? Personally I wouldn't accept Leopold's black gold for any of his players.
  • Options
    Don't care who he is or what he can do if we can get anything close to £500k for him upfront I'd take it. Desperate times, desperate measures.
  • Options
    Do we actually own him?

£1m for him would hopefully allow us to keep Semedo/Racon
  • Options
    What is the actual situation with this guy?
    If Wigan buy him do we get the fee or do Angers get the fee? Do we actually even own him?
  • Options
    he's our player - we hold his registration. the plan was he was to stay at Angers on loan until he gains french citizenship (by living and working in the country for 5 years... or marrying a french girl) or we can obtain a work permit for him. Then Angers reported that Deble has finished with them and then there was the story about wigan being interested. this sounds like we have recalled him in order to sell him. makes sense, we're no longer in a position to have players on the books that can't play for us.
  • Options
    He must be a decent talent as Ivory Coast won this summers U21 Toulon tournament and he was voted player of the tournament.
  • Options
    It might be a different situation for him to play in France, as they've no doubt got some sort of 'Commonwealth' arrangement with Ivory Coast, as their former colony.

If Wigan are genuinely interested in signing him, we'll have to see if he gets a work permit.

Now, of course ..... if Arsenal or Man Utd signed him, a work permit would be granted without hesitation! ;o)

PS: Solution ......!!
    Charlton sell Deble for £1m to Arsenal = work permit granted.
    And then Arsenal loan the player back to us for a season long loan!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It might be a different situation for him to play in France, as they've no doubt got some sort of 'Commonwealth' arrangement with Ivory Coast, as their former colony.

If Wigan are genuinely interested in signing him, we'll have to see if he gets a work permit.

Now, of course ..... if Arsenal or Man Utd signed him, a work permit would be granted without hesitation! ;o)

Make it £3M and you have a deal.
    [b]PS: Solution ......!![/b]
    Charlton sell Deble for £1m to Arsenal = work permit granted.
    And then Arsenal loan the player back to us for a season long loan![/quote]
  • Options
    Is there anything official, anywhere, that says this bloke is our player, and if he is where is he now and why isnt he training with us and playing in friendlies?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe we should sell him to liverpool and they could loan him back to us using our so called partnership deal
  • Options
    If we can get 100 quid id be surprised... I cant see how hes ours,
  • Options
    I don't know what the situation is but I very much doubt that anyone has offered £1m for him.

If they had whoever it was would be in surgery now having the hand that Charlton snatched off sown back on.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Is there anything official, anywhere, that says this bloke is our player, and if he is where is he now and why isnt he training with us and playing in friendlies?

there is a story somewhere on cafc.co.uk but it would take some digging, here's one from bbc.co.uk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/7244803.stm

he isn't training or playing in friendies because he hasn't got a work permit. no work permit - no play. we can only speculate to why he has returned from Angers. it's most likely that we will sell him... but you never know, maybe he's marrying an english girl in the summer, which will make getting permit easier.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Is there anything official, anywhere, that says this bloke is our player, and if he is where is he now and why isnt he training with us and playing in friendlies?

If he is ours and we can't get a work permit for him then why would he be training with us and playing in friendlies?
  • Options
    Although I don't suppose he would need a work permit to visit Sparrows Lane, do a spot of training with the lads and play practice matches.

He'd just be on 'holiday', surely?
  • Options
    I'd say "returned from Angers" doesn't necessarily mean he's to this country or anything, just that they've ended/not extended his loan he is now our player. Could be living in France, since he has been on loan over there for a while now.
  • Options
    this is what the angers website said:

Serges DEBLE traverse la Manche
    Serges DEBLE, dont les performances lors du tournoi de Toulon ne sont pas passées inaperçues, retourne à Charlton.

Ce retour, qui s’appuie sur la progression de Serges tout au long de son passage en Anjou, vient conforter et renforcer les excellentes relations entre Angers SCO et Charlton.

using babelfish this translates to

Serges DEBLE crosses the English Channel.
    Serges DEBLE, whose performances at the time of the tournament of Toulon did not pass unperceived, turns over to Charlton. This return, which is based on the Serge progression throughout his passage in Anjou, comes to consolidate and reinforce the excellent relations between Angers SCO and Charlton. The whole of the Club wishes in Serges all success that he deserves.

if there's anyone who translate with more accuracy then we might get a better picture.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]this is what the angers website said:

Serges DEBLE traverse la Manche
    Serges DEBLE, dont les performances lors du tournoi de Toulon ne sont pas passées inaperçues, retourne à Charlton.

Ce retour, qui s’appuie sur la progression de Serges tout au long de son passage en Anjou, vient conforter et renforcer les excellentes relations entre Angers SCO et Charlton.

using babelfish this translates to

Serges DEBLE crosses the English Channel.
    Serges DEBLE, whose performances at the time of the tournament of Toulon did not pass unperceived, turns over to Charlton. This return, which is based on the Serge progression throughout his passage in Anjou, comes to consolidate and reinforce the excellent relations between Angers SCO and Charlton. The whole of the Club wishes in Serges all success that he deserves.

if there's anyone who translate with more accuracy then we might get a better picture.

Got the wife to translate it. It's almost identical to the babelfish translation (though I think you may have missed off the final French sentence):

Serges, whose performances at the tournament in Toulon did not go unnoticed, is returning to Charlton.

This return, which is based on the development of Serges throughout his time in Anjou, will consolidate the excellent relations between Angers SCO and Charlton.
  • Options
    If he's that good, i'll marry him so he can get a permit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the hell happened to all these partnerships we have, it just all seems a waste of money and time. Get that serge bloke in the squad and let starts using these links when we need them!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep breath.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite] Get that serge bloke in the squad and let starts using these links when we need them!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you read any of the other posts on this thread. HE. DOES. NOT. HAVE. A. WORK. PERMIT.
  • Options
    I have no idea what he looks like but he has been a regular in my European Cup winning Charlton side on Football Manager 2010.

By this measure alone he must be better than our current forward line.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: larryred[/cite]I have no idea what he looks like but he has been a regular in my European Cup winning Charlton side on Football Manager 2010.

By this measure alone he must be better than our current forward line.

?w=141&h=141

He is pretty decent on FM, but i usually sell him. Interestingly you are able to get work permit for him after your first season... which, in actual time, is now.
    I think that is a bug though, because he should have to spent another 3 years in france to get french citizenship .

maybe Scoham can tell us where his data comes from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]Interestingly you are able to get work permit for him after your first season... which, in actual time, is now.
    I think that is a bug though, because he should have to spent another 3 years in france to get french citizenship .

maybe Scoham can tell us where his data comes from.

The work permit part is nothing to do with the research and data, it's all worked out by the game. So like you say it could be a bug, maybe it's not working how it should.
  • Options
    out if curiosity – did you have to researched him or was it the Angers researcher, or an ivory coast researcher? or is he set to randomly generate stats?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It looks like Serge Deble has signed on loan for a season with FC Nantes (French second tier). Can't find confirmation any where though, but it's mentioned on a few sites.

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=65732

Someone on Your Views found out a few weeks ago

http://www.foot-national.com/3835-joueur-football-Deble-Serge.html

[cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]out if curiosity – did you have to researched him or was it the Angers researcher, or an ivory coast researcher? or is he set to randomly generate stats?
    Missed this, nothing to do with me as he's always been out on loan. Will have been the Angers researcher (if there even is one) and if not maybe the French head researcher.

If you look in the editor, any attributes with 0 will be randomly generated ones.
  • Options
    so he's still our player then according to that story. amazed we didn't cash in on him... unless of course there never was a £1m offer from wigan or blackburn.
  • Options
    He does not exist! FACT ;o)
  • Options
    I'd done some digging on this one before. As he couldn't get a work permit, quickest way to get one was to work in France in order to obtain an EU passport. This would then allow him to get a work permit here in the UK. But as the expected time frame was well past its sell by date, I'd asked a couple of people and basically was told that the original 'agreement' set up by PV was meaningless and that we'd been rather stitched up/misled. Make of it what you will, I'm just hopelessly confused by it all now. But we do still have the 'This One Is Different' Special Relationship with Liverpool.