Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kyel Reid released from contract at Sheff Utd

Just read on Twitter. Not seen it anywhere else?

Comments

• Lets get him in
  • hope he signs for us but would not be surprised to see another teams snap him up, maybe in the Championship.
  • Good player would love to see him back. Let's hope the budget/desire is there to make it happen.
  • WSSWSS
    edited July 2010
    Daily Mirror:
    http://bit.ly/a5ym9F
  • edited July 2010
    Would be great if we could get him, definitley has the ability to beat most league one full backs. I still reckon if he wasn't taken off against Swindon we'd have won :(
  • parky seemed confident that we were going to get him, according to a fan who spoke to him at the welling game.
  • edited July 2010
    For me he always looked capable and was exciting going forward- a real handful for defences in this league.
  • sounds familar.

Didnt the same thing happen with Jackson?

Lets hope the finale is the same.

Just shows how depressed the transfer market is that clubs will let plays go like this.
  • If Sheff have paid his contract it might be easier to pay less wages.
  • "Sheffield United yesterday agreed a compensation package to pay-up Kyel Reid's contract.

Winger Reid, 22, flopped at Championship United following a move from West Ham a year ago.

And the Blades have opted to make Reid a free agent.

Reid is now expected to join League One Charlton where he went on loan in January."

now this would be a right touch , another piece in the jigsaw
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Would be great if we could get him, definitley has the ability to beat most league one full backs. I still reckon if he wasn't taken off against Swindon we'd have won :(

Bang on.
  • Similar to Jackson, Reid wants to come back to London.

I really hoped we'd get both. This might explain why Basey has not been offered a contract yet. Also I can't see us signing Esajas now.
  • Jackson and Reid would imho make up for the loss of Bailey. We still need 2 or maybe even 3 strikers dependent on McLeod/Bauzas contract situation but our midfield would look very strong.

Dare I say it but if Reid signs, beginning to feel fairly optimistic about the coming season.
  • which ever variation of youga/jackson/reid you have on the left it should be fun to watch.
  • This would be the icing on the cake IMHO.

And if we do sign him , I'd like to be one of the first to say firkin well done to all concerned at the Club for the hard work they must have been inputting to get the squad to this VERY promising state.

Definitely onwards & upwards !
  • SIGN HIM SIGN HIM SIGN HIM!!!!
  • ......before pardew does
  • do eeeeettttt
  • utd can't just terminate a contract. Reid has to have agreed to it too.

That makes me think that he already has another club lined up.

The big question is which club.
  • That would be an excellent addition. All you parky doubters will come round eventually
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]And if we do sign him , I'd like to be one of the first to say firkin well done to all concerned at the Club for the hard work they must have been inputting to get the squad to this VERY promising state.
    For the sake of level-headed balance, I'd like to be the first to say "booooooooooooooooo" if we don't sign him.
  • [cite]Posted By: P.Parkinson'sLoveChild[/cite]That would be an excellent addition. All you parky doubters will come round eventually

Admire your faith!

;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]utd can't just terminate a contract. Reid has to have agreed to it too.

That makes me think that he already has another club lined up.

The big question is which club.[/quote]

Azerbaijan side, AFC Gabala have shown interest.
  • I'm guessing he will have several offers on the table. Lets hope he decides better the devil you know. Suspect this will be resolved tomorrow.

Not sure where this leaves Basey though. With a reduced budget will we go for 4 left sided players?
  • Hopefully we're getting him. Might want to come back to London.

Don't think he's quite as brilliant as some do, but a very good signing if we get him in our position. Will score goals and set up a few. Like Sam he does tire a bit later on in games.

Jackson and Reid as options down the left would be a good improvement over Bailey, Shelvey and Wagstaff in the first half of last season.
  • Come back to SE7 Kyel!

Enjoyed watching last season and definitely wanted him to return. Fingers crossed and all that.
  • This would be brilliant. would make me feel a lot more positive about this season. still need another right winger - really dont think wagstaff will be up to it when it comes to it. plus several forwards, a keeper, another CB and another RB! however, youga, jackson, reid, racon and semedo are the makings of a reasonable side. fortune in at CB would be key.
  • we all know that we need 1 or 2 if not 3 forwards.

Having a player like reid feeding them might just convince a Bauza or a n other that we are the club to join.

Will be watching the OS carefully tomorrow
  • definately need another 3 forwards, based on McLeod eventually going. It will be interesting to see who Parky can bring in as we also need to replace the Bailey goals that we have lost. If we end up with four strikers two of whom are Sodje and Mooney I fear for our chances.
  • COME ON PLEASE JOIN US KYLE!!!!!!!!!!