Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kyel Reid released from contract at Sheff Utd

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Alternatively there is Racon.

I'm genuinely confused. Is this a joke?

no, strangely, I think Henry was being serious.

...?!?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I wouldn't call any of our CMs creative, not convinced Jackson is that sort of player either. Maybe we can get by without one at this level, Kinsella and Jones weren't about creativity at all were they?
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyel_Reid

just came across this one :-)
  • Options
    from footie rumours :

16 Jul 2010 14:53:55
    16 Jul 2010 12:50:06
    Kyle Reid to Charlton is this true Ed? any other rumours you've heard? {editor's note – is that Kyel or Kyle Reid?}

Kyle the Sheff UTD player that's just released from his contract and tipped for a move back down south. {editor's note – ah ok, I don't know about him, but I know the Hammers have been looking for someone to give Kyel Reid a run in the first team next season.}

that editor really knows his stuff eh !!!
  • Options
    lol moron
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Phil Parkinson has made former loan star Kyel Reid his fourth new signing of the summer, the club announced on Friday.
    Pacy winger Reid, who impressed on the left flank during a loan spell in SE7 in the second half of last season, has been recruited on a free transfer from Sheffield United.
    Charlton manager Parkinson told the official website: "We're delighted Kyel has agreed to join us.
    "We've been working on the transfer throughout the summer, and it's great to get it done. He's an out-and-out winger, and it's an important signing.
    "Kyel did well when he was with us last season, and I also believe he's the type of player who will benefit from a good run of games. I know he also had offers from Championship clubs, so I know he's ready for the challenge.”
    The capture of Reid, who could feature in the pre-season friendly against Kettering Town on Saturday, was confirmed soon after the Addicks announced that striker Izale McLeod had left the club by mutual consent.
    Phil added: "Kyel is our fourth signing so far, and we're pleased with the players we have brought in. But we're still working hard to bring in more players.”
    Reid bagged four goals in 17 league appearances for the Addicks last term, notching against Yeovil Town, Southend United, Huddersfield Town and Exeter City, with Charlton never suffering defeat when the winger found the net.
    He returned to Bramall Lane following the end of his temporary stay in SE7, but the Addicks acted swiftly to clinch his signature following his release by the Championship Blades.
    The former West Ham United youngster made eight appearances for the Blades last term - seven as a substitute - after departing Upton Park on a free transfer for Kevin Blackwall's side.
    Born in South London, Reid was a product of West Ham's academy system, making his full debut for the Irons under then boss Alan Pardew in a 1-0 away win over West Bromwich Albion in May 2006.
    The following November, the five-foot-10 player joined Barnsley on an initial one-month loan, which was later extended to the end of the campaign, scoring twice in 26 appearances.
    After four league and cup games for West Ham in the 2007/08 campaign, Reid joined Crystal Palace on loan, but made just two substitute appearances for the Eagles.
    He scored his first and only goal for West Ham in a 4-1 League Cup second-round win against Macclesfield Town in August 2008, before embarking on another loan spell away from The Boleyn Ground when he headed for Blackpool for a month.
    In January 2009, Reid joined Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers on a temporary basis for the remainder of the season, making eight appearances and scoring once - ironically, against former loan side Barnsley.
    Despite being offered a new contract by the Hammers, Reid decided to head for pastures new and was snapped up on a free transfer by Sheffield United last summer, making his Blades debut in a League Cup tie against Port Vale.
    The 23-year-old has represented England at U17, U18 and U19 level and can also play on the right-hand side of midfield.
    He becomes Parkinson's fourth new recruit this summer following deals for Gary Doherty, Alan McCormack and Johnnie Jackson. The club has also agreed new contracts with Christian Dailly, Scott Wagstaff, Chris Solly and Alex Stavrinou.
  • Options
    ON THE OS- IT'S TRUE!!!!
  • Options
    Fantastic. Well done, Parky again!
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant. Welcome back Kyel !
  • Options
    Get in! Excellent signing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cracking signing. Squad starting to take shape nicely.
  • Options
    bit by bit it comes together.

My sources tell me Richard Murray sealed the deal on Tuesday night just before the Welling game. To get a signal and avoid being overheard he had to go on the pitch to take a call from Reid's agent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]bit by bit it comes together.

My sources tell me Richard Murray sealed the deal on Tuesday night just before the Welling game. To get a signal and avoid being overheard he had to go on the pitch to take a call from Reid's agent.

So if we see him on the pitch at Kettering we get excited right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]bit by bit it comes together.

So if we see him on the pitch at Kettering we get excited right?

Yep, you certainly can.

Parky's just told me Richard Murray starts up front, alongside Bauza.