Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kyel Reid released from contract at Sheff Utd

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Hopefully we're getting him. Might want to come back to London.

Don't think he's quite as brilliant as some do, but a very good signing if we get him in our position. Will score goals and set up a few. Like Sam he does tire a bit later on in games.

Jackson and Reid as options down the left would be a good improvement over Bailey, Shelvey and Wagstaff in the first half of last season.

Agree. I think with a good run in the side he will improve.

I presume that London will be a big influence for him but I would hope that Parky will be a factor, in the same way that Curbs used to bring in players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]definately need another 3 forwards, based on McLeod eventually going. It will be interesting to see who Parky can bring in as we also need to replace the Bailey goals that we have lost. If we end up with four strikers two of whom are Sodje and Mooney I fear for our chances.
    Agree it has to be another 3 if McLeod goes, otherwise one injury and we're relying on Tuna or Perkins to come off the bench. Not that they shouldn't occasionally, but we need 4 senior strikers if we're going to have a good season.
  • Options
    If this comes off and a couple of forwards you'd have to be very happy with the club's business. It's been disappointing to see players like Bailey, Randy and Richardson move on, but we all know we're in dire straits.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]but we all know we're in dire straits.

"Look at that, look at that, Mooney for nothin' and four Addicks for free"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]but we all know we're in dire straits.

"Look at that, look at that, Mooney for nothin' and four Addicks for free"
    I want my, I want my, I want my Curb-ish-ley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just read on Twitter. Not seen it anywhere else?

not on the Sheff Utd official site so probably not true.
  • Options
    I really really REALLY want Reidy back!
    If Parky can do this I'm going to really start liking the guy
  • Options
    when kyle turned up last season i was fortunate enough to sit with his family for virtually every game, didnt stop telling them and him when he joined them after the game how much we loved him and that we wished he signed full time.

kyle your a lovely lad from good stock come home to se7 one of the most exciting wingers i have seen at the valley, not a league 1 player at all

if we get him to go with jacko and semedo, racon once again all we will need is a couple of strikers
  • Options
    When it's on the OS I will get exited. Hope it's good news for us though. Good player.
  • Options
    Hope we get Kyel but also would like Esajas as cover, with Jackson at left back. Very exciting if it comes off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just want to put my contribution to the push to get Reid signed up!

Come on Charlton - GET HIM DOWN HERE!
  • Options
    Reid & Jackson were the two i personally wanted back of the loans, didn't expect either to come but if we can capture Reid it would make things look a bit better.

Still need strikers though
  • Options
    Parky sort it out, Parky Parky sort it out.
  • Options
    PLEASE GET HIM IN!

Despite some good/decent team performances last year, this guy was the only player worth the entrance fee alone (esp. Southend away)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Hope we get Kyel but also would like Esajas as cover, with Jackson at left back. Very exciting if it comes off!

With Youga still in the team when fit and Basey although he hasn't signed a contract we really don't need 5 left footed
  • Options
    He scored 4 goals in his spell with us, so you'd think over a full season he could get into double figures.

Would be very pleased if he signed. Him and Waggy on the wings would frighten pretty much every pair of League 1 full backs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Hope we get Kyel but also would like Esajas as cover, with Jackson at left back. Very exciting if it comes off!

With Youga still in the team when fit and Basey although he hasn't signed a contract we really don't need 5 left footed

On that basis, do we really need 5 right footed players.......?
  • Options
    Skysports.com now stating that a deal has been agreed to bring Reid to Charlton. Please let them be correct.

Reid/Jackson/Youga/Basey? would form one of the strongest left flanks we had had at the club for many a year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]

On that basis, do we really need 5 right footed players.......?

But we are talking about players who are full/wingers, only really Jackson has played in central midfield before. If Wagstaff or Solly get injured who do we have as cover?
  • Options
    Am keeping everything crossed that this comes off. The lad still has a point to prove, being called a flop for Sheff U - he knows he can perform for us and the management and fans believe in him here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to remember that Reid can play on either side, but we had Lloydy/Wagstaff on the right so we stuck him on the left. Could be wrong though
  • Options
    Sounds like a done deal & Sky don't get much wrong. If we do sign him then i will have to admit, I'm delighted with the four players brought in.
  • Options
    So, So far we would have signed Doherty, Jackson, McCormack and now potentially Reid. With Dailly on a new deal.

If Parky brings in an exciting Striker then i think he deserves alot of praise for his summer dealings so far. Well done to that man.

I know it isnt on the OS yet though :)
  • Options
    Go and get him Parky!! Happy days if true.
  • Options
    His goal against Southend was the biggest buzz I got supporting Charlton all last season and I was listening to it on the radio!
  • Options
    Vassell and 1 other would be the best transfer window in ages and i promise i would give Parky a full season with no abuse coming out of my gob
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Vassell and 1 other would be the best transfer window in ages and i promise i would give Parky a full season with no abuse coming out of my gob

Don't believe you .....!!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Vassell and 1 other would be the best transfer window in ages and i promise i would give Parky a full season with no abuse coming out of my gob

Don't believe you .....!!

;o)

I promise but the stikers need to be good i wont judge them on performance but if i think he has got the best he could and they dont do it then, i will wait till the end of the season and blame his piss poor coaching ability ;-)
  • Options
    You should have been there Tennis !! I was stood to the side of the goal right in line with the shot and had a great view of it...........a goal al the way and a magic feeling when it went in !!

I was also wearing a Bailey wig that evening
  • Options
    wtf is happening.........excited me..... REID..... bloody marvelous..just make it happen !