Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bedford Town V Charlton Athletic ( friendly) * Match Thread *

Comments

• Options
    It feels so good to beat the Eagles again .....(!)
  • Options
    I guessed Davisson as it was left midfielder - he looked good against welling too.
    He could get some game time this season though he is very small
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36295

I was Davidsson not Jenkinson!

yep my fault but to be fair thats what the annoncer said and i would know either if they knocked on my front door!
  • Options
    beds/planty/anyone who was there... were there any substitutions tonight?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Planty_The_Addick[/cite]Beds, did you think Fortune was at fault for our goal? I was at the other end and it looked like he was beaten for pace quite comfortably. Or was it a case of the whole defence being out of shape? We passed really comfortably I thought, and Jenkinson looked very good, Stav was impressive aswell.

I was at the other end so i couldnt really se who was at fault. Their striker put it away well under Gough.

I was impressed with Stav . He made some very good biting tackles in midfied. has a bit of Lee Bowyer about him.
  • Options
    CAFC XI: Gough; Mambo, Jenkinson (Solly 70), Fortune (Wagstaff 75), Llera; Sawyer, Racon (Perkins 66), Stavrinou, Mulley, Reid (Davisson 46), Tuna (Popo 78).

Subs (not used): Elliot, Semedo, Dailly, Bauza, McCormack.

Goals: Tuna 58, Davisson 90.
  • Options
    its all on the O/S
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb24[/cite]beds/planty/anyone who was there... were there any substitutions tonight?

yes, They made sneaky substitutions about 70 ,in with absolutely no announcements.

Solly , wagstaff and Semedo plus a couple of youngsters came on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]CAFC XI: Gough; Mambo, Jenkinson (Solly 70), Fortune (Wagstaff 75), Llera; Sawyer, Racon (Perkins 66), Stavrinou, Mulley, Reid (Davisson 46), Tuna (Popo 78).

Subs (not used): Elliot, Semedo, Dailly, Bauza, McCormack.

Goals: Tuna 58, Davisson 90.

I'm pretty sure Semedo was on in the end,
  • Options
    ah ok. just seen it on the o/s. cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    what are your thoughts on Tuna, Beds and Planty?

is it better with mayonnaise or hummus?

seriously though, by the sounds of it he didn't play all that well but bagged another goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]what are your thoughts on Tuna, Beds and Planty?

is it better with mayonnaise or hummus?

seriously though, by the sounds of it he didn't play all that well but bagged another goal

No he wasnt great but he does look like a goal poacher. I'm yet to be convinced.
  • Options
    Agree with Beds, muscled off the ball comfortably by the Defence. But when he gets a clear chace he really belts them, and the keeper had no chance saving his goal today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]what are your thoughts on Tuna, Beds and Planty?

Tuna grabbed a goal, Beds was a bit static but lasted the full 90 minutes, and Planty had a neat chip which landed behind the goal (stolen from his little bruv - the camera doesn't lie).
  • Options
    BedfordTownvCharltonAth003.jpg
  • Options
    BedfordTownvCharltonAth002.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    (Top photo)

That player in blue looks like he's a regular down his pub.
  • Options
    Is that fat mike tyson playing???

LLera smashing the ball up the pitch again FFS
  • Options
    In that top photo, notice the advert phone number on the stand roof?

Unreal, lol ..... dialing code: 01234. You couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite](Top photo)

That player in blue looks like he's a regular down his pub.

Put in one of our shirts and it could be John Barnes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe it is John Barnes, Jorge.
  • Options
    BedfordTownvCharltonAth005.jpg
  • Options
    The annoying thing about LLera is he probably plays a great long ball/cross about once or twice in 10 so he trys it alot. Once he came up to support the LM and had to take a cross on his right, and it was one of the best balls all game. So inconsistent its massively frustrating.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ha! Spot the eagle...... just above the rubbish bin, lololol
  • Options
    Lots of trees
  • Options
    BedfordTownvCharltonAth006.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just back from the game. Well, not 'just' back, but you get the idea.

Bedsaddick has done a decent job on the line-up etc, but Mambo played right back, not Solly. Solly came on at left back late on for Jenkinson. The handball for their penalty was by Reid and Semedo didn't come on at any time, but he was there.

Fortune was definitely done for pace for the Bedford equaliser, but there was also no cover behind him. You know, the kind of thing that Dailly does week in week out.

I liked the look of Jenkinson, although he is not left-footed. And there is something about Mulley too. Neat and tidy, with a hint of the unexpected ... I expect. Sawyer, I'm not so sure. Nothing really much to offer on tonight's evidence. Mambo reminds me too much of Lenny Henry to convince me that he can ever be a good footballer.

Reid was disappointing ... and less than impressed when Parkinson told him "You've spent long enough in there. Get out wide."

Great work by Racon for Tuna's goal (which he took very well). And Davisson's run and shot for the winner was a nice end to a fairly low-key work-out.

To complete the report ... Bedford Town cheesburgers are fine and good value at £4, parking in the main club car park at £1 was an honour and a privilege, while the club badge at £2-50 takes pride of place tonight on the mantlepiece at Rudd Towers.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Lots of trees[/quote]\

Thats to block out the noise of the A603, funny location for Bedford, not that close to the town really.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    BedfordTownvCharltonAth008.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You know I thought Racon should have played the ball sooner in the build up to our goal, and against a decent defence he would not have been able to hold on to the ball around their area for aslong as he got to.