Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vs Bromley Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Clem i disagree, I was standing behind the goal and fault frenchie had a good game, He looked neat, had a great touch, worked hard, put in some great crosses with the likes of akpo should be headerd on target, defo worth another look, thor was Ok some nice touches, didnt really get any good balls to him, so maybe worth alook vs watford, Frenchie/Norbert defo worth alook vs Watford, Lera was poor for me tonight, Mamb had a great game and for me looked solid, Keeper looked fine, made a coupple of good saves, wasnt really tested, Tuna was poor for me untill the last 5 mins, then he kinda sprang into life, dont think he could make the first team this year though
  • Options
    Did anyone else fink he had a game or was he just unfit through no thought of his own!
  • Options
    Tuna touched up Prior's missus i reckon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Tuna touched up Prior's missus i reckon.

I have one? Thats news to me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]

ha ha ha why am I not surprised.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]

ha ha ha why am I not surprised.

Nor am I tbh
  • Options
    i went , i thought norbet (or frenchie as we seem to be calling him lol) looked good but will need to get fitter if we signed him (seemed to have a bit of a tummy on him)
    liked this good his crossing and had good touch! mulley looked very good running with the ball, tuna looks that sort of striker that will not do much but then score!! i think thor has flair in him nice touch lare offs etc , sign marshall defo, and yes the some of the youngsters did give the ball away cheaply ( i was sitting they thinking what has happened to our youth since parker,rufus,etc) but we are league one now! but solly and wagstaff are ok and i think perkins is one for the years to come! :)
  • Options
    Mambo was the best player imo. Norbie looked good too. We were shocking in the first half but totally dominated the 2nd
  • Options
    Agree with Uie & Mike.
  • Options
    Good news...

A win, and sounds like the keeper was solid...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tuna Nets in Addicks 2 Goal Haul
  • Options
    It was a very young side that we played, but then Bromley had a lot of trailists playing too. Their young number 10 was the best player on the pitch - would swap him for our front two last night!

Tuna was anonymous for 85 minutes, Thor did very little. The French wide player looked to get involved and Mulley is good going forward, but has a lot to learn defensively. Llera was slow and his distribution was poor. Mambo's distribution is always weak, however his positioning, tackling and heading was very solid.

Our left back was woeful, the central midfield disappointing. Davidson needs to play on the right - he continually comes inside and makes the pitch too narrow. We should sign Marshall - and it wouldn't surprise me if Rob has serious competition for the no.1 jersey as he was very vocal and commanding - a proper seasoned pro.

If Tuna is currently our 2nd choice centre forward, we are in for a long, hard season ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Marshall would be fine in the first team. Need to see Mulley against better oppo. Llera obviously ok. Thor did nothing of note, Tuna ditto, Stav very dissapointing.

Unless we get a real injury crisis the likes of Davisson and Mambo are not going to be involved this year.

Cant fault the effort tonight, but as you would expect a lack of real quality, gave the ball aeay very cheaply - cgief offender was Stav unfortunately.

agree with all of this, Marshall was fine, the right back was better than Solly....the French bloke will never be seen in our shirt again, Mambo and Llera (whoooooosh, there goes another shite 60 yard pass to no one!).

up front nothing, I really want Tuna to be good and do well, would love us to produce a top quality striker from our academy but at the moment I just cannot see him making it, certainly not at league 1 level anyway, his touch looks awful - really hope he can prove me wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Mambo was the best player imo. Norbie looked good too. We were shocking in the first half but totally dominated the 2nd

were you there ??????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Back from the game.
    We were better second half than first, Tuna a good example of somebody who improved during the game. Thought the french player was neat and tidy with a decent touch and brain, but didn't exactly look Athletic (but no Ralph Milne). I thought Freddie Warren was OK, I agree the keeper will sign. Don't think Mambo is ready yet, thought Mulley did OK first half, but Gunnar did not impress me one bit, good vignette from Perkins when he came on....my son called it right in as much as Perkins and Tuna had a bit of a latent understanding. Also learned that Ben Davisson is called 'Dave' (after Rodney in OFAH?), needs to improve his decision making. I would certainly not give up on Mambo and Tuna (and Perkins)...oh and Popo has pace.

Or because his surname is Davisson.....
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Parky was there, was watching from bar in the main stand, i think it was a bar anyways, didnt go in was watching from touchline.

Tuna set up one and scored one but i cant stand him, needs to get rid of the chip on his shoulder![/quote]

This really is the kind of comment about one of our young kids that should be discouraged on this list. If that's how you feel, keep it to yourself. Just how discouraging would it be for a developing player to know that some fans 'can't stand him'. About as useful as the groans and moans that Jonjo Shelvey had to put up with last year. Totally counter-productive
  • Options
    the stick shelvey got last season was unbelievable. he is now in the liverpool squad for the uefa cup.go on jonjo! as for this forum after being new here i have decided to never go on here again. it seems to me that a lot of the charlton fans dont give a feck about our youngsters. just any excuse to ridicule them yet when the first team plays shit no one says a fecking word!!! you lot give charlton fc a bad name. no wonder other clubs laugh at us. end of me im going to go and find a tree and a long rope!!!
  • Options
    Here's my take on it, and yes I was there. Thought Marshall in goal was excellent - big and commanding with really quick distribution. Looked confident. Mulley at right back was also really good and seemed to like getting forward - i'd prefer over Solly. He linked well with Norbert who, I thought, played really well - not as fast as Wagstaff - but was committed and showed some really nice touches. If it was my decision I'd try him against Watford. Mambo solid at the back but poor distribution wheras Llera looked less solid but with good distribution...some overhit as usual though. Thought Thorvaldson run araound a lot but never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Tuna was OK but seems to lack a bit of confidence at the key times.

Bromley played really well in the first half (especially their No. 10) and could've scored - don't think we had a shot on goal. We gave the ball away a LOT. Second half completely different as we dominated and played some nice passing footbal without any long balls! Not really sure what we changed around to make it so different - seemed to play a bit further up the pitch. Enjoyed the game and we got a bit lucky with the first goal. Overall felt quite positive at the end as it was essentially a bunch of kids out there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sidcupterry[/cite]yet when the first team plays shit no one says a fecking word!
    You are new arent you?!
  • Options
    No one says a word about how bad the first team plays?

Have you actually been on here after a loss? You can't move for the Parky Out/Bailey Should Never Play Football Again/ Shoot The Lot Of 'Em threads!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were playing blue square south opposition, and Stav once again didn't impress me at all. Not sure how anyone can say he is ready for our first team. Tuna obviously scored the pen but didn't do much else the rest of the game, personally I thought Perkins was more of a threat when he came on.

We didn't look good and IMO only got the two late goals because Bromley had obviously tired.
  • Options
    "Tuna starting to look very pissed off with what is supposed to be service...."

This and a few other comments very true about him last night, and at the Welling game. Perhaps after getting an early taste of first team football he felt he'd arrived and already proved himself. Might be wiser to buckle down like Waggy has done after his own baptism of fire, and come back stronger. He does have talent; nice balance and good vision, but until the last quarter of the game (perhaps buoyed by the arrival of Perkins) spent too much time looking peed off at what he pervceived to be poor service. Plenty of time to gain experience and continue filling out (he didn't much fancy any physical contact which often resulted in hurried misplaced flicks etc.) until he hopefully comes good and offers more of the package required for genuinne first team contention.

Thought Mulley did v well again but wonder if some of the "better than Solly" comments perhaps mean more eye-catching. Solly's had a good schooling and looks a vg prospect to me; time will tell.

Mambo looked to really enjoy being one of the "seniors" amomg the other kids. He spoke well, particularly to Mulley, showing good authority throughout, without just tub-thumping for the sake of it. Of course he's still very raw himself but he seems to be growing into the role.

Marshall did look v confident too. No idea if he's the one but he's just the type of keeper we need alongside Elliot. He also seemed genuinely keen to impress which is always nice.

Norbert clearly hadn't had games but didn't hide and has vg touch without being particularly quick. Might give us a useful alternative to Waggy but impossible to judge properly until he's closer to match fitness.

Gunnar - unfortunate with his injury but has now been given another chance and despite good awareness, hasn't quite done enough for me. He's had a handful of good chances now and not really convinced with any of them.

And finally... Perkins did so much better in his little cameo than he did at AFCW where he appeared well off the pace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]And finally... Perkins did so much better in his little cameo than he did at AFCW where he appeared well off the pace.
    Good to know, didn't notice him much at Wimbledon, looked some way off the first team.

Interesting there's a few different opinions on Norbert. Like Sawyer, probably just having a look, rather than him being top of Parky's list.
  • Options
    I arrived 10mins late and left 10 mins early so missed both goals! Anyway from what I saw, Marshall was good and spoke to the defence a lot which is something I often worry about with Robbie. Mulley was our best outfield player, looks good going forwards. Mambo was good although probably not ready for League1 yet. Llera his usual self and almost got caught out when joggin back at one point. The LB didn't really impress me. Stav gave the ball away cheaply on a number of occasions that would have been punished at a higher level, Norbert - willing but not up to it, Davisson - very small and poor distribution. Warren? Didn't see a lot of him. Thor has a good touch but will not score many and I think has had enough chances, and Tuna gives up too easily - should be busting a gut to get in the first team squad but too often looks uninterested and lazy. He did improve as game went on and maybe is one of these players who needs to feel like he is a "big fish" to show his best - ie was better when the younger lads came on.
  • Options
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THE COMMENTS MADE BY FANS ON LAST NIGHTS GAME. IF THE FIRST ELEVEN PLAYED LIKE THOSE BOYS LAST NIGHT AND SECURED 3 POINTS MAYBE CHARLTON WOULD HAVE GONE UP AUTOMATICALLY.IMO THE BROMLEY TEAM PLAYED 5 IN MIDFIELD AND FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME PLAYED WITH 10 MEN BEHIND THE BALL. GIVEN THAT MANY OF OUR YOUNGSTERS HADNT ACTUALLY PLAYED TOGETHER AS A TEAM BEFORE I FELT TO WIN THE GAME WAS A GOOD INDICATION THAT WE HAVE BATTLERS IN OUR YOUTH SET UP. I FELT STAV DID NOT HAVE THE BEST FIRST HALF (NOR DID MANY OF THE OTHERS ) BUT DONE REALLY WELL IN THE SECOND HALF AND I CAN NAME HALF A DOZEN TIMES WHEN HE WON THE BALL AND PASSED IT ON ONLY FOR A FORWARD OR WIDE PLAYER TO LOSE IT AND PUT US UNDER PRESSURE AGAIN. OVERALL I AM PLEASED WE CAN PUT OUT A YOUNG TEAM THAT BATTLES TO THE END.
  • Options
    no need to shout...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Their young number 10 was the best player on the pitch ....[/quote]

Warren McBean I believe, he apparently scored twice for us behind closed doors vs Chelsea last year. Tuna McBean frontline, like the sound of that, nutritious.
  • Options
    We can't sign both Guillaume Norbert and Guillem Bauza, far too hard to pronounce without phlegmming and spitting all over the place!
  • Options
    You related to Stav selftaught?
  • Options
    SECOND COUSIN TWICE REMOVED