Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vs Bromley Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    No wonder they removed you from the family
  • Options
    Stop shouting!

I like Stav he's a nice guy and fairly solid for his size.
  • Options
    "I CANNOT BELIEVE THE COMMENTS MADE BY FANS ON LAST NIGHTS GAME".

Which ones? I hate to see the kids panned but thought most of the assessment was fairly accurate and balanced. Not sure anyone suggested a lack of effort. They upped the tempo in the second half, passed it better, and got what they deserved in the end.
  • Options
    at the end of he day, yes most of them were kids, but they were poor - not gonna lie and say they were good just to make them feel better if they are reading this!

they were playing a conference south side who'd played the night before as well and who for the first half pretty much played them off the park !
  • Options
    It wasn't even their first choice 11 - who all played vs Crystal Palace the night before - it was their reserves and trialisists pretty much!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't get this whole don't slag off the kids thing, I've done work since I was 14, and if I wasn't up for scratch I've been told it. Like against Hereford last year when I thought Stav and Solly weren't up to scratch, they were playing against worse opposition than we will meet in the league and didn't shine. Therefore I think they will be out of their depth and not perform to the expected level if played in the league.

Mulley, Davisson and perkins impressed me of the younger players, I thought stav didn't get control of the game, tuna just looked like a nothing player until he went down very easily for the penalty (personally I thought it was still a penalty but he defo made more of it than it was, not that that is a bad thing for a young striker to learn). None of the others are ready for regular first team action based on what I've seen of them, and those should be used sparingly
  • Options
    Just to correct some if the comments on here, it was mostly Bromley's first team last night and was a slightly stronger team than the one put out against Palace. Just saying.
  • Options
    Went to this last night, thought first half we looked very bad but second half was better. Mambo was our best player I think, his block off the line when a Bromley player had an open goal was immense. Llera looked very disinterested and seemed like he's lost 10 yards of pace over the summer. Mulley was the best out of the trialists, got forward well although did get exposed sometimes in defence. Think we will sign him and Marshall who didn't have much to do but was good at organising the defence. Could be useful to put pressure on Elliot.

Thor looked poor again, really didn't offer anything to the team and doubt he will get a contract after his performances in these friendlies. When Perkins came on we looked much more dangerous. Norbert was poor as well, just seemed to run into the corner and lose the ball.

As for our youngsters Tuna was shocking in the first half, barged off the ball too easily and every pass went straight to a Bromley player. Second half he was much better, mainly due to the "encouragement of Kinsella", showed some nice touches and won and scored the penalty. If he bulks up a bit could be a good player. Wasn't impressed with Stavrinou, again too easily knocked off the ball and was hardly involved in the game. Davisson was OK, seemed eager to get the ball but needs to understand the offside trap. Was caught offside about 5 times in the second half alone.
  • Options
    Always take what relatives/mates of players say with a very, very, large grain of salt - I don't think Clem is related to any of those who played last night so his reportage is unbiased in that respect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I don't get this whole don't slag off the kids thing, I've done work since I was 14, and if I wasn't up for scratch I've been told it. Like against Hereford last year when I thought Stav and Solly weren't up to scratch, they were playing against worse opposition than we will meet in the league and didn't shine. Therefore I think they will be out of their depth and not perform to the expected level if played in the league.

I think the problem people have is with the few that say a player was useless, will never make it, etc, rather than saying a player had a poor game and isn't quite ready for the first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest none I can't see any of the young 'uns becoming first team regulars, maybe Mulley or Mambo will be like Wagstaff and make the most of subs appearances? Tuna did look pretty poor first half, but still has the makings of a decent but not great player.
  • Options
    At the start of the thread I said I thought Norbert had played for us before, a long time back and Colin Cameron has just confirmed that he did, 10 years ago!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]To be honest none I can't see any of the young 'uns becoming first team regulars, maybe Mulley or Mambo will be like Wagstaff and make the most of subs appearances? Tuna did look pretty poor first half, but still has the makings of a decent but not great player.
    Won't be easy for Mambo, as a centre back it's not like we can just bring him on with 20 minutes to go in every game.

Mulley is older (and not our player yet), if he signs could see him being on the bench a lot as he seems to be versatile, not sure how we'd use him unless he is signed mainly as a right back.
  • Options
    Highlight of last night was the young lady parading in front of me Gumbo & Medders behind the goal. What she lacked in age she more than made up in Cup sizes they truly were magnificent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Highlight of last night was the young lady parading in front of me Gumbo & Medders behind the goal. What she lacked in age she more than made up in Cup sizes they truly were magnificent.

bollox i knew i should have gone

DD?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Highlight of last night was the young lady parading in front of me Gumbo & Medders behind the goal. What she lacked in age she more than made up in Cup sizes they truly were magnificent.[/quote]

Was she the one with her legs up on the bench seat and wearing denim hotpants?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Highlight of last night was the young lady parading in front of me Gumbo & Medders behind the goal. What she lacked in age she more than made up in Cup sizes they truly were magnificent.

Was she the one with her legs up on the bench seat and wearing denim hotpants?

get fooking better..

why the hell is there no pics
  • Options
    She was wearing Denim Hot pants, probably only 16 years old mind :-)
  • Options
    legal andall is well