Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films that make men cry

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Shawshank Redemption is very moving especially when Morgan Freeman is narrating near the end just before he meets Andy on the beach, not sure there were tears but very emotive. And a great film.

Not a film but worth a mention, again not tears but exceptionally moving when they showed Gazza's reaction to Sir Bobby asking about his performance in the 1990 documentary on ITV a few weeks back.
  • Options
    I used to work with a bloke, real tough man. Hard as nails but told me one day (we'd been watching a health & safety video about a young lad who'd been got a job on site by his older brother and ended up choking to death down a shaft because it wasn't gas tested) that he cries at loads of films and that video almost got him.

He could never control himself when Bambi's mum gets shot, at the lion king, all the cartoons he took his kids to see turned him into a blubbering wreck!

His daughter took him to see shrek to see if he would cry when the donkey got locked out of Waynes Shreks house.

He's left the company now so I can tell this to the other lads, no way was I gonna tell that when I worked with the nutbar
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Of those, I've only seen Shawshank Redemption and Life is Beautiful. I didn't cry for either, but I want to watch Life is Beautiful again - don't think it went in the first time.

Life Is Beatiful is a great film and the most recent that got to me. Seen it about five times now on DVD in English and Italian (with subtitles).

It's worth watching it in both languages, although I enjoyed the film the first time I watched it, I seemed to get more from the film from watching it in both languages. I do that for all foreign films anyway - watch it in both languages!
  • Options
    Watched Deep Impact last night. That almost got me when the blind astronaut is saying goodbye to his baby.
  • Options
    17. The Italian job

Eh?!?!?!?
  • Options
    Field of Dreams
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Land and Freedom.. centred on the Spanish civil war, when the coffin scene cuts back to the present day. Immense impact for me i think as it brings home the message that history is now, something like that.

Maybe crying isn't woossy but a reaction when no other emotion will do?
  • Options
    the future is unwritten joe strummer, when the wind blows and bruno
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite]
    17. The Italian job

Eh?!?!?!?
    Exactly what I thought, at what point would anyone cry during this?
  • Options
    When the E-Type Jag gets tossed over the cliff?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that list was from an article on BBC website. Bloke says when the e-types and the aston gets smashed up, brings a tear to his eye. Dont think he was actually being serious !!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Old thread alert!!

Watched Gladiator again last night. That final scene, even though I've seen it about 20 times, still gets me. Hans Zimmer is a genius on that soundtrack.
  • Options
    Seven pounds, has me balling every time, outstanding performance from will smith
  • Options
    Forrest Gump always brings a tear to my eye.

Jenny, you now want Forrest as you are dying of aids, you slaaaaag
  • Options
    Think I'm dead inside, don't really cry at films.

But the start of Up is definitely the closest I've come I think.
  • Options

Old thread alert!!

Watched Gladiator again last night. That final scene, even though I've seen it about 20 times, still gets me. Hans Zimmer is a genius on that soundtrack.

One of my all-time favourite film scores. Now We Are Free gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.
  • Options

Seven pounds, has me balling every time, outstanding performance from will smith

How do you find Will Smith in the snow?

Look for fresh prints.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Agree with 7 pounds

Also adding awakenings

And I dare anyone to watch A Walk To Remember without 1 tear (its impossible)
  • Options
    Escape from Sobibor.

The bit when 13 men are about to be executed, what the Nazi officer makes them do and how they do it.
    Absolutely ruins me.
    Every.
    Single.
    Time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Absolutely this Abs.

Crying over a film? What next?
    MAN UP.

Crying is only acceptable at the birth of your child or death \ funeral.
  • Options

Absolutely this Abs.

Crying over a film? What next?
    MAN UP.

Crying is only acceptable at the birth of your child or death \ funeral.
    Absurdisan having children? That would require him meeting a woman and having sex.

Funerals it is then.
  • Options
    ET
    Up
    The Champ
    Kramer Vs Kramer
    Earthlings (documentary)
  • Options
    Cool runnings when they have to carry the sled at the end.

Marley and Me, a dog thing
  • Options
    Shadowlands
    ET
    An episode from the Flintstone when Fred And Wilma kicked Dino out the house.
  • Options

Escape from Sobibor.

The bit when 13 men are about to be executed, what the Nazi officer makes them do and how they do it.
    Absolutely ruins me.
    Every.
    Single.
    Time.

When they have to select someone to be executed with them, and that guy steps in front of the woman? We watched that at school. Crushing
  • Options
    Into the West

Through fathering a son whose lost his mum.
  • Options
    DIY SOS did me the other night
  • Options

ET
    Up
    The Champ
    Kramer Vs Kramer
    Earthlings (documentary)

UP? Explain that one please
  • Options
    Someone else said it on the first page, but 'click', although a comedy, is seriously sad at the end.